• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Obviously every appointment is risk :rolleyes: But you can still minimise it. I wouldn’t be happy appointing a manager with one Championship season of experience.

Technically he’s also managed Anderlecht. So has a tad more experience.

I think he’d be very popular. Play good football. And never ever shy away. But but but a lot depends on his team. He’s not that experienced and having able lieutenants is crucial.

“Levy” is often tagged to club decisions. Sometimes fairly often not. I think Kompany could well be a Paratici recommendation.

Slot is an interesting option. If these two are our shortlist, I am content.

Good if true. Don’t think he’s the right fit and importantly means we don’t have to faff around until July to find out.

Poch, Ange or Slot please.
~

Officially turned us down on a day when Kompany was officially our number one target, I mean the press are having a decent day of it today......I am sure some will be debating the whys and why notes despite conflicting reporting.

On a personal note I fully expect this decision to come summer

~

Officially turned us down on a day when Kompany was officially our number one target, I mean the press are having a decent day of it today......I am sure some will be debating the whys and why notes despite conflicting reporting.

On a personal note I fully expect this decision to come summer
That Bild Twitter headline is a bit misleading - it says Nagelsman turned down Spurs approach right after he was sacked because he wanted time to reflect after Munich. Not that he has rejected us full stop....

That Bild Twitter headline is a bit misleading - it says Nagelsman turned down Spurs approach right after he was sacked because he wanted time to reflect after Munich. Not that he has rejected us full stop....
Fair play, I'm pretty sure there will be alot of same day conflicting reports before this is done though

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Watch Slot's Feynoord, its attack, none of this ridiculous sideways and backwards for 15 passes before trying to go forward
I like it

I do too but there's always the chance that you go gung-ho in the PL and get undone a few times at the back and everyone's all up in arms.. Think how Bielsa was trying to outscore teams towards the end.

He's my no.1 choice at this point though, I'd be willing to give him that chance, Buy a new GK and a couple of CBs etc. and try and play a bit more expressive again... it feels a long time already since the peak Poch era

I do too but there's always the chance that you go gung-ho in the PL and get undone a few times at the back and everyone's all up in arms.. Think how Bielsa was trying to outscore teams towards the end.

He's my no.1 choice at this point though, I'd be willing to give him that chance, Buy a new GK and a couple of CBs etc. and try and play a bit more expressive again... it feels a long time already since the peak Poch era
Bielsa was doing it with bang average players
Slog is doing it too at feynoord with a similar calibre of players relative to the league
Give him players go our calibre and if will be really interesting

Bielsa was doing it with bang average players
Slog is doing it too at feynoord with a similar calibre of players relative to the league
Give him players go our calibre and if will be really interesting

Yep, With some reinforcements at the back I'd love to see him given the chance. Apparently he is actually keen to come. I assume we can't get him til the season ends though.

At first glance, Arne Slot seems the most interesting; he seems matured and has a preference for offensive football. It would be interesting to see how balanced he can be.

Watched the second half. They look to forward quickly, wingers nice and direct as well.

Noticed that when they were passing it around then back and got pressed that they wasn't afraid to go long which was refreshing to see.

Obviously every appointment is risk :rolleyes: But you can still minimise it. I wouldn’t be happy appointing a manager with one Championship season of experience.
He was 4 seasons in Anderlecht and took them from 8th to 3rd and 4th. After he left, they're back in 8th again.

He knows how to defend, and have shown, with both Anderlecht and Burnley, that he can get teams to play attractive AND effective football.

He's not my first choice, but I'm warming to it. Always liked Kompany. Always came across as a sensible and likable person, and he has a proven winner mentality. He knows the league and seems to get the best out of every player.

Think we could do a lot worse than Kompany.

I use to think the transfer thread was like slowly sinking in a vat of brick but this is becoming even more tiresome, yeah I know "you don't have to read it" to which I would answer if you don't like what's going on at the club you don't have to follow them, but I look in the hope there might be some news rather the same points being repeatedly made, experience should tell me that's a fruitless ambition. The only certainty is whoever we get will not be right to certain groups and their initial popularity with the others will decline the longer they are with the club.

Anyone see Feyenoord v Roma this evening? (1-0)
Roma was playing typical Jose football. Feyenoord was constantly pushing the ball forward, even when Roma's defense was set. No passing around the back to try and pull them out of position. Just forward and try to win the ball back in Roma's half. They did get lucky not to concede on a couple of occasions, but overall it was a relatively even game. With better players it could have been a higher scoreline. I also think they tired a bit towards the end. Will be interesting to see how they do at the Olimpico with a lead to defend. Will they play the same style, or be more conservative and defensive?

Roma was playing typical Jose football. Feyenoord was constantly pushing the ball forward, even when Roma's defense was set. No passing around the back to try and pull them out of position. Just forward and try to win the ball back in Roma's half. They did get lucky not to concede on a couple of occasions, but overall it was a relatively even game. With better players it could have been a higher scoreline. I also think they tired a bit towards the end. Will be interesting to see how they do at the Olimpico with a lead to defend. Will they play the same style, or be more conservative and defensive?
I can’t see them playing any different myself

Back