• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: This season's 'must have' for all discerning Geordies

If a Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd fan bought a £49.99 shirt with a 30 day Wonga loan (their new sponsor) it would cost then £71.92.

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Why didn't Muslim Council of Britain pipe up when we announced a deal with Virgin Money?

INTERNATIONAL ROUND-UP

We've 14 senior players and a number of youngsters on international duty over the next week.

Most of the players are in World Cup qualifying action for their countries with matches this Friday and then Tuesday next week, October 16.

First up, Academy youngsters Dominic Ball and Aaron McEneff are in the Northern Ireland Under-19 squad for the qualifying round of the European U19 Championship. They face Czech Republic, Serbia and Moldova in Northern Ireland with the top two making into the Elite qualifying round.

Milos Veljkovic is also in the qualifying tournament with Serbia (against Turkey, Lithuania and Denmark) and Kenneth McEvoy with the Republic of Ireland (against Luxembourg, Macedonia and Germany).

Sandro is our first senior international in action with a friendly for Brazil against Iraq in the Maracana on Thursday night. Brazil then play Japan on Tuesday, October 16.

World Cup qualifiers get underway on Friday. Aaron Lennon is back in the England squad alongside Jermain Defoe and Kyle Walker to face San Marino at Wembley. England then travel to Poland on Tuesday.

Gareth Bale faces a home nation cracker for Wales against Scotland in Cardiff on Friday before travelling to Croatia on Tuesday.

Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen are with the Belgian squad for the trip to Serbia on Friday before facing Scotland at home on Tuesday.

Gylfi Sigurdsson
travels to Albania with Iceland on Friday before a home match against Switzerland on Tuesday.

Further afield, Clint Dempsey continues the qualifying process with the USA with matches against Antigua & Barbuda in the Caribbean on Friday before facing Guatemala in Miami on Tuesday.

Also on Friday, Hugo Lloris faces Japan in a friendly and Jordan Archer kicks-off in the Marbella Cup with Scotland taking on USA and then Canada on Monday.

Hugo then has arguably the fixture of this latest round of qualifiers when France travel to World and European champions Spain on Tuesday.

On Sunday, Emmanuel Adebayor's Togo take on Gabon in the second leg of their play-off for a place in next year's African Cup of Nations. It's finely poised at 1-1 - Ade on target in that first leg last month.

I fudging hope Togo lose.

Without Ade we have a rather unbalanced strike-force but hopefully by the time the cup of nations comes about Clint will have found his feet so it wouldn't be a disaster...

Without Ade we have a rather unbalanced strike-force but hopefully by the time the cup of nations comes about Clint will have found his feet so it wouldn't be a disaster...
I still hope they lose. Is Dempsey an alternative to Ade?

I still hope they lose. Is Dempsey an alternative to Ade?

I think so, I've seen him play up top alone for Fulham and he's been a threat. Defoe's been doing boss but it only takes a minor injury or a drop in form and we'll be struggling if Ade does go away with togo

even better, none of this will matter because we will have either Damiao or Llorente as our shiny new striker in Jan 8-[

Just watched Spain U21 comfortably beat 5-0 Denmark U21 to see what the fuss with Isco is all about and I definately wasn't dissapointed.

He played as the most advanced in a midfield three, but often came deep to collect the ball. His movement was excellent and he constantly seeked to be involved in the build up play. He scored the 5-0 goal from a penalty won by himself. Besides that he played some lovely accurate passes including an assist, a brilliant through ball between the two danish centre backs. He has quick feet (as most spanish players) but doen't look pacey, so I think he's better suited in a central role, but have watched him earlier where he was cutting in from the left.
As an attacking midfielder he's more like Modric rather than VdV, if you get my point.

I know it's not the premier league, but he just looks such a natural gifted footballer and I think he will go on to be world class. Imagine Isco could've been bought for the samme price as Sigurdsson + Dempsey. Really hope the ship hasn't sailed on Isco and will look forward to watch Malaga soon.

Honourable mention to Rodrigo, who showed some clinical finishing banging 4 goals including a hattrick in just 6 minutes.

Yep Malaga have a future world class player in Isco.

even better, none of this will matter because we will have either Damiao or Llorente as our shiny new striker in Jan 8-[

I like Llorente. Surprised nobody bought him last window and recent reported bust-up with management. Out of contract in summer, I believe.

Sandro was a used sub in Brazil's 6-0 win against Iraq in Sweden today.

Back