• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Music Thread ***

Having a morning browsing pearl jam/eddie vedder stuff.

This is just magical to me;

[video=youtube;-b33vOZKcS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b33vOZKcS0&feature=related[/video]

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was awesome, my sis went to see him in Worcester, at the guild hall, said he was immense. Think I must have been travelling at the time as otherwise I would have gone to.

The soundtrack really made that film for me.

Not everyones cup of chi, but fills my qi with glee.

the futureheads, the walkmen, t-rex, unkle and cybotron the only thing getting me through work today. qualitay!

For any bastard lucky enough to be in the area, Tommy Stinson of The Replacements/Soul Asylum/Guns N' Roses fame will be busking in London today before GNR's show at the O2. Last night they had ex-Gunner Izzy Stradlin join them on the stage, in 2010 it was Duff McKagan and in 2006 Izzy again. Damn you getting all the fun :x

Tommy Stinson ‏@tommy_stinson
Looks like a perfect day for a bit of busking! Outside Cutty Sark DLR station. 4pmish Then a pint and some more songs at the Admiral Hardy?

[video=youtube;iXeyhLXs-NM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXeyhLXs-NM[/video]

[video=youtube;l_uh8XjgLTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uh8XjgLTE&ob=av2e[/video]

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies.

A thing of beauty.

True be.

I had Sap as a ltd edition CD on it's own, probably like AIC the most of the grunge bands in 91-93, Pearl Jam close second. Got the pair Sap/Jar Of Flies somewhere, will dig it out and have a listen again.

Saw AIC supporting Megadeth in 91 (?) when they were touring Facelift, then had tickets to see them at Rock City Nottingham on their Dirt tour but had a row with my misses and didn't go. what-a-plum! They were rocking live.

[video=youtube;XTb9GNIxpMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTb9GNIxpMk&feature=relmfu[/video]

Melts me...

[video=youtube;_4BObpNQqNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4BObpNQqNo[/video]

Last edited:
For any bastard lucky enough to be in the area, Tommy Stinson of The Replacements/Soul Asylum/Guns N' Roses fame will be busking in London today before GNR's show at the O2. Last night they had ex-Gunner Izzy Stradlin join them on the stage, in 2010 it was Duff McKagan and in 2006 Izzy again. Damn you getting all the fun :x

Tommy Stinson ‏@tommy_stinson
Looks like a perfect day for a bit of busking! Outside Cutty Sark DLR station. 4pmish Then a pint and some more songs at the Admiral Hardy?

I was at the GnR' gig at the O2 last night and also saw their gig at Hammersmith Apollo in 2006. Axl' voice lacked the impact it had 6 years ago and it was only towards the end of the set when he really showed his full vocal range. Was good to see Izzy back on stage with Axl for the first time in 14 years though, Sebastian Bach was the special guest for their 2006 tour.

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies.

A thing of beauty.

True be.

I had Sap as a ltd edition CD on it's own, probably like AIC the most of the grunge bands in 91-93, Pearl Jam close second. Got the pair Sap/Jar Of Flies somewhere, will dig it out and have a listen again.

Saw AIC supporting Megadeth in 91 (?) when they were touring Facelift, then had tickets to see them at Rock City Nottingham on their Dirt tour but had a row with my misses and didn't go. what-a-plum! They were rocking live.

Alice in Chains were my favourite grunge band too. Sadly I never got to see them perform live back in their heyday but did finally get to see them at Kentish Town Forum back in 2009 and whilst they would never be the same without Layne the new lead singer does sound very similar.

Also got to see another of my favourite grunge acts the Stone Temple Pilots at Brixton Academy in 2010 and was impressed with how well Scott Weiland performed considering all the drugs he has abused over the years!

Hoping to see Soundgarden in Hyde Park in July too.

True be.

O:) i have that Sap/JoF double CD as well. was fortunate enough to see them at Brixton in 93'. the most melodic of the grunge movement by far.

saw eddie and the gang at rock city in 91. his performance of alive was unbelievable. crazy bastard walked out in the crowd after the show and got mobbed.

Alice in Chains were my favourite grunge band too. Sadly I never got to see them perform live back in their heyday but did finally get to see them at Kentish Town Forum back in 2009 and whilst they would never be the same without Layne the new lead singer does sound very similar.

Also got to see another of my favourite grunge acts the Stone Temple Pilots at Brixton Academy in 2010 and was impressed with how well Scott Weiland performed considering all the drugs he has abused over the years!

AiC in full flight was a sight to behold. only managed to see them once in 93' but they were awesome. very intense.

although i own the STP albums, am not a big fan. i think they played Brixton in 94' but i didn't get to go.

saw Soundgarden open for GnR at Wembley in 92' together with Faith No More. not a fan of big venues and evening performances but it was nonetheless a good set. and eh, Axl is a certified taco. ;)

[video=youtube;XTb9GNIxpMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTb9GNIxpMk&feature=relmfu[/video]

Melts me...

[video=youtube;_4BObpNQqNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4BObpNQqNo[/video]

the thing about pearl jam is that their shows are such good value. i love that they radically alter their setlist every time. and eddie with that bottle of wine on stage is so mellow and suddenly he becomes so intense when he sings. great, great band.

Saw STP at Reading 93 (?) maybe it was 92 can't recall, they were OK from memory though I wasn't really a fan, loved Soundgarden but they were the poorest of the grunge bands live (for me), saw them at the institute in brum on the badmotorfinger tour (Corrosion Of Conformity supported them, were good, loved 'Vote With A Bullet').

Saw L7 there as well (the institute), they were rockin', not so good on an open air stage at reading though.

Last edited:
AiC in full flight was a sight to behold. only managed to see them once in 93' but they were awesome. very intense.

although i own the STP albums, am not a big fan. i think they played Brixton in 94' but i didn't get to go.

saw Soundgarden open for GnR at Wembley in 92' together with Faith No More. not a fan of big venues and evening performances but it was nonetheless a good set. and eh, Axl is a certified taco. ;)

Also saw GnR at Wembley in 91, they had Skid Row and Nine Inch Nails in support, would MUCH rather have had Soundgarden and Faith No More (who back then were one of my favourite bands, never got to see them live, but 'You Fat Bastards - Live From Brixton Academy' was a classic!).

O:) i have that Sap/JoF double CD as well. was fortunate enough to see them at Brixton in 93'. the most melodic of the grunge movement by far.

saw eddie and the gang at rock city in 91. his performance of alive was unbelievable. crazy bastard walked out in the crowd after the show and got mobbed.

Must have been their first full UK tour (PJ, they played two demo gigs first), saw them on that tour as well at Edwards No8 in Birmingham, it only had a 350 capacity, my mate still has the setlist paper she got after, was EPIC. They got slated for playing such small venues I recall, but they just went huge between booking them and coming over.

I actually had the SAP/JOF on double tape, those were the days! I had SAP on Ltd edition CD, but between that and the JOF release I had gone back to tapes as I had an argument with my mum and sister because neither of them would lend me ?ú10 to go and see NoMeansNo and it morphed into an argument over materialism, so to ''show them' that I wasn't a materialist I threw my CD player out my bedroom window and smashed it up! That showed them!!! What-a-plum!

Neither of them lent me the money though, so I missed the gig :|

how have i only just heard of The Black Keys ?

been listening to Brother the last couple of days, what an album - are the older ones worth getting ?

Back