• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Aston Villa are fudging pony! It's basically free money betting against them.

There is a rot at that club. There seems to be systemic attitude and culture of under-achievement and entitlement. I actually think relegation would be a long-term saviour for them as they need to root & branch change their cub. Shocking attitude.

there are more areas where Tottenham and West Ham fans are the two largest supported sides than there is Arsenal/West Ham. East London, out towards Essex and parts of Kent for example.

it's the same with Chelsea really - why the rivalry with them? they are further from Spurs than West Ham and it was there long before they were a successful club, it was born on the terraces/in the areas where the supporters mixed same as with West Ham

That's true but we also have a long history with Chelsea. We played them in an all London FA Cup final in the 60s. We were in a relegation battle with them in the 70s, but we stayed up and they went down. There have been plenty of historic matches between the two clubs.

There isn't any such history with West Ham to my knowledge. I wasn't even aware that they didn't like us until about 10 years ago. Always grew up with Arsenal and Chelsea being our blood rivals.

And I'm sorry, but a rivalry is affected by where the two respective teams are in the league. In West Ham's case, they haven't even been in the same league as us in some years. You'll probably come back and say Arsenal were miles better than us for most of the last 20 years, but we've always been in the same league as them. West Ham haven't won anything for over 30 years!

There is a rot at that club. There seems to be systemic attitude and culture of under-achievement and entitlement. I actually think relegation would be a long-term saviour for them as they need to root & branch change their cub. Shocking attitude.

That makes sense. All football fans are fickle, they but they really do take the tinkle! Look at their attendance figures and how they've dropped in recent years.

Im not telling you that you have to have any feeling one way or the other with regards to West Ham - just saying there is a genuine rivalry between us and them, it may not be the same as Chelsea and Arsenal to many fans but to others it is. the games you mention with Chelsea all meant that much more because there was already a local rivalry in place, the rivalry wasn't born out of those games.

i suppose the word 'rivalry' is where it gets a little complicated, thinking about it - rivalry would imply competition - which there isn't really much of with West Ham, I'll agree.

Last edited:

That makes sense. All football fans are fickle, they but they really do take the tinkle! Look at their attendance figures and how they've dropped in recent years.

They were getting very disenchanted with football under MON, despite the results. His style of play lost the fans and his atrocious record in the transfer market almost ruined the club. Loads of very average players on ridiculous wages and many of them hardly ever got to play as he stuck with the same XI all season, causing them to run out of steam. Then came the disaster known as McLeish...

Two assists for VDV for Hamburg vs. Dortmund. Hamburg 3-2 up with 3mins left .

Edit: They just won it . 1st time Dortmund have lost in 31 matches!!!

Got an assist last week too. Hamburg got an absolute bargain at £10m!!

Anyone else got the same feeling that L'Arse are going to win at the Etihad tomorrow?

Can't shake that feeling of 3-2 to the scum.. :~

Anyone else got the same feeling that L'Arse are going to win at the Etihad tomorrow?

They're in good form, we've not played well since the Community Shield and very rarely play well against Arsenal. Not looking forward to it at all.

They were getting very disenchanted with football under MON, despite the results. His style of play lost the fans and his atrocious record in the transfer market almost ruined the club. Loads of very average players on ridiculous wages and many of them hardly ever got to play as he stuck with the same XI all season, causing them to run out of steam. Then came the disaster known as McLeish...

In all my years watching football, I don't think I've ever being excited about the prospect of watching an Aston Villa game. I don't even dislike them, they're just drab.

I've got Emirates Marketing Project, United and Blackpool in my accumulator (the other 3 teams I had all won) and I too have a horrible feeling that either United or Emirates Marketing Project are going to fudge it up for me.

In a way it's good that Emirates Marketing Project play after United. Either they have to win as a result of United winning, or they are buoyed by United failing to win and hopefully beat Arsenal.

I've got Emirates Marketing Project, United and Blackpool in my accumulator (the other 3 teams I had all won) and I too have a horrible feeling that either United or Emirates Marketing Project are going to fudge it up for me.

What odds do you have in your accumulator?

They always come undone for me on the last leg which is usually the safest bet of the whole accumulator.

Idk that's a hard one to call but I wouldn't bet against City at home. But still, for some reason City under Mancini can be either brilliant at times, or extremely shaky and unproductive. It's strange.

I bet United ruin it, they are always terrible when they play at Anfield.

I'm sorry please just let today be about football sky.

So Man Utd drop the De Gea, the most expensive goalkeeper in british history, for one of the biggest games of the season...

Surely we will now see british and media ask SAF questions about De Gea being unsettled, De Gea regretting coming here etc...

But no - this is Man Utd, so an other agenda for them

How can Neville stand there and say that this derby hurts the most if you lose. I hope he means for the players cos he knows fudge all about the north London derby and how much that hurts.

Back