• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Memento for the first time today. Serious head fudge of a film, but still enjoyed it. I pretty much got the gist of it, but because of the structure of the film, it's still confusing.

What is a de-interlace?

It's a method/option you can run when re-encoding files such as divx/dvd formats.

This shows how it can sharpen up releases really well;
http://www.100fps.com/

distortion2.jpg

Not resized and not deinterlaced

distortion_ok.jpg

Deinterlaced properly

Makes a silk purse out of sows ear, or such...

Last edited:
Ahh I see ok - im not a techie.

Watched Goon - it was ok. Loved the fighting. I love how hockey allows fighting - I think they should have a 2 minutes interval in each half of football where fighting could be allowed (release the anger and pressure etc) - that would be brilliant. Or maybe do it at half time.

Like Water - is up on Bolt

In the most brutal and often most misunderstood sport in the world, becoming a champion takes more than just blood, sweat, and tears. Like Water follows middleweight Ultimate Fighter Anderson Silva as he prepares to crown his four-year run as the unbeaten king of the sport with a record 12th straight win in the UFC. With intimate access to Silva and his intense training, the surprising and inspiring man behind one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time emerges.

Early days, but currently rated 9.6/10 on IMDB! (only 46 votes)

Watching Scream 4, was a big fan of Scream 1 and Scream 2, hoping that this latest sequel is at least better than Scream 3. Plus Hayden Panetierre, Kristen Bell, Neve Campbell amongst others make it worth watching, even if Hayden Panetierre appears to have a butch image for this one and a deep voice which is kinda weird.

Im watching the mask on comedy central - Cameron Diaz did go downhill from that movie. In the mask she is just stunning

Anyone seen that Woman in black film?

Going to watch The Woman in Black tonight, just know the wife is going to have a cardiac every few minutes
Think you'll enjoy it, even if she doesn't, it plays the suspense and the tense atmosphere perfectly.

Well worth seeing for those who haven't yet. I do think horrors are better at the cinema though as you become more engrossed in the movie, more connected to what is going on when you're stuck with the movie in huge size ahead of you. I find that if I'm at home, I get distracted, I pop up and make a drink or get a snack or the phone rings, someone wants to chat with me etc and it disrupts the quality of the movie watching experience.

I am kinda surprised that it was given a 12A rating. I think there will be kids who find these movies too scary and it won't be suitable for them. I think the classification has been awarded purely because there is no sex, swearing, violence etc but it doesn't take away from the chilling tone of the film.

Was well worth an Orange Wednesday up the cinema, nice old fashioned horror movie that startled me a couple of times. Although not as much as some of the other people in the audience who were constantly shrieking, much to everyone else's amusement. Noticed that the floor was covered in spilt popcorn on our way :lol:

Im watching the mask on comedy central - Cameron Diaz did go downhill from that movie. In the mask she is just stunning

She makes one of the most spectacular entrances to movies than anyone has ever made, that first scene, wow!

So the Artist and Hugo cleaned up in the Oscars, well done to the teams behind both movies, deserved their respective successes.

Personally I've not always found a direct correlation between movie quality and amount of Oscars it won

Overhyped, pretentious, bottox infused, snobbish qunts

Was well worth an Orange Wednesday up the cinema, nice old fashioned horror movie that startled me a couple of times. Although not as much as some of the other people in the audience who were constantly shrieking, much to everyone else's amusement. Noticed that the floor was covered in spilt popcorn on our way :lol:

We went on Saturday night. I got the feeling we saw all the real 'scary' bits in the trailer. But like you say, some of the reactions of fellow watchers were more entertaining at times.
I found myself trying to anticipate the 'jumpy' bits a bit too much rather than getting engrossed in the story

Back