• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Totally agree. Perhaps I went with too much expectation due to my love for the Alien films

if anything my love for the originals is stopping me from hating this one too much - if it was a stand alone sci fi movie i reckon it'd be getting panned across the board (aside from the visuals)

Agreed Paxton.

As a stand alone film I liked it a lot, it was very good sci fi but in terms offs standing in the Alien franchise some things just didn't click for me.

Loved it.

Watched it in the front row and some of the 3D made me moist

Hope he makes some more.

Bring on the Dark Knight now

This. And Skyfall in October

Caught some trailers
The Sweeney. Not sure if I can see Winstone doing the John Thaw role

Neighbourhood Watch looks funny

Bourne Legacy looks good

Don't understand anyone who would watch something like that. The best thing about Prometheus is how amazing it is visually; if you're going to watch it, go to the cinema.

I find it strange how cheap some people are when it comes to the cinema... a lot of people complain about having to a pay a tenner, but I'm sure have no problem with spending more than that on 3 pints down the pub.

I generally go to local multiplex on Wednesdays to make use of the Orange 2for1 offer, so it only costs me ?ú4.65 to see most movies as I rarely buy any of their overpriced food and drink.

There's also a great indie cinema not too far from me which I try and go to when I can get tickets but it's so popular most of the movies I want to see sell out weeks in advance http://therexberkhamsted.com/ A shame that more towns don't re-open their old cinemas like this really, the old Odeon in my town has laid empty for over a decade now.

If there was a Cineworld in my town I'd get an Unlimited Card and watch as many movies as I could for my ?ú15/month.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;xIuvYPw0Xpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuvYPw0Xpo[/video]

This is class

Agreed...I loved this film...the final shot is just fantastic, very very moving...this doesn't show enough of that final scene though! Cuts it off!

Last edited:
prometheus 3d is incredible. its a shame only avatar and this have made 3d worth the effort ( and Up of course but CGI dosnt count ). No chance of an imax ticket, sold out until infinity.

been ill all jubilee wekeend, watched alot of films at home and at the cinema. Bobby Fischer V The World, Jaws 3, Terminator, Rat Race, Prometheus, Moonrise Kingdom (awesome!) and home alone 3 last night. awful.

One thing that interests me with this one is that apparently it runs (time wise) parallel to the Bourne films already released.

Another boring script milked to death - pretty boy hero dodges bullets for 2 hours and goes on to fudge up the whole world with one hand tied behind his back. What more could they possibly add to what was originally 1 book (i.e. 1 movie) which was stretched into a classic money-making qunting 'trilogy'?

That's an odd but good mix of films there Howie, Jaws 3 the one set at SeaWorld? utter disgrace of a film!

ha! the superimposed dolphin freezeframe at the end was worth the wait. its like they didnt film an ending, so made a little collage like in gcse art with people highfiving a badly scaled cut out of a dolphin.

as for home alone 3... wheres the pain? all through the first 2 I still go owww when Daniel Stern gets nailed by an iron to the face, or in the sequel a brick to the face. or a staplegun to the nose. in 3, hes just a little techy brick with too many monologues for a 4 year old. shut your yap, make with the iron bar to the nuts.

oh and prestige was on last night. friggin love that movie

The Prestige is a fantastic film!

Best thing about Jaws 3 is the dodgy 3D effects, they didn't change them for the TV/home release version of the film so you see some right dodgy crap where it was 3D in the theaters! absolute hilarity!

Home Alone 3 is rubbish, 1&2 are so good, great Xmas movies.

Aaah, The Prestige :)

Remember a massive debate on here back in the day about the movie being the actual 'prestige'

its got many levels. i was working on a well known magic show recently as it goes, I learned 3 tricks, or at least I could tell you how to do them. I couldnt convince a crowd, thats next level brick

Back