• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched "in the loop" for the first time, it',s exactly what I hoped it would be having admittedly not seen a much of in the thick of it. What a cast and was a pleasure seeing Gandolfini with the likes of Capaldi. Such quick wit and aggression that is frowned upon in the real world, GHod forbid people show their emotions, best lock people up. I love Armando Innucci's work because it displays how silly the real world is.

In the last few days I have also done "What we do in the shadows" and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", if you haven't seen either, you're absolutely fudgein welcome for the recommendation as they are both incredible films. Could say a lot about both but to quote Marvin the paranoid android, "what's the point."

Watched "in the loop" for the first time, it',s exactly what I hoped it would be having admittedly not seen a much of in the thick of it. What a cast and was a pleasure seeing Gandolfini with the likes of Capaldi. Such quick wit and aggression that is frowned upon in the real world, GHod forbid people show their emotions, best lock people up. I love Armando Innucci's work because it displays how silly the real world is.

In the last few days I have also done "What we do in the shadows" and "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy", if you haven't seen either, you're absolutely fudgein welcome for the recommendation as they are both incredible films. Could say a lot about both but to quote Marvin the paranoid android, "what's the point."

Malcolm Tucker is probably my fav comedy character of all time

The Whale is on my list for sure

I’ve seen three of the films that are nominated for best actor; Elvis (Austin Butler), Banshees of Inisherin (Colin Farrell) and The Whale (Brendan Fraser). I can’t pick between the performances as they’re all fantastic and I love a comeback story but I think I’d like Farrell to win it as you don’t get many films made about the breakdown of a male friendship, I’d love him and Brendan Gleason to both win.

I’ve seen three of the films that are nominated for best actor; Elvis (Austin Butler), Banshees of Inisherin (Colin Farrell) and The Whale (Brendan Fraser). I can’t pick between the performances as they’re all fantastic and I love a comeback story but I think I’d like Farrell to win it as you don’t get many films made about the breakdown of a male friendship, I’d love him and Brendan Gleason to both win.

Wow you have packed in all my to watch list haha

What we do in the shadows has a spin off Tv show that’s great
And the guy who wrote and directed it also does Thor… but the good stuff he has done is JoJo Rabbit
My mate loves Hunt for the Wilderpeople which he also did but I couldn’t get into it

And the guy who wrote and directed it also does Thor… but the good stuff he has done is JoJo Rabbit
My mate loves Hunt for the Wilderpeople which he also did but I couldn’t get into it
I obviously don't get it, because I think all of those are poor, but didn't realise they are the same director. Makes sense as they are all well rated but I don't get the appeal. They seem a bit silly to me, prefer something with a bit more depth.

I am aware of taika waititi's work but hope your post encourages others to check out his work! Or just to engage in silliness like he does to make life easier for everyone.

I switched it off. From memory, it's a poor man's Billy Liar?
Yeh I get that from the speeches in Hitler and Mussolini style but I saw it more of a ridiculous take on the ridiculousness of the Nazis including the Nazi Youth, which when you think about it is fcuking mental.

Also the book writing of what Jews are like and the ideas in it are extreme but also in reality the kind of ideas Hitler was promoting that made so many blindly follow his cult, from that respect its extremely clever

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Back