• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Moneyball last night, enjoyed it. Good cast and a true story.

I wanted to see that at the cinema but missed it. I'm still surprised they made a film of it though, the Oakland A's never got to a World Series with their philosophy despite having a good run for a while.

I wanted to see that at the cinema but missed it. I'm still surprised they made a film of it though, the Oakland A's never got to a World Series with their philosophy despite having a good run for a while.

would definitely recommend moneyball, pretty formulaic but good nether the less

Apparently Billy Beane is a Spurs fan??? WTF

Beane, who is an avid supporter of Tottenham Hotspur of the English Premier League, began developing a system for objectively analyzing soccer players. He has agreed to help the Earthquakes front office develop a method for building a cost-effective team, as the salary cap in MLS is even more restrictive than the Athletics status as a small-market team in Major League Baseball.[SUP][25][/SUP]

Has anyone seen that Project X film yet? All the reviews have said its utter brick, but I really enjoyed Superbad so was wondering if it was along those lines

Has anyone seen that Project X film yet? All the reviews have said its utter brick, but I really enjoyed Superbad so was wondering if it was along those lines

Whenever I read the title 'Project X', I always think of the epic Amiga game! :D

Apparently Billy Beane is a Spurs fan??? WTF

Beane, who is an avid supporter of Tottenham Hotspur of the English Premier League, began developing a system for objectively analyzing soccer players. He has agreed to help the Earthquakes front office develop a method for building a cost-effective team, as the salary cap in MLS is even more restrictive than the Athletics status as a small-market team in Major League Baseball.[SUP][25][/SUP]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/19/newsstory.sport11

So, by extension, Brad Pitt is a Spurs supporter. Retroactively alter Fight Club to show him wearing a Tottenham scarf at all times, I say!

How many more bad films will it take for the studios in Hollywood to stop offering roles to the likes of Adam Sandler? I'm a massive fan of his early films, Happy Gilmore is one of my favourites comedies ever, but he's made as string of bad films. Just Go With It, Grown Ups, Jack And Jill, Funny People. Seems to be bullet proof at the box office though. Nicholas Cage keeps getting roles too despite a never ending list of turkeys.

Might be wrong but all of his films since Little Nicky have been made by his own production company Happy Madison so he doesn't get offers, he just stars in what he likes lol

Back