• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Why does he do that? Tenet had the same criticisms.

Apparently from what I heard on Kermode, he is apparently really blasé about the sound because of his focus on other areas twinned with his belief the background noise makes it more real. That's why I asked, talk that the dialogue is hard to hear at times etc, glad to hear on here it's ok.

Last edited:
well enjoyed it or not sound was bloody awful.

Come to think of it the opening scene of Dunkirk in cinema when machine gun went off was obscenely loud.

I like Nolan’s films in general and there’s no doubting he’s a brilliant director. I do however find his films cold and lacking in emotion and for that reason it’s hard to feel any warmth for his films but can still appreciate them. Personally I think he peaked with TDK and Inception. Didn’t think much of Dunkirk and couldn’t stand Interstellar. Didn’t see Tenet as the reviews didn’t sell it to me. His films are very similar tone wise, not a great deal of humour but I guess that’s his style. Can’t ever see him making a romantic comedy. I actually prefer his earlier work like The Prestige and Insomnia.

Hahaha, I've just read this amazing set of theories that Jamie Foxx is dead and he was replaced by a clone. Honestly has had me in hysterics.

The world's gone mental

I like Nolan’s films in general and there’s no doubting he’s a brilliant director. I do however find his films cold and lacking in emotion and for that reason it’s hard to feel any warmth for his films but can still appreciate them. Personally I think he peaked with TDK and Inception. Didn’t think much of Dunkirk and couldn’t stand Interstellar. Didn’t see Tenet as the reviews didn’t sell it to me. His films are very similar tone wise, not a great deal of humour but I guess that’s his style. Can’t ever see him making a romantic comedy. I actually prefer his earlier work like The Prestige and Insomnia.

The Prestige is head and shoulders above anything else he's done. And it is the film of his that has heart

Robocop tonight, probably my favourite comic book inspired film of all time (not an actual comic but was based on Judge Dreed x Iron Man.

Robocop, running man, total recall probably in any order for my top three in that genre.

I'd buy that for a dollar

Watched two very different films this week; MI:7 and Barbie.

MI:7 was really enjoyable. Can’t really pick a favourite in the series, but I think they took it up a notch with Ghost Protocol and the films have been excellent since. For the record I enjoyed the first three films also.

Barbie was fine. Overhyped but not bad. Lost count of how many times the word “patriarchy” was used :D

Robocop tonight, probably my favourite comic book inspired film of all time (not an actual comic but was based on Judge Dreed x Iron Man.

Robocop, running man, total recall probably in any order for my top three in that genre.

I'd buy that for a dollar

Never quite got that part :D

Love the bit when one of the Ed-209’s vaporises one of the corporate lackeys to brick and the boss says “I’m sure it’s just a glitch” :p

Never quite got that part :D

Love the bit when one of the Ed-209’s vaporises one of the corporate lackeys to brick and the boss says “I’m sure it’s just a glitch” :p

Haha, I love those little bits of B-Movie humour and the little snippets of outrageous stuff. Like In running man and the adverts for the TV shows, climbing for dollars haha

Back