• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs – Ferencváros (A) – Thu 3 Oct 5.45pm UK / 6.45pm Budapest***

Maybe Spurs aren't the club for you. All they seem to do is make you miserable.
Not miserable, just being honest.

I love the young crop we have at Spurs, I think Gray is a fantastic player, but why are we blaying him as a CB? or a left back... Lets get the lad some experience in the position that he plays as. A DM, but a bloody good ball playing one at that.

Yeah I know, when he was at Leeds he played a lot of RB, but IIRC, he favoured position is DM. Lets get him in their rather than shoving him out as LB, because teddies were thrown and some players were not included in the Squad.

Why are we playing Moore on the right when he made his name playing on the left? I would have gone

Moore ---- Lankshear ------ Johnson

Got an international break in a couple weeks, not gonna kill Johnson can always sub him later if need be against Brighton.

Would have brought much balance to the team

Whether you agree with me or not, is fair enough. But I am not miserable, just pointing the reality of it.

I want Spurs to be the best we can be, I don;t expect us to be peak Brazil 100% of the time, but I would like good, free flowing attacking football the majority of the time and inspire confidence by not making stupid mistakes like leaving Djed off the list.

I love Spurs to the core and I want us to be the best the right way and not buy the league every season like ManC.

Thought Werner did okay overall. Not involved that much, but to be expected considering none of Gray/Davies/Bergvall tried to link up with him.

Porro and others did much better on the other side. Moore probably the best of the fringe players, but still some way of a regular starting spot for me. Too eager to just run with the ball when he should be passing it.

Bergvall with another iffy performance. Showed some glimpses, but his first touch was often poor and he either reacts too slow or takes forever to get the ball under control.

Some rubbish refereeing. A little perplexed by their early effort being disallowed, the lines shewn looked a touch amiss.

Other decisions to stop our efforts in their area were worse, and decisions on general fouls were oft-times awry.

To paraphrase an old political aphorism - If Werner is the answer, it must be a bloody silly question

Thought Werner did okay overall. Not involved that much, but to be expected considering none of Gray/Davies/Bergvall tried to link up with him.

Porro and others did much better on the other side. Moore probably the best of the fringe players, but still some way of a regular starting spot for me. Too eager to just run with the ball when he should be passing it.

Bergvall with another iffy performance. Showed some glimpses, but his first touch was often poor and he either reacts too slow or takes forever to get the ball under control.
Maybe they have lost confidence in him? Didn't do much to sort that out, later in the game.

That should have been a goal, it really should.

Bergvall looked out of his depth
He looked like a lad making his first start proper and playing against a. Tough twam
He will get better but this year is about development and settling in for me

I love the young crop we have at Spurs, I think Gray is a fantastic player, but why are we blaying him as a CB? or a left back... Lets get the lad some experience in the position that he plays as. A DM, but a bloody good ball playing one at that.

Yeah I know, when he was at Leeds he played a lot of RB, but IIRC, he favoured position is DM. Lets get him in their rather than shoving him out as LB, because teddies were thrown and some players were not included in the Squad.

Why are we playing Moore on the right when he made his name playing on the left? I would have gone

Got an international break in a couple weeks, not gonna kill Johnson can always sub him later if need be against Brighton.

Whether you agree with me or not, is fair enough. But I am not miserable, just pointing the reality of it.

I want Spurs to be the best we can be, I don;t expect us to be peak Brazil 100% of the time, but I would like good, free flowing attacking football the majority of the time and inspire confidence by not making stupid mistakes like leaving Djed off the list.

I love Spurs to the core and I want us to be the best the right way and not buy the league every season like ManC.
OK. But we're in the midst of a busy stretch and with suspensions and rotation is 100% necessary. Gotta trust Big Ange to make the right calls. He would have known what Gray is capable of playing other positions. Gray played very well today. Wasn't perfect by any means but showed some real skill with the ball under pressure and made some very smart decisions with his defensive play and positioning. Why not focus on the positives?

A great day for the young players with only Bergvall disappointing. They need to play and these European games often provide the best chance to give them starts. We had a strong bench to call on if things weren't going our way but the starting 11 more than did their job and we only needed to bring in top players toward the end. Got Johnson another goal and kept everyone fresh and ready for a big PL game at Brighton.

Find the sunshine.

You failing to see the picture, this was a 100% calculated risk that paid off.

- This was never a game about free flowing football, we have a game in 3 days with two first 11 players injured, this was about getting the job done
- Your hindsight comments when we won is doubly perplexing, see top point
- Gray, Bergvall, Moore, Lankshear getting game time in the same game is brilliant, and at their age they don't get to pick "preferred position", see Gray's own interviews, I'll play wherever I can get game time.

City, Real, Pool all do these "not great performance" games with some squad rotation, and they get praised for it, professional performance, getting the result .. us? oh, it wasn't spectacular football, so we suck ..

I get what you are saying. But we don't know what position will be their best yet. They're teenagers.

What was bales best position at that age?

Last edited:
I’m not worried about him own bit
I’m really happy with all the signings
But seeing him highlights the divide currently between him and others

He's been better in other games, he struggled coming on against United, little dip in form, very normal at his age.

I've found him & Gray to often fit right in (you don't always realize they are the youngsters)

Loved all the young performers today. Lankshear was really impressive in full context today - excellent hold up play and helped menace the opener. Bergvall did fine, a little loose here and there but he is absolutely going to be a star. Moore was just excellent. And Gray? I think he is the most like Perram potentially I have seen at the club. Engine, maturity, tenacity, temperament. He has a massive future as a cornerstone of this club IMO...

Bergvall was very patchy but will be very good, soon.
I think we can give him the assist for Sarr's goal, as he was right in there balancing on his head doing some funky breakdancing moves.

Back