• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Olympic games Paris 2024

Spain equalise almost immediately, and then it's the French GK who makes a howler, and suddenly it's France 1-2 Spain! Both goalkeepers looking like rank amateurs!

3-1 Spain! They score every time it's a shot on goal now! Direct fk. Good one, but shouldn't score with that placement. Keeper rooted to the line.

Why is it still Great Britain in the Olympics? Why not Ingerlund and Wales and the likes?

I SO want Katarina Johnson Thompson to win Gold tonight. We saw her in the first Heptathlon heats at London 2012 and have watched out for her ever since. Come on KJT!

In a way we are in perfect agreement. You said "potentially" more dangerous one way, I said arguably more dangerous the other way. We can't actually know for sure.

What I think is quite clear is that bullying, cyber bullying, abuse etc based on gender, sex etc causes real and lasting real world harm to many people around the world.

It's impossible to quantify the damage done to people by this latest outpouring of hate and abuse at intersex people and trans people. The bullying and abuse it has lead to through further normalising this kind of language. Being the target of this kind of hate even indirectly as an intersex person, a trans person or even just a cis person self conscious about their appearance isn't a pleasant experience.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the harm of that is greater than the potential harm of her participating. (And again, imo we still don't know if she's actually intersex). But we can't actually know for sure.

Not aimed at anyone on here. But the online brick bags who spout abuse seemingly entirely uncaring about the harm they're causing while claiming to care about other people's safety can absolutely 100% fudge right off.

I agree that intersex and trans people in elite sport is a conundrum. I don't have all the answers. But I do know that whatever is being said by biggots using that as a wedge issue to spread their hate about trans people are not the people worth listening to on that issue. And there's quite a lot of them around online. Again, definitely not aimed at anyone here.

I’m really not trying to diminish the harm that cyber bullying and real life bullying does to a person, but I personally would put that below safety and integrity of sport, especially in combat sports like boxing. We’ve seen female athletes on UFC get their skills fractured and female athletes in swimming lose to trans athletes by ridiculous margins and were expected to go along with it like it’s perfectly fair and normal. I don’t doubt that many people who have criticised Khelif and various trans athletes don’t really care about women’s sport, but that’s not the case for everyone, some of us just want fairness in sport but you get accusations of people saying “you never cared about women’s sport until a trans/intersex person got involved”. I saw that the boxer who withdrew against Khelif has withdrawn her criticism against her has done a u-turn. Good for her if it was genuine, but I hope she did it for genuine reasons and not because she was worried about a backlash that would come from criticising her as we’ve seen many female athletes have been called “transphobic” for saying it’s unfair for trans people to compete against women.

Yep best ever apparently. Not sure why to be honest -- we've always been strong in the pool, but it seems like our athletics program has improved a lot in past 10 years or so. I guess it probably all comes down to funding.

Probably funding, you have the games in 2032 right. Most countries step up funding years in advance of hosting so they can have a good games.

Great skill on show but looks really out of place

One of the most in demand events for the whole place apparently, I think it's cool having newer events that are likely more attractive to the younger generation. Really enjoyed BMX, Skateboarding, Surfing etc.

Also anyone see the climbing, insane skill for the gold. Can't imagine how people can hold on to those things. Plus he's from near my home town as an added bonus. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/videos/czx6v076k60o

I’m really not trying to diminish the harm that cyber bullying and real life bullying does to a person, but I personally would put that below safety and integrity of sport, especially in combat sports like boxing. We’ve seen female athletes on UFC get their skills fractured and female athletes in swimming lose to trans athletes by ridiculous margins and were expected to go along with it like it’s perfectly fair and normal. I don’t doubt that many people who have criticised Khelif and various trans athletes don’t really care about women’s sport, but that’s not the case for everyone, some of us just want fairness in sport but you get accusations of people saying “you never cared about women’s sport until a trans/intersex person got involved”. I saw that the boxer who withdrew against Khelif has withdrawn her criticism against her has done a u-turn. Good for her if it was genuine, but I hope she did it for genuine reasons and not because she was worried about a backlash that would come from criticising her as we’ve seen many female athletes have been called “transphobic” for saying it’s unfair for trans people to compete against women.
Some of the swimming in the 70s and 80s with Eastern Germany was mental. Everyone knew but everyone was scared it seemed.

Why is it still Great Britain in the Olympics? Why not Ingerlund and Wales and the likes?
Because it’s multi sport and the federations here run across countries
It’s why football isn’t represented
Only times it’s really separate is the commonwealth games

Doesn’t surprise me
Were a private school town with about 14 schools here
The focus on sports is constant
My kids swim at two of the schools and the photos on the walls are of the teams and people who have been there before
They also have massive post normal school day programmes and Saturdays too
The time is commuted to it as it’s a huge part of the drive for better or more
My kids school has a great eduction programme but the sport side is toss
Ash Neville who plays for spurs offered to do some coaching at the school (her kids go there with mind and swim with them too).. she is a qualified teacher too
School said no. We will buy in a local team of coaches for other sports. My son is going golf at 7!!! He enjoys it but thought it was like crazy golf
It’s all wrong because of how the school is measured and funded IMO

How underwhelming has the Olympics been? But to be honest, I have not taken much interest since 'that' men's 100 meter final when it eventuated that all 8 finalist were drug cheats

Back