• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Just read an article saying Poch is not in the running and hasn't been seriously considered since the start. Jesus. Do you think we'll have another 6 weeks at least of this!?

Is he though? Do we know for sure there aren't better managers out there? Do we know that a Slot, or a Kompany, or a Gallardo are inferior, or at a minimum the same level as Poch? As great as Poch was for us at the time, maybe there is someone who currently is better than him. I don't know, but I wouldn't jump at appointing Poch without doing some very thorough due diligence. And if said due diligence points to Poch, then I'd feel more comfortable about appointing him.
Who do you want leading our front line next season - Kane, Parrott or Scarlett?

Now Scarlett may have an incredible breakout season. But 99.5% of the time you go with the sure thing

Just read an article saying Poch is not in the running and hasn't been seriously considered since the start. Jesus. Do you think we'll have another 6 weeks at least of this!?
The only reason that Poch would not be in the running is if he has already ruled himself out. Any sensible recruitment process would be looking at him. That does not necessarily mean he is the one who must/ or will be appointed but I would be really surprised if he is not being considered on a shortlist because there is simply no good, objective reason for him not to be. So I wouldn't pay any attention to reports at the moment. There is too much speculation out there to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
He's the outstanding candidate by miles on all criteria. The one issue is just that Levy would need to admit a mistake, and accept that the last 3.5 years has just been one huge bin fire
He's the one that would unite the club plus he'd get us playing attractive football. The big question is whether will he be willing to work under a DoF and stay well away from transfers. If not then he shouldn't be considered.

He's the one that would unite the club plus he'd get us playing attractive football. The big question is whether will he be willing to work under a DoF and stay well away from transfers. If not then he shouldn't be considered.

I don’t remember much attractive football in the last year or so of his tenure to be fair.

It has to be him though, to get the fans back on side, anyone else and the magic chants will start as soon as we concede.

Shame Levy can’t sack the fans too.

Reactions: DTA
I'm sure every neutral will say they did, my heart didn't

It was horrible, as was all bar the last 10 seconds of the Ajax tie.

I don’t know how anyone can be neutral in football, there is always someone I want to lose, most teams have some ex dipper clam in them if nothing else.

I don’t remember much attractive football in the last year or so of his tenure to be fair.

It has to be him though, to get the fans back on side, anyone else and the magic chants will start as soon as we concede.

Shame Levy can’t sack the fans too.
True, performances for the last year were generally poor.

Who do you want leading our front line next season - Kane, Parrott or Scarlett?

Now Scarlett may have an incredible breakout season. But 99.5% of the time you go with the sure thing
You are taking it as a given that, if we appoint Poch, Kane will sign a new contract (not to mention you are assuming we will not sign a striker if Kane leaves). Kane will sign a new contract if he sees that the team has a chance to win something in the next couple of years. Appointing Poch doesn't necessarily guarantee this and, for all we know, we might achieve this under a different manager.

You are taking it as a given that, if we appoint Poch, Kane will sign a new contract (not to mention you are assuming we will not sign a striker if Kane leaves). Kane will sign a new contract if he sees that the team has a chance to win something in the next couple of years. Appointing Poch doesn't necessarily guarantee this and, for all we know, we might achieve this under a different manager.

I meant it as an analogy. I meant Poch is like Kane. 10 years performing at the very top - proven, and in our particular context.

Whereas Slot and De Zerbi are like Parrott and Scarlett - look promising at lower levels and in short cameos. Might be the next Kane in a couple of years. More likely to be the next Lee Barnard or Jon Obika.

downfall had started months before, that wolves game where we turned 2-0 into 2-3 was the turning point
Yea we got completely taken apart by them in the 2nd half.

i remember saying to mates around Christmas that year when we were a couple of points off top and we’d not even remotely played well, if we could start hitting some form again we could have a push for the title. Unfortunately the opposite happened and results started to match the performances and we limped to 4th. Champions League run was amazing though, made it to the final on heart alone.

Back