• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
There's a lot of value in the place being named after the club. Maybe not as much as the cash value of the naming rights, hard to tell without a lot more data.

But every time someone watches an event at our stadium, the club name is very prominent. That increased global awareness of the club is bringing value somewhere. Certainly a lot more than making some fans go misty eyed by naming it after someone.
How is it bringing value?

Unless you accept blood money, and the club has stated that won't happen, there's only a very few companies that fit the profile, and are wealthy enough to such a large sponsor deal. It is not an easy deal to find.
If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.
You mean Levy has been overvaluing the product?

Fair enough. I thought he looked like his heart wasn’t in it but he’d see it out until June but even that should’ve set off alarm bells.

Think we're on the same page here. Balance of probabilities, I would have said he'd see out the season but the risk of him going beforehand was very real. Levy should have been looking at it the same way and lining up replacements. Maybe he was to be fair. Us fans sometimes think that getting a manager in at this point is an easy job (much like transfers). I'm sure there is a lot of unseen work and heartache that goes into it and maybe the club couldn't get someone they think is suitable until the summer.

Chelsea got Frank Lampard and Leicester got Dean Smith. Neither of those would have been anywhere near the top of the wish list for their respective fan bases.

It's a strange one. We'd have had offers no doubt. But there would be a reason we didn't accept them. Maybe not enough money. Maybe some other reason? I believe many of the big sponsorship deals in europe are linked to the ownership of the clubs in. Etihad city, jeep juve, alianz byern, leicester king power... might be enic are looking to sell and keeping a blank slate? Or advertising the tottenham hotspur name is worthwhile to them.

Hopefully munn does some press conferences when he comes in and answers these type of questions.
From conversations with a few marketing directors in the corp sector we were asking for ~25m a year when 15m a year was considered to be the highest achievable. So we’re now about £60m and counting down on revenue.

I didn’t see Conte leaving before the end of the season. He hasn’t done that before afaik. At Chelsea he bitched and moaned almost throughout the whole of his second (and final) season but still waited until the end and won a cup before he was gone. I think mentally he’s lost it this year. Should we have preempted his melt-down? Easy in hindsight.
We either should’ve got rid of him with a replacement lined up or kept him until the end of the season. Putting Stellini in charge for the last 10 games was ridiculous.

From conversations with a few marketing directors in the corp sector we were asking for ~25m a year when 15m a year was considered to be the highest achievable. So we’re now about £60m and counting down on revenue.

Or they just don't think £15m a year is worth more than being known as the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium? It's an advertisement for the club for nfl, rugby, boxing, beyonce...

I'd imagine it's being used in negotiations for outside investment/takeover talks. As others have pointed out it'd be an easy win to pump money in to the club whilst getting around ffp rules - though I'm sure had an outside company met our valuation then something would have ben agreed by now, however it's only 4 or 5 years in that we are starting to see the potential for the number of different events that can be hosted, easy to imagine that the valuation of any sponsorship deal signed early on would not be as high as it could be.

You could see the Conte situation coming since around January. There were a lot of worrying noises coming out of the club and it was clear Conte wasn't here beyond the summer. Given his personality and track record, him combusting like he did was always a big risk. To then replace him with a guy who has hardly any managerial experience, when we were close to the driving seat for CL football, beggars belief.

Similarly, the Jose situation had been clearly brewing for months before the trigger was pulled. To do it the week of a cup final with no real back up plan was reckless. No other club I can think of has ever operated like we do.

Levy's done a lot of good and I'm not anti-ENIC by any means. But there is no excuse for what's gone on with our managers over the last four years.

I would agree with that and further say that anyone with a sense of Conte would've known what Ventronne's death had done to him. The risk of combustion was always big, but given that we had not identified targets and were still (ludicrously IMO) sticking with Paratici, parting with Conte in Jan would've been a zero outcome. We'd have looked like a club with no compassion, he wasn't ready to leave at that moment, so we were trapped. I still think it is the smartest thing we could've done in the short amount of time. I have seen people suggest we should've brought in someone like Redknapp for am short-term. I think that's insanity, besides which, last time Levy got Harry in on a short-term, he ended up being stuck with him!!!

I agree no other club operates quite like us (save modern Chelski)...as for Mourinho's sacking? I understand the angst, I completely get the lack of logic, but I'd be lying if I didn't say seeing him sacked delighted me. Stupid for sure, but I can't always claim high faculties hahahahaha!

Genuinely not hindsight. Before the Palace game, I was pretty sure he was going to go. Once he had the break for health reasons, the risk increased again. Negligent if they didn't sound alternatives out particularly with so much to play for. Maybe they did and no-one suitable is willing to touch it until the summer.

I think this is the case.
Right now, the top 4 flirtation is great as we have hope, but ultimately, if we miss out because we didn't go full-roar into a replacement but manage to get the next managerial appt right, it will have been the best outcome IMO.

We either should’ve got rid of him with a replacement lined up or kept him until the end of the season. Putting Stellini in charge for the last 10 games was ridiculous.

How would you have kept him for the rest of the season when several players were clearly not going to play for him? Who would you have replaced him with? Don't say Poch, we both know...

I would agree with that and further say that anyone with a sense of Conte would've known what Ventronne's death had done to him. The risk of combustion was always big, but given that we had not identified targets and were still (ludicrously IMO) sticking with Paratici, parting with Conte in Jan would've been a zero outcome. We'd have looked like a club with no compassion, he wasn't ready to leave at that moment, so we were trapped. I still think it is the smartest thing we could've done in the short amount of time. I have seen people suggest we should've brought in someone like Redknapp for am short-term. I think that's insanity, besides which, last time Levy got Harry in on a short-term, he ended up being stuck with him!!!

I agree no other club operates quite like us (save modern Chelski)...as for Mourinho's sacking? I understand the angst, I completely get the lack of logic, but I'd be lying if I didn't say seeing him sacked delighted me. Stupid for sure, but I can't always claim high faculties hahahahaha!

Was that a bad thing? Poch did better but the best football i've seen us play was under redknapp.

Because the name of the club is front and foremost.

"Beyonce, live from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium"
"Jaguars VS Colts at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium"
"Joshua VS Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium"
Etc

"Beyonce, live from the Saudi Bone Saw Arena" doesn't have the same effect.
But for a person attending the stadium for that gig why does it make any difference? How does it translate to more revenue by it being called the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?

I'd imagine it's being used in negotiations for outside investment/takeover talks. As others have pointed out it'd be an easy win to pump money in to the club whilst getting around ffp rules - though I'm sure had an outside company met our valuation then something would have ben agreed by now, however it's only 4 or 5 years in that we are starting to see the potential for the number of different events that can be hosted, easy to imagine that the valuation of any sponsorship deal signed early on would not be as high as it could be.
We already know how many non football events can be hosted, up to 16, no more than 6 of which can be concerts.

Was that a bad thing? Poch did better but the best football i've seen us play was under redknapp.

That is, indeed, a matter of discussion (we did play some great stuff at times and we had some amazing players). What I meant was that Levy brought Redknapp in thinking it was a bridge for the season to keep us up, but Harry did so well he found he couldn't sack him, even though he didn't really want him long-term.

Back