• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic games Paris 2024

See also the Caster Semenya case Semenya, born with DSD, is a man and has fathered children, but has competed unfairly as a woman.

Gender ideologues use DSD to try to deny the binary nature of sex in humans, but cases of DSD are very rare and don't invalidate the binary.
Caster Semenya is a father?

See also the Caster Semenya case Semenya, born with DSD, is a man and has fathered children, but has competed unfairly as a woman.

Gender ideologues use DSD to try to deny the binary nature of sex in humans, but cases of DSD are very rare and don't invalidate the binary.
Are you sure he is the biological father? From my understanding of his condition he wouldn't be able to.

OK cool thanks for clarifying, I put this out for that reason, loads of brick out there so hard to know what to believe, so appreciate it

"On 24 March 2023, IBA disqualified athletes Lin Yu-ting and Imane Khelif from the IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships New Delhi 2023. This disqualification was a result of their failure to meet the eligibility criteria for participating in the women’s competition, as set and laid out in the IBA Regulations. This decision, made after a meticulous review, was extremely important and necessary to uphold the level of fairness and utmost integrity of the competition...

While IBA remains committed to ensuring competitive fairness in all of our events, we express concern over the inconsistent application of eligibility criteria by other sporting organizations, including those overseeing the Olympic Games. The IOC’s differing regulations on these matters, in which IBA is not involved, raise serious questions about both competitive fairness and athletes’ safety."

Olympic boxing is a joke, corrupt as fudge, second Irish woman boxer robbed in a day. Fight wasn't even close.

You are being the opposite of progressive. Single sex sports exist for good reasons: fairness in all sports where strength and/or speed matter, and safety in contact and combat sports. Mediocre men can beat elite women in contests of strength and speed. Today a man punched a woman's helmet off and broke her nose in a brutally unfair and unsafe boxing match.

The Olympic Committee statement on the boxing situation is interesting. The situation doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as conclusive as some of the posts here would lead you to believe. They say the Algerian was disqualified based last year on an “arbitrary decision by two individuals”. Apparently the Algerian has also been beaten 9 times in her career by women.

I admittedly know very little about this and, I have to confess, I struggle sometimes to get my head around gender identity but some of the anti trans stuff I’ve seen (not here) in relation to this has been revolting.

The Olympic Committee statement on the boxing situation is interesting. The situation doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as conclusive as some of the posts here would lead you to believe. They say the Algerian was disqualified based last year on an “arbitrary decision by two individuals”. Apparently the Algerian has also been beaten 9 times in her career by women.

I admittedly know very little about this and, I have to confess, I struggle sometimes to get my head around gender identity but some of the anti trans stuff I’ve seen (not here) in relation to this has been revolting.

Speaking only about boxing as a "sport" and their "regulators" and not this specific cases I find it high amusing that their regulations are being called into question.
Is there a more corrupt sport than boxing?

This isn't a trans issue (not saying there aren't idiots spouting crap as usual), it comes down to whether or not she is male or female.
A trans woman (born man) wouldn't be allowed in womens boxing.
According to the IBA she was tested and found to have an XY chromosome. Unless they are lying about that then she shouldn't be allowed in womens boxing. Why didn't the IOC carry out their own tests if there are doubts?

Speaking only about boxing as a "sport" and their "regulators" and not this specific cases I find it high amusing that their regulations are being called into question.
Is there a more corrupt sport than boxing?
Some of the judging in the Olympics boxing is disgraceful, it's as corrupt as fudge.

Some of the judging in the Olympics boxing is disgraceful, it's as corrupt as fudge.
I don't follow boxing at all, but I've seen pics of this fight and what struck me was that they didn't look like they should be in the same weight category.
The Algerian looked considerably bigger, although that could just be the camera angle.

This isn't a trans issue (not saying there aren't idiots spouting crap as usual), it comes down to whether or not she is male or female.
A trans woman (born man) wouldn't be allowed in womens boxing.
According to the IBA she was tested and found to have an XY chromosome. Unless they are lying about that then she shouldn't be allowed in womens boxing. Why didn't the IOC carry out their own tests if there are doubts?
Yeah I get this isn’t a trans issue, just that a lot of what’s been posted in relation to this is very transphobic. Sort of highlights the stupidity and ignorance of a lot of folks.

It’s a fair question and not one I can really answer. The IOC said something along the lines of “the PBU (Paris 2024 Boxing Unit) testing and guidelines are consistent with previous Olympics”. Full statement is at https://olympics.com/ioc/news/joint-paris-2024-boxing-unit-ioc-statement.

Like I say, it’s not an area that I have any real knowledge or expertise in. I just find some of the reaction more reflective of people’s prejudice rather than insightful analysis of what’s actually gone on.

I don't follow boxing at all, but I've seen pics of this fight and what struck me was that they didn't look like they should be in the same weight category.
The Algerian looked considerably bigger, although that could just be the camera angle.
Watch a bit of it but mostly the Irish fighters. Two fights were clear wins for Irish boxers (not being biased, there was no doubt) and weren't given. One was more that the ref didn't deduct points for constant holding and spoiling. The Irish boxing experts were going mad at the decisions, basically calling the decisions corrupt. One was against a French boxer, so no surprise there.

Back