• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Looks like our friendly on thursday is no longer on espn live, as my epg for thursday shows Liverpools europa leage qualify live and us only shown as delayed full match coverage at 8.30 on friday morning. (On Virgin media epg anyway!) so looks like will be looking for a river come thursday night!

Looks like our friendly on thursday is no longer on espn live, as my epg for thursday shows Liverpools europa leage qualify live and us only shown as delayed full match coverage at 8.30 on friday morning. (On Virgin media epg anyway!) so looks like will be looking for a river come thursday night!

Yes correct. We've been kicked off the live slot so they can have a w#nkfest over another European night at Anfield!

Its on Spurs TV though

Brighton & Hove A. 3 - 1 Chelsea
Ipswich T. 3 - 1 West Ham U.
Nottingham F. 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Sheffield W. 1 - 0 West Bromwich A.
Southampton 2 - 0 Wolverhampton W.
Bournemouth 2 - 2 Reading

Brighton & Hove A. 3 - 1 Chelsea
Ipswich T. 3 - 1 West Ham U.
Nottingham F. 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Sheffield W. 1 - 0 West Bromwich A.
Southampton 2 - 0 Wolverhampton W.
Bournemouth 2 - 2 Reading

Be An interesting one to watch.. Wonder who played for them..

Be An interesting one to watch.. Wonder who played for them..

Chelsea starting lineup:

Today's team in full:

1.Petr Cech
2.Branislav Ivanovic
3.Ashley Cole
5.Michael Essien
7.Ramires
8.Frank Lampard
9.Fernando Torres
16.Raul Meireles
17.Eden Hazard
24.Gary Cahill
26.John Terry (c)

Not to far away from their starting 11 imo - only missing Mata and Oscar

Team: Cech; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Cole; Essien, Ramires, Lampard, Meireles, Hazard; Torres.

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Luiz, Mikel, Lukaku, Ferreira, Hutchinson, Benayoun, Piazon

If I see another press conference where RDM says its all good, I'm going to smash something.

It's easy to say don't get carried away but the simple facts are that pre-season has now finished. I don't think we played well at all, not one game and now we are at the end and players look they are ready to retire never mind ready for a new season.

Torres looked like he was fuming when RDM pulled him off the field, Hazard hardly broke sweat, the defence was as static as my sofa and nobody looked like they had a clue what was going on....all this against a Championship side that cut us wide open every single time.

Absolutely appalling.

Wow...really poor pre-season....I'm worried about the City Match

Shocking! But it´s only pre-season and I still think, we can win PL...

I just hope this is about fitness and nothing else. But then I dunno how players increase fitness levels when they just stand around :s RDM I hope you know what your doing

Horrible and pathetic from everybody. Worried about next Sunday.

Hazard looks awful....

Move Luiz to defensive midfield already, he's too unfocused as a central defender.

Not saying a thing until we've played Watford tomorrow...

The players have only done a couple of days of training since coming back, so I don't think we're going to see that much of difference tactically to our previous matches. It's still about fitness.

Thing is we all know pre season means absolutely nothing. Teams have awful pre seasons and are fine come the start of the league, and Spurs are a good example of the visa versa being true. We must have a great pre season tournament trophy collection!

I like the fact Di Matteo sounds like he hasn't got a clue. They need to be in the title chase from the first game or we'll see a lot of discontent players.

Get in.. MatchDay finally, its come around again. Off to Watford in 30 mins, my GHod its dragged a little since the Fulham game.
Lovely sunshine up'in North right now. Heard its not too clever down South. Cant have it all. Hoping to see something more towards our first X1 starting today

Thing is we all know pre season means absolutely nothing. Teams have awful pre seasons and are fine come the start of the league, and Spurs are a good example of the visa versa being true. We must have a great pre season tournament trophy collection!

Yep. It never ceases to amaze me the optimism and despair that some fans base their expectations on with regards to meaningless pre-season games.

Back