• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
One point, people are mentioning we would be missing out on compensation money if we were to sack him now... But in the grand scheme of things, if we were to miss out of Champ League football, wouldn't that cost us a lot more?

Things can't get worse. Get rid now, get through the last 4 games, move on. Can't honestly see any wins from the last 4 games otherwise.

I'm losing faith, simply because I hate Managers that tinker with the formation and/or rotation of players. He fudged up against Norwich by resting certain players and not playing a DM. He fudged up against QPR by implementing a brand new system.

It smacks of a Manager who has either a)ran of out ideas or b)is extremely pig headed and determined to do things as he sees fit when everyone else around him is telling him the simple solution.

Well that took 90 minutes :lol: Do you still think we can win 3 and draw 1 of the last 4? (Because the one you thought we could afford to lose has materialized at the 1st hurdle.....)

How much compensation would we be due for a manager with a year left on their contract? Perhaps ?ú3m - 5m max? Levy has to weigh that up against potential ?ú25 - 30m revenues from Champions League TV and prize money.

I feel we may have left it too late now but we don't have much to lose. Bring in a caretaker and get that boost of energy, enthusiasm and fresh ideas for the last 4 matches.

How much compensation would we be due for a manager with a year left on their contract? Perhaps ?ú3m - 5m max? Levy has to weigh that up against potential ?ú25 - 30m revenues from Champions League TV and prize money.

I feel we may have left it too late now but we don't have much to lose. Bring in a caretaker and get that boost of energy, enthusiasm and fresh ideas for the last 4 matches.

This exactly

Its not knee-jerk

BUt if we sack him now, we have to pay out his contract. If we wait til May, the FA pay us

I understand people saying about CL money however its far from guaranteed that a new guy would get us 4th

lets put him on gardening leave then, but we need to do something, because with him on the bench we don't get another point

Hmmm....was thinking that earlier. We'd gain on some things (better squad rotation?) but lose on other things (less defensive solidity?).

But hell, the fans would have many more songs to sing and when we're winning the place will be buzzing ten times more (provided we are in or near the top 4)....

Well the feelgood factor would return and the Lane would be buzzin again on Matchdays, plus we might get Hangeland and Dempsey too!

All pie in the sky though because its not happening

I'd be less than convinced.

I really enjoyed having Jol in charge of us, really hoped we would acheive more than we did and was sad when he was sacked and with the way he was ultimately replaced. This is not the time for going back and i dont think Jol has really done anything since leaving which would make me really excited about having him back. Lets not live in the past.

When Redknapp goes lets replace him with a new man with new ideas and not live in the past.

Jol had his faults, for one he was too nice to refs, bad at cups and he was unimaginative with substitutions alot like redknapp. This all sounds l. However he still remains my favourite manager, he never once belittled the club like Redknapp did and was aware of our glorious history.

He got 5th with a midfield of Malbranque Jenas Zokora Tainio when the opposition in the premier league was so much tougher. The problem with jol was that Levy backed Commoli to call all the shots. Does anyone remember jol saying that we should invest more to the Press if we wanted to come 4th then him "forcibly" retracting that statement via means of the official website?

Now redknapp has the backing of his Chairmen, players other teams dream to have and we are floundering on a terrible run.
We've never had it so good.

Back