• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

It's amazing how many sheep at spurs have accepted that mediocrity is acceptable and sensible.

Bill fudging Nicholson, "you know what lads, the double is enough, I know we've just added the best goalscorer in the world to the best team in history but take it easy yeah, no point going and winning that European cup, don't stress about the league either, get down the pub for a pint and some boiled chicken"

So, what do you suggest? How do we outspend City, Chelski and United? New billionaire owners is the only way, isn't it? That, or join the ESL...

Liverpool managed to get some semblance of success? Backed a manager. Got him the players he wanted in the position he needed them. Bigger global profile than us but smaller stadium, and given we had finished above them consistently for a fair few years before Klopp arrived, and again after, it's not like they had the most amazing starting position to come from.

Competent owners who were intentional about wanting success. It's very much possible. Our owners don't want to risk it. We don't have to be City or Chelsea, but we could probably be Liverpool.

It's amazing how many sheep at spurs have accepted that mediocrity is acceptable and sensible.
I think the big issue is there are no top candidates out there at the moment. We acted too late. If we'd moved in January, we could either have got Poch back or got Tuchels. Now we are left with chelsea and bayern's scraps.

It's not just us - arsenal are probably only holding on to arteta because they'd probably end up with Eddie Howe as their 'outstanding candidate'

fudging talks.

Identify your man and go in guns a blazing.
Appoint him week after the season ends and let him get to work.

At least make a case to Kane for keeping him rather then just contractually.
So far two of our targets have already been known to have jobs tied up already.

I suggest that Levy stop pretending to be a huge spurs fan and just come and say it how it is rather than being the only chairman in the world that cries about how difficult the market is season in season out.

I want levy to come out and say that the club is only interested in trying to compete and fingers crossed 8t works out.

I suggest levy leave football matters to people that know football. I doubt he was this super fan growing up thinking about the next sensation that would be perfect for us or what players that the team needs.

He just sees what deal is about. Other clubs seems to get their transfers in and out of the team but we seems to constantly bricking watermelons out of arses sideways.

Tell me how happy you are with Spurs with Enic.

Ill answer, they have had their turn and built a brilliant stadium, but now it's time to either change transfer policy or let more capable owners take over.

On the Athletic's Tottenham podcast recently either Jack Pitt Brooke or James Maw told a story about meeting a guy who went to college with Levy. He told them that Levy had no interest in football at that time.

fudging talks.

Identify your man and go in guns a blazing.
Appoint him week after the season ends and let him get to work.

At least make a case to Kane for keeping him rather then just contractually.
So far two of our targets have already been known to have jobs tied up already.

As suggested elsewhere, we're probably down to our final 3-4, which is probably something like Rodgers, Potter, Rangnick, Flick. Maybe one other like Martinez too.

If that was the case, if I were Levy I'd speak to Flick first given that he'd probably rule himself out.

If this is the case, then it would seem like we'll end up in a good place, whether thats RR + BR, RR + GP or just RR...all of those are good outcomes

Just reading about Rangnick on wiki. It includes the line:

"On 9 July 2018, Rangnick took over, once again, as manager of RB Leipzig.[93] This came a year after Sam Allardyce was selected over him to manage England.[94]"

Gobsmacking that Fat Sam got the England gig.....

As suggested elsewhere, we're probably down to our final 3-4, which is probably something like Rodgers, Potter, Rangnick, Flick. Maybe one other like Martinez too.

If that was the case, if I were Levy I'd speak to Flick first given that he'd probably rule himself out.

If this is the case, then it would seem like we'll end up in a good place, whether thats RR + BR, RR + GP or just RR...all of those are good outcomes

Unless they all say no

If we'd brought in tielemans when we could have, he'd've spent 4 seasons stalling while understudying dembele, and his whole career could have gone the way of say bentaleb's. You can't always stockpile players you don't have an immediate role for, especially new signings (as opposed to academy graduates)

We could potentially have signed Tielmans last summer or got him on loan the way Leicester did 6 months before that, instead we had Sissoko and Winks clogging up the midfield.

I suggest that Levy stop pretending to be a huge spurs fan and just come and say it how it is rather than being the only chairman in the world that cries about how difficult the market is season in season out.

I want levy to come out and say that the club is only interested in trying to compete and fingers crossed 8t works out.

I suggest levy leave football matters to people that know football. I doubt he was this super fan growing up thinking about the next sensation that would be perfect for us or what players that the team needs.

He just sees what deal is about. Other clubs seems to get their transfers in and out of the team but we seems to constantly bricking watermelons out of arses sideways.

Tell me how happy you are with Spurs with Enic.

Ill answer, they have had their turn and built a brilliant stadium, but now it's time to either change transfer policy or let more capable owners take over.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make with your first part there - "Levy come out and say it"? What do you mean? He wants a flourishing business, of course, and you get that by being a good football team, which of course means it's in his best interest that Tottenham does well. There's no discrepancy between wanting to make money off of Tottenham and wanting Tottenham to do well on the football pitch, they go hand in hand.

I don't disagree with your second point though - I also think we should hire a guy who understands football who can run the footballing side of things, and personel that can find a proper good deal (just hire the guy at Leicester, ffs) and doesn't say he hates his job. Either we have to be smart and lucky in the transfer market (and hire someone to do a better job than Levy/Hitchens at that), or we have to get a billionaire owner in to be competitive alongside City and Chelski.

I think a big wallet owner becomes an inevitabilty for us at some point - with the facilities we've got we've got to be a pretty decent prospect - I think ENIC is basically just waiting for the right moment to sell the club, but that's another discussion.

From David Hytner's article earlier
"The club have spoken to candidates, including Bayern Munich’s Hansi Flick, although it still seems that he will take over the Germany national team from Joachim Löw after Euro 2020 . There has also been a conversation with Ralf Rangnick, the former RB Leipzig manager. It is unclear whether that was about the manager’s job or a director’s position."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...fer-puts-daniel-levy-in-impossibly-tight-spot

Increases his profile and qualifications for the role. Rangnick DoF, Potter manager. Equally if Leicester fall out of the CL spots, Rodgers might be more gettable

Perhaps this evening is helping our manager recruitment!

Back