• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Or a step up as he has won more trophies elsewhere before joining us and still has won more than Poch as a manager

Mate, he won things in *Sweden*. Not things, plural - he won a single top-flight cup in Sweden, once.

Maurizio Pochettino, Poch's son, could probably win that in Sweden. No offence to Potter, but if we hire him, it's because of his imaginary goals stats and him being the anti-Mourinho - not because of his Svenska Cup in 2017.

Or a step up as he has won more trophies elsewhere before joining us and still has won more than Poch as a manager

I’m willing to say he may well work out and do really well, but he’s not remotely a step up from Poch whichever way you look at it. Certainly not the Poch we had at the end.

Poch learnt a lot with us over his time. Managing bigger egos, game management against big teams, strategy over two legged European ties under the highest pressure. That roostertail is something Potter would have to develop quite quickly.

Mate, he won things in *Sweden*. Not things, plural - he won a single top-flight cup in Sweden, once.

Maurizio Pochettino, Poch's son, could probably win that in Sweden. No offence to Potter, but if we hire him, it's because of his imaginary goals stats and him being the anti-Mourinho - not because of his Svenska Cup in 2017.
It’s kinda like wining a cup in France with PsG
And of course considering out lack of trophies it’s that easy to win thing then

no one will be a step up from Poch lads, did you not know? we had one of the top, widely respected, up and coming to big things managers. How many managers get sacked and go on to a bigger and better club, with bigger status? Doesn't happen often. It's done now, i'm done crying about it, every fudgein name on the list is effectively a step down. that's our bed, Levy made for us, and we have to lie in it.

FYI - not saying Potter will be great or the messiah, but as i said before, Poch was not the favoured option, we were gutted to miss out on Louis Van Gaal. So let's give him a fair crack if he's the chosen one.

Potter does have more wins at the Emirates than Tottenham Hotspur, so there's one thing.

Paywall article

The Athletic's Jack Pitt-Brook claims our managerial shortlist is: Erik Ten-Hag, Roberto Martinez, Graham Potter, Ralf Rangnick

no one will be a step up from Poch lads, did you not know? we had one of the top, widely respected, up and coming to big things managers. How many managers get sacked and go on to a bigger and better club, with bigger status? Doesn't happen often. It's done now, i'm done crying about it, every fudgein name on the list is effectively a step down. that's our bed, Levy made for us, and we have to lie in it.

FYI - not saying Potter will be great or the messiah, but as i said before, Poch was not the favoured option, we were gutted to miss out on Louis Van Gaal. So let's give him a fair crack if he's the chosen one.

Potter does have more wins at the Emirates than Tottenham Hotspur, so there's one thing.
We didn’t have any of that when we recruited Poch
We brought in a young manager with 4 years experience and a sacking after having his team bottom of the league
But it turned out he was great
We love him
He almost won things
He improved the team immensely that he inherited
And he United the fan base
But ... most fans didn’t want him when we recruited him...

For similar reasons to Rodgers. Less to do with my opinion on his capability (because that’s near enough meaningless) but because of what it says about our standing in the game, our ambition, and the pitch we have for the top candidates.

We didn’t have any of that when we recruited Poch
We brought in a young manager with 4 years experience and a sacking after having his team bottom of the league
But it turned out he was great
We love him
He almost won things
He improved the team immensely that he inherited
And he United the fan base
But ... most fans didn’t want him when we recruited him...

nobody wanted Pcoh, or Harry or Jol
Harry's team was a lot closer to Poch's than people give credit for
in the end, they all fell short ..

For similar reasons to Rodgers. Less to do with my opinion on his capability (because that’s near enough meaningless) but because of what it says about our standing in the game, our ambition, and the pitch we have for the top candidates.
But he has already turned us down....

It’s kinda like wining a cup in France with PsG
And of course considering out lack of trophies it’s that easy to win thing then
It's was so far from winning the cup with PSG as its possible to be! He took the team from tier 4 to tier 1 in 5 seasons. A team from a small city in the middle of nowhere, a team and city with absolutely no history of football. A more relevant comparison would be to win the FA cup with Stevenage or Torquay, without any significant investment in the team.

But he has already turned us down....

I don’t really debate from a ‘camp’ and I’ve qualified everything I’ve said on this and other subjects with ‘if this is true’. I’m also very open about the reasons for my opinions and my openness to be proven wrong. If we get ETH, I’ll be delighted.

Now...I’m refreshing my Athletic feed and can’t seem to find this article.

He won two lower league titles as they rose through the pyramid there too.

Are trophies in Sweden easier to win with a Swedish side than an English trophy with an English side?

I think for an English manager to succeed abroad it is a big positive sign for their mentality/adaptability etc

It's was so far from winning the cup with PSG as its possible to be! He took the team from tier 4 to tier 1 in 5 seasons. A team from a small city in the middle of nowhere, a team and city with absolutely no history of football. A more relevant comparison would be to win the FA cup with Stevenage or Torquay, without any significant investment in the team.
Yep
My sarcasm didn’t travel well

Back