• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic games Paris 2024

Just saw some highlights from the bmx final - holy crap! Insane. Those guys are incredible. Saw the 14 year old girl that won the skateboarding the other day as - what a talent! Skateboarding is so bloody hard - to see what she pulled off - I'm speechless. Wow. I'm just beyond impressed by the people that master these insanely technical sports.

Is this female boxing controversy all another Russian lie? From what I have read that Khelif is a biological woman and not transitioned or anything? But a Russian network put out a tweet about XY and its all blown up

Is this female boxing controversy all another Russian lie? From what I have read that Khelif is a biological woman and not transitioned or anything? But a Russian network put out a tweet about XY and its all blown up
And there's the rub, no one really knows what to believe anymore.
If it's not Russian lies it's AI, or far right misinformation or left wing propaganda.
And if you don't like what someone is saying smear them with one of the above.
Sensible people are more inclined to wait and see, weigh it up for themselves and come to a conclusion.
In this age of instant gratification and short attention spans those sensible people are fighting a hard battle to keep truth in the frontline.

And there's the rub, no one really knows what to believe anymore.
If it's not Russian lies it's AI, or far right misinformation or left wing propaganda.
And if you don't like what someone is saying smear them with one of the above.
Sensible people are more inclined to wait and see, weigh it up for themselves and come to a conclusion.
In this age of instant gratification and short attention spans those sensible people are fighting a hard battle to keep truth in the frontline.

Oh I am more than willing to wait, I did some research in (as much as you can) and the only "evidence" of it would be that some Russian official tweeted they are both XY which I can't find anywhere else, according to more credible sources they are biological women with high levels of male hormones.

Hence why I asked, there are likely more informed people than my 10 min Columbo act :)

Oh I am more than willing to wait, I did some research in (as much as you can) and the only "evidence" of it would be that some Russian official tweeted they are both XY which I can't find anywhere else, according to more credible sources they are biological women with high levels of male hormones.

Hence why I asked, there are likely more informed people than my 10 min Columbo act :)
What bothers me.................*
I don't follow boxing and certainly not women's boxing so it's all totally passed me by.

Just for anyone too young to know, that's a catchphrase from Columbo, a TV dective show of years gone by.

Sailing medal race abandoned because the wind changed 🤣
Surely that should be part of the risk/reward calculations and skill of sailing?!

Found out about this on social media. F**k me, there is some load of anti-trans bile on there. It's an absolute cesspit. I completely disagree with biological men competing in women's sport. But, from what I can see, that's not what's happened here.

From what I understand, and my knowledge on this is very sketchy, Khelif hasn't transitioned - they seem to be a biological woman. If that is the case, this is pretty horrendous what's been said about her.

Perhaps there is more to this than the above but, based on what is in the public domain, what's being said is absolutely disgraceful IMO.

Found out about this on social media. F**k me, there is some load of anti-trans bile on there. It's an absolute cesspit. I completely disagree with biological men competing in women's sport. But, from what I can see, that's not what's happened here.

From what I understand, and my knowledge on this is very sketchy, Khelif hasn't transitioned - they seem to be a biological woman. If that is the case, this is pretty horrendous what's been said about her.

Perhaps there is more to this than the above but, based on what is in the public domain, what's being said is absolutely disgraceful IMO.
It's one of many things that I finds tragic about the trans issues, it's so easy to slur anyone who may look more masculine or feminine than their gender/sex.
For anyone who has image anxiety it surely can't help, but these trolls don't give a fudge about that.

Oh, and Facebook in general is just an absolute cesspit.

Khelif is a man. Just look at him. His opponent abandoned the fight after 46 seconds, after Khelif broke her nose. This is a travesty of sport.

I add that there is also a Taiwanese man competing in the women's boxing, and there are two male footballers in the women's football.

At least that massive cheat and bully Lia Thomas was not allowed to ruin the women's swimming.

Khelif is a man. Just look at him. His opponent abandoned the fight after 46 seconds, after Khelif broke her nose. This is a travesty of sport.

Well this is my point, there is nothing out there officially to say if they are or they are not, other than looks (which I think can be unfair).

Would like to see something official before casting a judgement

I add that there is also a Taiwanese man competing in the women's boxing, and there are two male footballers in the women's football.

At least that massive cheat and bully Lia Thomas was not allowed to ruin the women's swimming.
The lia Thomas stuff is shocking and handled so badly it's doing no one any favours.

No, they were tested by International Boxing Association and found to have XY chromosomes (therefore male) and banned from competing in IBA governed tournaments. IBA were the governing body for the Olympics originally and they couldn't compete but there was something up with IBA governance and they were removed and a new body put in place. The new body doesn't have proper rules in place for this and from what I can understand they were allowed compete as women because it states they are women on their passports.

This is nothing to do with being trans, they suffer from disorders of sex development but are still men if they have an XY chromosome.

No, they were tested by International Boxing Association and found to have XY chromosomes (therefore male) and banned from competing in IBA governed tournaments. IBA were the governing body for the Olympics originally and they couldn't compete but there was something up with IBA governance and they were removed and a new body put in place. The new body doesn't have proper rules in place for this and from what I can understand they were allowed compete as women because it states they are women on their passports.

This is nothing to do with being trans, they suffer from disorders of sex development but are still men if they have an XY chromosome.

OK cool thanks for clarifying, I put this out for that reason, loads of brick out there so hard to know what to believe, so appreciate it

See also the Caster Semenya case Semenya, born with DSD, is a man and has fathered children, but has competed unfairly as a woman.

Gender ideologues use DSD to try to deny the binary nature of sex in humans, but cases of DSD are very rare and don't invalidate the binary.

Back