• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Its a major bug with me too. I love a cheesy action flick, waste some time and check your brain at the door while you eat popcorn kind of stuff.

I know what it is. I know it isnt oscar worthy, deep and meaningfull, dramatic or harrowing. I know the acting will probably suck balls as well. BUT I can still appreciate it for what it is instead of judging it by these criteria.

Why cant a person who's profession is "Watching films" not make the same distinction?

All that said, I watched The Inbetweeners movie and Rise of the Planet of the apes at the weekend. Neither was bad, but neither was especially good either, IMO.

Spot on, not every film maker and director make a film to win best picture at the Oscars.

Spot on, not every film maker and director make a film to win best picture at the Oscars.

What's the name of the 'critic' on five live Friday afternoons? Absolute cretin of a man who just sees every film he reviews as a platform to boost his ego

Mark Kermode? when I was typing the previous post he is EXACTLY The kind of critic I was thinking of. He's a Horror film expert, done some really good books on them and when it comes to those he knows his brick and his opinion is valid, other genres, not so much.

Watched Insidious tonight, glad it was a free rental as didn't think too much about it. The shocks were too obvious, the evil character laughably a cross between Spiderman and Darth Maul and some of the scenes made no sense at all. Part of the way through the film, and those who have seen it will hopefully know what I'm referring to, one of the guys walks through a room of people who are perfectly still, I thought that it was a non-famous Madame Tussauds or something?

I didn't watch it all the way through but I'm assuming that at the end, the main guy gets possessed. I'm sure that happens as that was the way the film was headed.

I didn't think so much of the camera work either, and there were too many bits I was picking holes in, to the chagrin of my flatmate who said that I should have studied films at Uni... not going to do yet another degree, so that can be forgotten.

I know when someone watches a bad movie they tend to say stuff like "it was the worst movie ever", 'who do i invoice for my two hours wasted' etc etc etc BUT Hanna is without doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. Nothing actually happens. No story line, no action, no thriller, fudge all.

I know when someone watches a bad movie they tend to say stuff like "it was the worst movie ever", 'who do i invoice for my two hours wasted' etc etc etc BUT Hanna is without doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. Nothing actually happens. No story line, no action, no thriller, fudge all.

Thanks for saving me on that one. I had been thinking that I should hire it as I thought it was meant to have been decent.

Thanks for saving me on that one. I had been thinking that I should hire it as I thought it was meant to have been decent.

NO - DO NOT WATCH IT. I wanted to switch it off about five mins into it but I though it will pick up - it fudgein slowed down it went backwards

Anyone got movie suggestions that I can download and watch. I want something recent but something cool n something engrossing.

I will download the Guard I think.

Dont give me sci fis. super 8 is one of them. Thanks tho mate

Super 8 is a beautiful film. You'll hardly notice the sci-fi schtick because of the uniformly fantastic acting performances and the script. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Just finished watching Crazy Stupid Love - what a very very good movie. I know its a bit of a chick flick but it also has some male macho type undertones to it.

I give it 9/10.

Ryan Gosling is a good lookin fudger innit that ****.

Back