• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Hope swansea lose the final after this. Hoping the league fine them too ala wolves and Blackpool. Really not on that they'd do this, also a bit scummy for Liverpool to arrange this match for this date knowing full well that swanC would be resting "a few"

Hope swansea lose the final after this. Hoping the league fine them too ala wolves and Blackpool. Really not on that they'd do this, also a bit scummy for Liverpool to arrange this match for this date knowing full well that swanC would be resting "a few"

What is the deal with this? Can a team arrange a match. I thought it was done to the FA to decide the fixtures and dates.

If this is true, then why didnt we play this weekend? Considering that us and west ham dont have the FA cup to worry about it.

Why? Swansea do what is best for Swansea, not what is best for the league or other teams.

Why? Swansea do what is best for Swansea, not what is best for the league or other teams.

So, after the season is finished and Liverpool finish a point ahead of Everton (Or even us) because of this game, would you agree?
Do you think that Swansea really NEED to rest players?

So, after the season is finished and Liverpool finish a point ahead of Everton (Or even us) because of this game, would you agree?
Do you think that Swansea really NEED to rest players?

Yes I would because Laudrup and the rest of the Swansea staff shouldn't give a flying fudge what happens to us or Everton. If they win the carling cup final, helped by the fact that their players are fully rested and finish midtable, that will have been a hugely successful season for them. If they lose the carling cup final, they won't care about this match because they're not getting relegated and they're not finishing in the top 5. They'll still finish midtable.

Whether or not I think Swansea need to rest players is inconsequential. Laudrup thinks that they need to rest players and he is the manager.

Also, if we let yet another 10 point gap slip (and this time to an inferior team to last season's Arsenal), with a game in hand as well, I would take the players out and shoot them. It would be beyond pathetic and I wouldn't blame it even one bit on Swansea.

They can't get fined the rule was changed a little while ago as it was a ridiculous rule which totally negated the point of having a 25 man squad.
Although I think resting them won't help as 2 weeks without a game could have a negative effect in terms of match fitness/sharpness.

Whoop de doo ! Liverpool fans will be claiming they are *world champions* after this performance !

The FIRST time Liverpool will have beaten a TOP 10 side this season...:ross:

fudge Swansea. Not because I think Liverpool will finish above us but because its ridiculous to feel the need to rest that many players SEVEN DAYS before their next match.

Why did Swansea even bother making the trip?

Rodgers moaned about the game being moved to this date a few days ago. I think he is quite happy about it now.

Swansea have basically given 'pool 3 free points. I understand why they rested players but it doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Back