• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched American Pie: Reunion and The Avengers over the past few days, enjoyed both.

Avengers was awesome, they nailed that baby!

Watched American Pie: Reunion and The Avengers over the past few days, enjoyed both.

Avengers was awesome, they nailed that baby!

I thought Avengers was quality too, tempted to watch it again at a Digital IMAX screen!

Reunion was better than I thought, an amusing look at life as a 30something.

Watched Shame last night. Didn't like it.

Anyone enjoy it? In general, does anyone enjoy those kinds of films which are very slow and have little dialogue?

Watched Shame last night. Didn't like it.

Anyone enjoy it? In general, does anyone enjoy those kinds of films which are very slow and have little dialogue?

I loved it ... thought it was beautiful and very sad, but I love dismal films with messed up people. Just watched a load of Haneke films - amazing: Benny's Video is almost unwatchable. Loved a film called Incendies recently but above all, Drive just really did it for me, if only for the opening shots/music.

Why am I so excited about Prometheus? I feel like I've seen most of it from the trailers. Scared I'm going to be disappointed. Especially in Rafe Spall. But I will probably watch it 10 times within the year because I'm a sucker.

Watched these in the last few days:

True Lies - Still one of the best action comedies IMO. A childhood favorite of mine and still can hold it's own.

Cowboys and Aliens - Torn on this one. A cool idea and something very different than what we're used to, but something bugged about it. Just a bit...meh?

Pulp Fiction - It's too cool for comments. Epic.

Sahara - Must admit I always enjoy this one, a guilty pleasure perhaps because the plot is thin, acting isn't the best and it's very predictable. But, just like National Treasure, I dig it. Sorry.

Zombieland - Simply love this movie. Everything about it. Serious man crush on Woody Harrelson and a normal one on Emma Stone. Okay, maybe a bit more than just normal.

We Were Soldiers - I'm a war movie buff, and while this isn't perhaps one of the best, I still like it. Good battle scenes and I also like that they show a bit of the Vietnamese side as well. Mel Gibson pre-crazy era.

Next up is Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy which I have very high hopes for.

On a horror kick at the moment:

The Burrowers - Western movie with some man eating creatures. Horrible sound production, couldn't hear a thing anyone said and next thing you know someone's fired a gun and you've woken up the entire neighbourhood.

Lie Still - Something about a haunted house. Not very good and done so many times by others.

The Hamiltons - A different take on the vampire genre. Independent movie, so need to lower expectations slightly, but the twist was SO obvious.

The Violent Kind - A group of bikers and a girl possessed by a demon. Very much in the vein of Lovecraft.

Wasting Away - A zombie comedy, seen from the zombies' POV. Hilarious at times.

Darkness - Anna Paquin has a very tidy body, can't remember much else. Could have been a lot better.

Slashers - Instead of gladiators you have slashers, armed with chainsaws and knives, in a Japanese game show. Anyone left standing at the end shares the prize money. Very low budget, but amuzing in parts.

Ok is X-Men - last stand any good?

Would I have had to watch the previous ones before watching this?

So this is the third one im presuming?

GHod I was prepared to give it a go too...

Yeah the x-men series is a tad confusing

x-men
x2
x-men: last stand

and then they released

x-men origins wolverine- A prequel about one of the characters (wolverine)
x-men first class- A prequel to the whole series (and IMO best of the lot)

Back