• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

He is such a mong though,he is usually good for a laugh. When there is nothing to laugh at,it is painful viewing.

I'd be very surprised if the film cost more than 25 grand to make. Be even more surprised if they manage to recoup it

I haven't seen the oscars yet, what was Billy Crystal like?

I really think they should get Jon Stewart to host again: "this year's films include themes of racism, terrorism, corruption..... and censorship. It's why we go to the movies.......... to escape." :ross:

The Avengers Gets A New, Longer Title

Marvel Avengers Assemble, it seems

Its only two months until release, but The Avengers has just received a title change, at least as far as the UK is concerned. We will now be queuing up on April 26 to see Marvel Avengers Assemble. And theres a new poster to prove the change.

The 11th hour alteration is all to avoid UK audiences confusing the film with either the 1960s TV series of the same name or its less-than-stellar 1998 film adaptation. Presumably the studio has done marketing proving that theres bewilderment out there about it, and certainly for a slightly older generation the name still calls up John Steed and Emma Peel rather than Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and all.

Still, is it us, or does the new film name cry out for extra punctuation? Wouldnt it be awesomer if it were Marvel! Avengers Assemble? After all, thats the reaction theyre hoping for. It also reminds us of this blog we wrote about movie titles a few years back.

In any case, the film still comes out on April 26, is still directed by Joss Whedon and still stars Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg and Tom Hiddleston.

Theyre all pretty cool. Were sure they wont mind if we keep referring to it as The Avengers in casual conversation now and again.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33259

i watched law abiding citizen yesterday. that film got really violent, really quickly!

but why was Jamie Fox investigating crimes? The film was a bit like seven but brick.

Saw Man on a Ledge this evening.

Ridiculous, outrageous, stupid but it was free and an enjoyable popcorn flick.

Problem a lot of reviewers and "critics" IMO is the inability to review a film for what it is, if you fancy killing 90 mins with a silly but fun movie go ahead,

The Avengers Gets A New, Longer Title

Marvel Avengers Assemble, it seems

Its only two months until release, but The Avengers has just received a title change, at least as far as the UK is concerned. We will now be queuing up on April 26 to see Marvel Avengers Assemble. And theres a new poster to prove the change.

The 11th hour alteration is all to avoid UK audiences confusing the film with either the 1960s TV series of the same name or its less-than-stellar 1998 film adaptation. Presumably the studio has done marketing proving that theres bewilderment out there about it, and certainly for a slightly older generation the name still calls up John Steed and Emma Peel rather than Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and all.

Still, is it us, or does the new film name cry out for extra punctuation? Wouldnt it be awesomer if it were Marvel! Avengers Assemble? After all, thats the reaction theyre hoping for. It also reminds us of this blog we wrote about movie titles a few years back.

In any case, the film still comes out on April 26, is still directed by Joss Whedon and still stars Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg and Tom Hiddleston.

Theyre all pretty cool. Were sure they wont mind if we keep referring to it as The Avengers in casual conversation now and again.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33259

I was one of those confused by the title of the films as Avengers. When people started talking it up, I had no idea why they were getting excited, oh I know now!!

For the casuals, if you have seen any of the 5 films that referenced this film over the last 4 years then it was ok but I guess they can't afford to lose the box office money from the casual movie goers who may have confused this as a remake of a remake.

Batman wll brick it anyway :D

For the casuals, if you have seen any of the 5 films that referenced this film over the last 4 years then it was ok but I guess they can't afford to lose the box office money from the casual movie goers who may have confused this as a remake of a remake.
Batman wll brick it anyway :D

I think I've seen all those films but somehow it just hadn't clicked in my mind. I even knew that the films were connected and why but somehow, nope. I think I must have not been as aware about the whole collection of super heroes. The last comics I really read regularly were the likes of Beano and Dandy years ago.I can't wait to see the latest installment of Batman, promises to be fantastic.

I think I've seen all those films but somehow it just hadn't clicked in my mind. I even knew that the films were connected and why but somehow, nope. I think I must have not been as aware about the whole collection of super heroes. The last comics I really read regularly were the likes of Beano and Dandy years ago.I can't wait to see the latest installment of Batman, promises to be fantastic.

Now I think about it most of the Avengers stuff is post credits, so easy to miss.

Might tell from my avatar but I'm a huge bat-nerd, the new film is going to be awesome.

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if I had missed most of the post credit stuff. As with most, as soon as the credits start rolling, I'm off my cinema seat and out of the door. If nothing else, I need to take a tinkle to get rid of that bathtub sized cup of coke that I get each time I go.

Deviation - Danny Dyer playing a bit of a simpleton serial killer. I'll give any British film a go but this is the worst film I have seen for as long as I can remember. There are decent torrents about for it but I wouldn't waste your time. fudging drivel

The clue is in 'Danny Dyer'.

Danny Dyer is worse than Nicolas Cage.

The only 2 movies with Danny Dyer in I thought were okay are Severance and Football Factory. Other than that I can't stand that Spammer prick and his filmography is an utter shower of brick: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/danny_dyer/

At least Cage has starred in a few decent movie over his career: Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord of War, Bad Lieutenant, Kick Ass...

Like Water - is up on Bolt

In the most brutal and often most misunderstood sport in the world, becoming a champion takes more than just blood, sweat, and tears. Like Water follows middleweight Ultimate Fighter Anderson Silva as he prepares to crown his four-year run as the unbeaten king of the sport with a record 12th straight win in the UFC. With intimate access to Silva and his intense training, the surprising and inspiring man behind one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time emerges.

Early days, but currently rated 9.6/10 on IMDB! (only 46 votes)

Excellent documentary. Perhaps we should have a documentary thread.

Thought this was very good;

WasteLand

An uplifting feature documentary highlighting the transformative power of art and the beauty of the human spirit. Top-selling contemporary artist Vik Muniz takes us on an emotional journey from Jardim Gramacho, the world's largest landfill on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro, to the heights of international art stardom. Vik collaborates with the brilliant catadores, pickers of recyclable materials, true Shakespearean characters who live and work in the garbage quoting Machiavelli and showing us how to recycle ourselves.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268204/

Saw Man on a Ledge this evening.

Ridiculous, outrageous, stupid but it was free and an enjoyable popcorn flick.

Problem a lot of reviewers and "critics" IMO is the inability to review a film for what it is, if you fancy killing 90 mins with a silly but fun movie go ahead,

Its a major bug with me too. I love a cheesy action flick, waste some time and check your brain at the door while you eat popcorn kind of stuff.

I know what it is. I know it isnt oscar worthy, deep and meaningfull, dramatic or harrowing. I know the acting will probably suck balls as well. BUT I can still appreciate it for what it is instead of judging it by these criteria.

Why cant a person who's profession is "Watching films" not make the same distinction?

All that said, I watched The Inbetweeners movie and Rise of the Planet of the apes at the weekend. Neither was bad, but neither was especially good either, IMO.

Back