• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Mate, you should feel ashamed.. I thought EVERYONE knew there was a lesbian scene between the pair of them, after all that was what led guys to wanting to go and watch a movie that was otherwise primarily a ballet movie. And I did think it was an excellent film, outside of the lesbian kiss, so I was happy that I went to see it too.

I thought it was outstanding also.

Aronofsky is one dark puppy, 'Requiem For A Dream' almost ruined sex scenes for me.

Horses for courses though, DFS I think most action flicks are guff.

I thought it was outstanding also.

Aronofsky is one dark puppy, 'Requiem For A Dream' almost ruined sex scenes for me.

Horses for courses though, DFS I think most action flicks are guff.

I guess im just into comedy. lighthearted movies.

I do like the psychological type movies but this was slow paced.

I do need some movie suggestions cos ive run out of any good movies

Had it for ages but never watched it, should really as it is probably his most interesting subject matter (for my taste), but when you see the wrestler/black swan/requiem you can see Aronofsky is (kind of) using the same formula of 'slow turmoil turning to self destruction' and just wasn't in the mood whenever I looked throutgh my media centre for flciks I hadn't watched.

Thought the wrestler was very overrated, good, but not the same quality as his other pieces.

I liked 'the fountain' but in a 'that is strange, was it good or brick' type of way, but it made me think about it alot after, which I like, loved the soundtrack.

Any good?

Last edited:
I think sometimes films require a longer build up so that you are able to hang in on the moment and actually experience the transformation, rather than having the transformation having in a matter of moments and without the same dramatic effect.

You should watch that 'take shelter' if you like aronofsky, not quite of that quality, but similar bleak feeling pyschological unwinding stuff. Quite a low budget vibe, but I like that also, almost like a top rate TV film.

I think sometimes films require a longer build up so that you are able to hang in on the moment and actually experience the transformation, rather than having the transformation having in a matter of moments and without the same dramatic effect.

Agree, that is why Black Swan was his best IMO, it built to a fitting and beautifully tragic ending, the same crescendo style as Requiem but much more comfortable to watch, almost the anti-requiem really.

The Fountain Soundtrack;
[video=youtube;vr0NBPRMe2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0NBPRMe2E[/video]

Think he must use this guy in most of his films, Clint Mansell - he was the singer and guitarist from Pop Will Eat Itself (late 80's early 90's band some here will remember).

The music from that really got under my skin, but I didn't mind!

Edit: Just checked, he has done all his scores since Pi.

Last edited:
"The Eagle" is surprisingly good, apart from the last couple of minutes.

If the Scottish landscape was a woman you'd be too awestruck to make a move (ironically).

The "Fright Night" remake is another pleasingly above average effort too....

Oliver Stone doc about Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan president/dictator - South of the Border (it's on netflix uk if any of you are signed up to that)

quite interesting - doesn't show the US in a good light (surprise surprise) but does make Chavez out to be a nicer guy than he actually is. worth a watch if Latin America or Politics is your thing

Oliver Stone doc about Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan president/dictator - South of the Border (it's on netflix uk if any of you are signed up to that)

quite interesting - doesn't show the US in a good light (surprise surprise) but does make Chavez out to be a nicer guy than he actually is. worth a watch if Latin America or Politics is your thing

Whether he is one of 'them' or not, love some of his soundbites;

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez tore into his U.S. counterpart and his U.N. hosts Wednesday, likening President Bush to the devil and telling the General Assembly that its system is "worthless."

"The devil came here yesterday," Chavez said, referring to Bush, who addressed the world body during its annual meeting Tuesday. "And it smells of sulfur still today."

Chavez accused Bush of having spoken "as if he owned the world" and said a psychiatrist could be called to analyze the statement.

"As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world. An Alfred Hitch**** movie could use it as a scenario. I would even propose a title: 'The Devil's Recipe.' "

Chavez held up a book by Noam Chomsky on imperialism and said it encapsulated his arguments: "The American empire is doing all it can to consolidate its hegemonistic system of domination, and we cannot allow him to do that. We cannot allow world dictatorship to be consolidated."

Chavez also blasted the United Nations, calling the General Assembly "merely a deliberative organ" that meets once a year.

"We have no power, no power to make any impact on the terrible situation in the world," he said.

Chavez called the veto power shared by the five permanent members of the Security Council "anti-democratic," and cited the U.S. veto of a resolution that would have demanded the Israelis halt their bombing of Lebanon this summer.

That move "allowed the Israelis with impunity to destroy Lebanon in front of us all as we stood there watching," Chavez said. He recommended that the world body's headquarters be moved to another country and offered Venezuela as a possible new home.

He noted that he recently returned from a summit of more than 50 heads of state from nonaligned nations in Havana, Cuba, and urged his audience to support their efforts for "a world of peace."

At a news conference after the speech, he further lambasted the United States and U.N., saying of the latter, "There is no way to save it."

The U.N. was founded in an era of two superpowers, he said. "The Soviet Union collapsed. The United States empire is on the way down and it will be finished in the near future, for the good of all mankind."

He also said the U.S. government was the "first enemy" of its people.

Last edited:
what do you mean by "Whether he is one of 'them' or not"

was funny on the doc, they had clips of mainstream US media stations with quotes like "Chavez is worse than Hitler" " Venezuela is USA's number one enemy" etc etc and clips of interviews with US government officials who were trotting out some of the most misguided manipulative trash ive ever heard.

He also said the U.S. government was the "first enemy" of its people.

many of the countries in Latin America seem to be uniting in that train of thought lately

Back