• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

How many more bad films will it take for the studios in Hollywood to stop offering roles to the likes of Adam Sandler? I'm a massive fan of his early films, Happy Gilmore is one of my favourites comedies ever, but he's made as string of bad films. Just Go With It, Grown Ups, Jack And Jill, Funny People. Seems to be bullet proof at the box office though. Nicholas Cage keeps getting roles too despite a never ending list of turkeys.

I assume Ghost Rider 2 will make that list a little longer

Does he finance all of his films himself then?

Would surely be the only way that he could have persuaded people to get behind his latest horrible effort. The trailer is skin crawlingly awful, it is just about the worst trailer that I've ever seen and I will go nowhere near the actual film.

Phenomenal movie, saw that up the cinema twice. A fitting tribute to one of the all-time great sporting icons.

I did try to watch it but didnt like it so basically switched it off. I have never been an F1 fan and didnt really know too much about Senna, so I guess I didnt or dont appreciate him or his talents like other people do.

I did try to watch it but didnt like it so basically switched it off. I have never been an F1 fan and didnt really know too much about Senna, so I guess I didnt or dont appreciate him or his talents like other people do.

I'm not a fan of F1 either, in fact, it's one of my least favourite sports and I find all motor sport incredibly dull. But I watched the last half hour of it last night and really got into it. I'll definitely watch the whole documentary at some point.

I'm not a fan of F1 either, in fact, it's one of my least favourite sports and I find all motor sport incredibly dull. But I watched the last half hour of it last night and really got into it. I'll definitely watch the whole documentary at some point.

I'm not hugely fussed by any motor sports either, don't get all excited about watching Top Gear, even though it is good when I do see it. I like good cars but not hugely obsessive about knowing engine sizes or what the 0-60mph for any car is. I did think that Senna was a fantastic film though, one of the best films that I saw at the cinema last year, if not the best.

I'm not hugely fussed by any motor sports either, don't get all excited about watching Top Gear, even though it is good when I do see it. I like good cars but not hugely obsessive about knowing engine sizes or what the 0-60mph for any car is. I did think that Senna was a fantastic film though, one of the best films that I saw at the cinema last year, if not the best.

Couldn't agree more! I have a mini, it's one of the only cars that I like, but sadly I can't afford a BMW or and Audi. I don't know how people can get excited about a Vauxhall coupe type R (that probably isn't even a car). Jeremy Clarkson is one of the biggest ****s in this country! I find that most people who like cars don't have any other interests whatsover.

can we have some recommendations for post Apocalyptic type movies, just watched the tv mini series The Stand

Zombieland - love it, 9/10
Day After Tomorrow - not bad 6/10

a couple others

28 Days Later - 9/10
I am Legend - 6/10
Children of Men - 7/10

Last edited:
Phenomenal movie, saw that up the cinema twice. A fitting tribute to one of the all-time great sporting icons.
Great film. Apart from the sound delay with some of the on-board shots which really tinkled me off. For me, that's when you truly appreciate how great Senna was. I watched it twice in the cinema as well, found it very hard not to cry the first time and the second was still bloody emotional.

Watched 'Warrior' earlier - very good watch with some very powerful scenes. Had a tear in my eye at the end, but maybe that was because I was hungover!

Back