• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

Andre Villas-Boas was delighted with the 'positive signs' from our tour of the USA.

The squad touched down at Heathrow in the early hours of Wednesday morning and returned to training today (Friday, August 3), ahead of the next pre-season friendly against Watford on Sunday.

The players came through three tough friendlies in America, drawing 1-1 against LA Galaxy, 0-0 against Liverpool in the afternoon heat of Baltimore and then beating New York Red Bulls 2-1 to lift the Barclays New York Cup on Tuesday.

There were also plenty of training sessions, interaction with supporters, coaching clinics and events - all in all, a successful tour.

“It’s been a fantastic 10 days for us,” said Andre after the final match in New York.

“Everyone has been so committed to the preparation and fitness. We’ve had good signs from this tour.

“All the of the games have had positive signs.

“It’s not the results that will change our perspective. We had good things and poor things in every match, but the process is evolution and that’s what we have to dedicate ourselves to when we get back to England.”

Spurs fans intending to travel to Vicarage Road for Sunday’s friendly - Lloyd Doyley’s Testimonial, kick-off 3pm - are reminded that tickets can be purchased from our Ticket Office, Park Lane, between 9.30am-5pm today.

Tickets prices are: £15 (Adults), £10 (Over 65 and 16-19 Yrs), £5 (Under 16).

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/usa-tour-a-success-for-andre-03082012.page

imagefromurl

Rafa spending the day at the Olympics.

Walker admits tough summer

Full-back was gutted to miss Euro 2012 and Olympics due to injury

Last Updated: August 3, 2012 8:48am

The Tottenham Hotspur full-back was ruled out of England's European Championship campaign due to a broken toe and he failed to recover in time to be included in Team GB's squad for the Olympics.

He concedes it was hard to watch England reach the quarter-finals without him, but is hoping he will have plenty more opportunities to feature on the international stage in the future.

"It has not been the easiest of summers," said Walker in the Daily Star. "It was horrible watching the Euros.

Unfortunate

"I had to watch it at home and it was hard as I really wanted to be out there.

"It was unfortunate the injury came when it did. I felt my form was good and I felt fit and fresh, but sometimes things happen for a reason.

"It makes you want it even more when something like that is taken away from you.

"I'm still young enough to play in several major tournaments, but you can't take things for granted. That's why I was so gutted to miss out."

Walker suffered another injury scare earlier in pre-season when twisting an ankle in the friendly against LA Galaxy, but he is eagerly anticipating the new campaign under Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.

He added: "I'm looking forward to new season. It's a new manager and we have to impress him. We all start from scratch."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7959133/Walker-admits-tough-summer

AVB admits to Bale gamble

Boss says injuries to Van der Vaart and Walker are not serious

Last Updated: July 25, 2012 9:04am

Bale was a surprise inclusion in the Spurs side which opened their US tour in Los Angeles after being ruled out of contention for a place in the Team GB squad with a back injury.

He was, however, on target as Tottenham played out a 1-1 draw with the Galaxy.

Villas-Boas admits starting the Welsh winger was a gamble, but he is keen to get Bale as much playing time as possible ahead of the 2012/13 Premier League campaign.

"He came back to us during this week," said Villas-Boas.

"He was on alert for us to control the amount of effort that he put in. Gareth is, of course, young and physically a beast, so he was able to put in the effort and we extended that because we want him to complete a certain amount of minutes before we start the season.

"You could say that we took a risk. Ten minutes into the game he was stretching himself, so he was feeling a little bit of muscle tightness but that was controllable.

"I just welcome his recovery, that's the most important thing for me. To have a player of this dimension available is fantastic."

Knocks

While the return of Bale is an undoubted boost to Tottenham's pre-season plans, the sight of Van der Vaart and Walker hobbling off has offered cause for concern.

Villas-Boas is, however, confident that both men will soon be back in contention.

"I think we are looking at three or four days for both, hopefully," he said.

"Reassessment is always important and I wouldn't like to extend myself without the full knowledge of both injuries.

"But Van der Vaart felt during the week a tightness in his adductor and Kyle twisted slightly his ankle. I think both in three or four days should be back."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7931367/AVB-admits-to-Bale-gamble

Where did you hear that?

One of the papers, can't remember which.

Someone on SC posted that they met Azza yesterday(they posted a pic for proof) and he'd said he hasn't seen Luka since last season. Also said he expects Ade to sign.

One of the papers, can't remember which.

Someone on SC posted that they met Azza yesterday(they posted a pic for proof) and he'd said he hasn't seen Luka since last season. Also said he expects Ade to sign.

Not surprising since Luka only went in once before the rest left for the US and today is the first training since coming back.

Hope we start our best 11 players against Watford today. With only 2 weeks to go before the new season starts, I think all the first team players need to gel with each other. There is no point playing youngsters and fringe players so close to the season. With mix and match teams so far, really not sure if we are ready for the new season. Let's hope AVB has made his mind about his first 11.

Back