• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Conte has had outbursts throughout his time at Spurs, sacking him with no coherent plan for last quarter of the season is poor.

Do you think we were left with any option?

Here's my take (open, as always, to criticism/alternate view)

Conte had been dealing with inordinate, building stress since Ventrone died. I don't believe he got all he wanted in the summer window, but he said he was 'happy', so we take him at his word. The stress built further with World Cup disruption. I believe it played a huge part; he is a man who likes to control situations, and in the end, he could not. Romero was clearly scared to be hurt and miss the tournament, thus he sat a couple of weeks out (in fairness, given what Argentina did, a wise m move for him).

January again yielded none of what Conte wanted (Danjuma was another Spence for him) until the final day of the window when he got a new RWB. I'd wager that he wanted him a month earlier. Meanwhile, Paratici's BS cannot have helped matters. Add the friends deaths. Add his own medical emergency, and subsequent ludicrous attempt to come back too fast. Pressure building.

The Soton 'collapse' as such hinged oil a brick penalty decision, but straw and camels. I'd wager Conte always has a bomb in his pocket, but even he found himself emoting in a more colorful way than he expected. He crossed a few deep lines which even caught him by surprise. His reported attempts to back-track/clarify with Levy seem to give that impression. It appears, however, that a dressing room already bewildered and shoved from left to right to left in chaotic fashion for most of the season could not forgive. I get the impression it was considered an untenable bridge. I further get the impression that they tried to build that bridge for Conte, waiting until players were not on international duties to feel out the dressing room.

I think both the club and Conte thought they'd see this through to the summer, but this unexpectedly blew up in their faces.

I think the wider point I'd agree with, is we have looked hugely rudderless for at least half this season, a squad built for a single system which has run it's course and revealed it's huge weaknesses once two or three key injuries occur (and the loss of Bentancur has been massive).

It's why despite the situation (far far from ideal as it relies solely on player pride to get 4th which is going to be tough) I am at least relieved they didn't dive into a fast appointment of, say, Rodgers, only to find that falls short too.

There is no doubt they need to have a direction and philosophy from the board to the first 11 to recruitment when it comes to football. Who are we and what are we going to be about...it can't be 3-4-fudging-3 any more!!!!

We should interview Sol. Then a second time, and a third. Make him think it's nailed on. Get a contract drafted, crunch some numbers. Then at the last minute, appoint someone else.

And tell him there is a stewarding job available at minimum wage and that he is more than welcome to apply since he suites the role. The club is an equal opportunities employer.

And tell him there is a stewarding job available at minimum wage and that he is more than welcome to apply since he suites the role. The club is an equal opportunities employer.

Do you think he'd throw a sickie when Chelsea or West Ham were visiting, like he used to when he knew he'd be marking Duncan Ferguson?

The way Kompany has transformed Burnley is brilliant. Getting them to completely change the way they play, with an attractive brand of football but not only that but them also cruising to win the Championship with this style is extremely impressive.

Those saying we shouldn’t be in for him because he would take the City job at some point, he might not be offered that for a few years. And whoever comes here there is always a good chance that they will not be here that long for various potential reasons. The idea of some project manager coming on baord that is just going to stay here for years and we ride off into the sunset together is fanciful at best. Even if Konpany was to leave in a couple of years there would be plenty of other good managers available. I wouldn’t mind him at all…..

The way Kompany has transformed Burnley is brilliant. Getting them to completely change the way they play, with an attractive brand of football but not only that but them also cruising to win the Championship with this style is extremely impressive.

Those saying we shouldn’t be in for him because he would take the City job at some point, he might not be offered that for a few years. And whoever comes here there is always a good chance that they will not be here that long for various potential reasons. The idea of some project manager coming on baord that is just going to stay here for years and we ride off into the sunset together is fanciful at best. Even if Konpany was to leave in a couple of years there would be plenty of other good managers available. I wouldn’t mind him at all…..

Ok, so forget the City thing. You're happy with a guy who's managed 1 season in the Championship? He might very well turn into a brilliant manager. But can we afford the risk?

Ok, so forget the City thing. You're happy with a guy who's managed 1 season in the Championship? He might very well turn into a brilliant manager. But can we afford the risk?
What manager isnt a risk? Was Poch a sure thing? When Kompany was a player Guardiola said Kompany was guaranteed to be a top manager one day. He always has come across as studious and is not a surprise he is doing well. Have you watched much of Burnley? It's no fluke to play an attractive brand of football whilst storming to the Championship title, that is such a tough thing to do. Would he be my first choice? Probably not. But if are prepared to give him a platform and environment where we allow him to develop then I would be all for it....

What manager isnt a risk? Was Poch a sure thing? When Kompany was a player Guardiola said Kompany was guaranteed to be a top manager one day. He always has come across as studious and is not a surprise he is doing well. Have you watched much of Burnley? It's no fluke to play an attractive brand of football whilst storming to the Championship title, that is such a tough thing to do. Would he be my first choice? Probably not. But if are prepared to give him a platform and environment where we allow him to develop then I would be all for it....
Playing good football in the division is tough
Playing it and winning is tougher still
But he also has had significant investment proportionate to others
I think he has potential to a be a top manager, but right now we need as much of a certainty as we can get

Playing good football in the division is tough
Playing it and winning is tougher still
But he also has had significant investment proportionate to others
I think he has potential to a be a top manager, but right now we need as much of a certainty as we can get

Mourinho and Conte were “certainties”. Let’s stay away from egomaniacs who happen to have picked up some pots with spendthrift clubs.

Back