• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Yep
An Poch did NONE of that before we appointed him

What point are you making? I’m totally with you there.

I’m drawing a distinction between ETH and Potter. Neither is a huge, proven name. But one has more experience with bigger names, higher expectations and at the latter stages of European football. I think that means something.

I’ve also said a bunch I think Potter would be a decent bet given our situation.

What point are you making? I’m totally with you there.

I’m drawing a distinction between ETH and Potter. Neither is a huge, proven name. But one has more experience with bigger names, higher expectations and at the latter stages of European football. I think that means something.

I’ve also said a bunch I think Potter would be a decent bet given our situation.
Sorry i thought you was referring to Poch

That would be an interesting match - if you're correct does that make Redknapp a massive underachiever considering he done less in a weaker league or Poch a massive overachiever?
Both. Harry had the better side I've always said but his team lacked a striker. Our strikers in that period were bunk. We flipping started Peter useless Crouch. Kane in that side and I think we really do win something.

We created so many bloody chances but had no one who could put the fudging ball in the back of the consistently. The one time we had a semi decent striker in Adebayour we were comfortably 3rd and on the edge of the title race. And Ade wasn't even a goal scorer, he was a support striker who liked setting up goals more than he liked scoring them.

Both. Harry had the better side I've always said but his team lacked a striker. Our strikers in that period were bunk. We flipping started Peter useless Crouch. Kane in that side and I think we really do win something.

We created so many bloody chances but had no one who could put the fudging ball in the back of the consistently. The one time we had a semi decent striker in Adebayour we were comfortably 3rd and on the edge of the title race. And Ade wasn't even a goal scorer, he was a support striker who liked setting up goals more than he liked scoring them.
Both Redknapp and Poch significantly overachieved compared to resources.

So Potternham Potspur or Erik Tottenhag?
Potter is a decent coach but we need more than decent. Ten Hag I have no idea really. Was he the coach of Ajax when we beat them in the CL?
If so despite our amazing turnaround in the 2nd leg I liked what I saw of that Ajax side especially when they beat Madrid and us in the 1st leg and would welcome the football they played transferred to our side via ETH.

‘ ..you’re interested in the job then? Great... just a couple of caveats... Harry is doing the off, purse strings are a bit tight but you’ve got 15M ....” [GP leaves that chat]

This is from the Athletic's View From the Lane podcast.
http://podfollow.com/view-from-the-lane

It remains unclear from listenting to it if this a shortlist they came up with for the podcast to discuss the candidates or a piece of info JPB got.

Riiiiiight. This makes sense.

JPB was on 5 Live tonight and mentioned Ten Hag. Again, wasn't clear whether his opinion or that he'd been told something. Hope he's been told something. Fear it's his opinion. Martinez was also spoken about.

New guy walking into the club next week -

Zki6LEk.gif

I seriously worry about the level of coach being spoken about taking over a Kane-less Spurs.

In terms of signings, how will that work? Who are we likely to attract with these names as manager.

I seriously worry about the level of coach being spoken about taking over a Kane-less Spurs.

In terms of signings, how will that work? Who are we likely to attract with these names as manager.

The key is getting a manager who can install a system and identity back into the team. We had no attacking tactics under Jose and need a manager with a pre-seaosn to install a system

I dont think signings will be a problem - we'll still be able to attract the sort of players which we target.

At the back, Sessegnon coming back means Davies is surplus to requirements, we have funds coming in for FOyth (probably) and we dont need 3 RBs, so Aurier can leave. That's 3 outgoings and for every CB we sign, we can sell one. So if you solely focus on defenders, we should have the ability to completely revamp it

If Kane goes, then with £150m we could sign 2 CFs and a RW and have a revitalised forward line, and bring in players who could be around for 5-10 years

Don’t think who the coach is matters on who we can attract, i’m hoping we go in a different direction with recruitment, look at Leicester, hardly a massive pull but they bring in the right players at the right time. Ndidi, Teliemans(sp) both top quality additions that would cost upwards of £40m now.

If we'd brought in tielemans when we could have, he'd've spent 4 seasons stalling while understudying dembele, and his whole career could have gone the way of say bentaleb's. You can't always stockpile players you don't have an immediate role for, especially new signings (as opposed to academy graduates)

If we'd brought in tielemans when we could have, he'd've spent 4 seasons stalling while understudying dembele, and his whole career could have gone the way of say bentaleb's. You can't always stockpile players you don't have an immediate role for, especially new signings (as opposed to academy graduates)
Tielemans would have gotten on ahead of Demebele and definitely Winks and Sissoko which what our shambles of a midfield became.

Back