• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Anyone watch Helix? Another attempt by SyFy to do something "original". About nine episodes in and I've already seen every scifi/thriller/horror cliche done several times, but it's actually quite enjoyable. You really want to find out what the hell is going on.

On another note: Archer renewed for two more seasons and Trailer Park Boys back on Netflix with two (or three?) movies and two more seasons in the works. \o/

yeah i had heard that - just going to be a collection of mini series i guess. worked well, too often you see series get dragged out as the studios try to flog a dead horse but the creator of this series apparently has been quite adamant that he retains 100% control - which is good to see.

are you watching it at US pace?

yeah i had heard that - just going to be a collection of mini series i guess. worked well, too often you see series get dragged out as the studios try to flog a dead horse but the creator of this series apparently has been quite adamant that he retains 100% control - which is good to see.

are you watching it at US pace?

That's another good thing about HBO, only 8-12 episodes per season and the creators get far more control than they would with the regular networks, Larry David is a fine example, basically works when he wants to.

No, I'm watching it on Sky Atlantic. I'm tempted to skip ahead though.

well IMO id say that it would be better watched at your own pace - two/three episodes at a time or whatever. not trying to give anything away but i think id have much preferred to watch it that way (rather than every week like i have done) - not just because it's a nightmare waiting a week - i believe it would play out better without the long waits inbetween.

i'll probably do that in a month or two

well IMO id say that it would be better watched at your own pace - two/three episodes at a time or whatever. not trying to give anything away but i think id have much preferred to watch it that way (rather than every week like i have done) - not just because it's a nightmare waiting a week - i believe it would play out better without the long waits inbetween.

i'll probably do that in a month or two

Me and the Mrs series link and we will watch a whole series in 2 or 3 days. 24 episode seasons do my nut in, as does taking a break ones like the blacklist where they have a two month break.

We feel you get more engrossed into the storyline. I quite like the anticipation too, waiting knowing its there.

Half way through season 2 of Fringe. Enjoying the show, it's not a 10/10, or a 9/10 but perhaps an 8/10.

I like the characters and appreciate the way that the show is developing even if some of it does feel formulaic. Always a case of the first 5 minutes bringing a weird and usually horrific case to the fore. Then the team struggle for a solution before Walter remembers an experiment/science lesson/family member from the past and this gives him a solution. He will make a quip about food or bodily functions, often in the scene with a lot of gore. Then it leads on to a continuing storyline of the moment which will be investigated further throughout the next few episodes.

The 'previously' part, at the start of the episode, is used to give us a heads up as to the main characters or story line of the episode before it starts. The show itself is sometimes so blindingly obvious that it's a little irritating.

There is an episode featuring an individual with psychic ability that telegraphs what's happening so early on that it's cringe worthy that it continues to head down wrong tracks for a while.

Walking dead is a little slow this season, gone back to lots of wanderings around the place, personally I like the idea of trying to rebuild community's after a apocalyptic event.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

I just got all of true detective

so it better be good

You're in for a treat. ;) Edit - I don't get the "rating system" on here - you're Steffen Iversen on almost 10k posts? Damn, how many do you need to get to Glenn Hoddle?

Walking dead is a little slow this season, gone back to lots of wanderings around the place, personally I like the idea of trying to rebuild community's after a apocalyptic event.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

i am with you on this..

You're in for a treat. ;) Edit - I don't get the "rating system" on here - you're Steffen Iversen on almost 10k posts? Damn, how many do you need to get to Glenn Hoddle?

Not sure about the rating system then again I barely noticed it till now.

As for TD - it better be ****in good or im personally coming round yours with an axe.

True detective first episode for me - very very very similar to Hannibal. From the first scene it was apparent.

final episode of True Detective - WOW what a series!

Absolutely brilliant.

Some of the very best writing I have enjoyed on US TV for a long long time (The Killing doesn't quite count for me because it has Danish roots)…the character development here has been fantastic.

Back