• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Very strong rumours around that they're planning a re-boot to the Twilight series. ](*,) ](*,) :cry: :evil:

Exactly

Not sure what people expected from Scott to be honest - Citizen Kane?

A movie with the same pedigree as Alien or Bladerunner perhaps?

Do not confuse Ridley Scott's films with those of his recently deceased brother, Tony Scott (who's movies I enjoyed but mostly there were not at the same cinematic level as the seminal movies above).

taken two is truly awful. first one wasnt great, second one much worse. dont bother. rumours of a third as well
Yeah i thought it was pretty brick, the storyline was so dull and predictable. The only thing that kept me going was seeing his daughter and ex-missus, two hotties

Prometheus is a good film, it's just a victim of expectation and of being one of those films that's it's cool to slam.

the only thing good about it is the way it looks, (which is stunning tbf) other than that it is poor in pretty much every respect - the story line, the characters, the way the story developed - it was just a poorly told story with unbelievable characters who reacted in an unbelievable manner to everything that was happening around them.

believe me i wanted/want to like this film but i can't - it had no redeeming features other than looking good. if it had no link to the Alien movies i wouldn't even discuss it as it'd have no meaning to me, would just be another GHod awful sci fi movie which id try to forget i ever watched

Audition - been meaning to watch this for ages, Japanese (i think) horror - widower meets a young woman who his friend 'auditioned' to be a potential wife, but as usual she is not what she seems. . . not as good as i was expecting, only one real moment which was 'scary' and even that was a cheap make you jump trick

6/10

Last edited:
Saw Audition myself a few weeks back. There is a good story in there, but this whole 'what's real and what's fantasy?' thing didn't work for me.

Similar film that's a lot better (IMO) is A Tale of Two Sisters.

yeah, that part towards the end of the movie in particular i thought was poorly executed

i saw Tale of Two Sisters several years a go - i remember loving it, one of the better horrors that i have seen but i don't quite see the similarities between the two tbh

Last edited:
yeah, that part towards the end of the movie in particular i thought was poorly executed

i saw Tale of Two Sisters several years a go - i remember loving it, one of the better horrors that i have seen but i don't quite see the similarities between the two tbh

It's a different story, but I found the mood and pace similar. And also not knowing what is real or not.

Edit: They both have a similar reveal/twist like the recent wave of American films like Shutter Island.

Anyone ever seen Mullholland Drive?

The only movie that has made me go 'What the fudge' was that about.

Go see Looper! Really enjoyed it! I thought it would be a letdown after all the positive reviews, but it lived up to the hype.

saw it the other night excellent film,lose the thread sometimes when they tried to explain who comes back in time or forward and who were the police(jeff daniels).

The kid played his part well too.

Saw the preview too Arjo,they say its an oscar film,looks good.

Back