• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Well yes, it’s been 4 years and we still don’t have a deal. After how long exactly do you think it’s reasonable to ask questions why they haven’t sorted it yet?
Fair enough, but I'm not too fussed. I don't think that is what is holding us back. At the same time, Levy might have been expecting our on the field performance would have been better than it has, which would translate into a more lucrative deal. Who knows. But it's nice to have that extra revenue stream in our back pocket to use it if needed. And it's also nice that in this day and age where everyone sells everything for a price, our stadium is still named after our team and not some corporate entity.

There have been small signs in the past week that the board are beginning to react to the growing dissatisfaction; for example, the season ticket freeze and the appointment of Scott Munn.

That’s just speculative though. I highly doubt Scott Munn’s appointment is something only thought of in the last couple of weeks (since those so-called “PR disasters") It very likely would have been in planning for many months.

Season tickets - who knows? Some random on Twitter put out a rumour and suddenly there’s a meltdown. The club announces a freeze and it’s still viewed in a cynical way.

Last edited:
No one has even brought up the farce with the naming rights for the stadium. Once again, we’re just expected to wait indefinitely until Levy finds the perfect deal. If it’s not a great deal you can bet people will point to the economy/cost of living crisis as a reason why it’s underwhelming. It will get spun no matter what the figure is. Why not just name it after a former player or club legend like Nicholson if there’s no sign of any deal in the foreseeable future? The Bill Nicholson stadium has a better ring to it than the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

Honestly, how is that something worth worrying about? Who cares? The deal will be done when it’s done.

But you see you highlighted exactly the point. I completely agree, I was there Saturday and a lot of people turned up with the intention of being toxic, 10 games left in a season with a caretaker manager but we think being toxic in stadium is going to help?

As I said, we will see, the corner of supporting the team has come and gone, people have agendas, be it being entertained, be it they want Levy out, whatever, I don't see the days of WHL returning and that is more than just a commentary on this season or board decisions.
I would argue that very few people went with the intention of being toxic.

You could also turn the final sentence in your first paragraph round the other way round…. Is deciding to play the last 10 games of the season with the organ grinder’s monkey, despite being in 4th place when that decision was made, likely to contribute to a toxic atmosphere?

In recent years our chairman has decided to play a Cup final with Ryan Mason as manager and now the last (just over) quarter of the PL season with Stellini in charge. I don’t there is another club in the PL who would have those individuals managing their team.

I was interested to read the write up in the Times at the weekend…. I quote word for word:

Perhaps it was to do Brighton a disservice anyway to consider this an audition at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, given that only one of these teams is the product of a cohesive, forward-thinking and harmonious club and it is not the one without either a managing director of football or a permanent head coach.

Last edited:
Well yes, it’s been 4 years and we still don’t have a deal. After how long exactly do you think it’s reasonable to ask questions why they haven’t sorted it yet?
Unless you accept blood money, and the club has stated that won't happen, there's only a very few companies that fit the profile, and are wealthy enough to such a large sponsor deal. It is not an easy deal to find.
If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.

I would argue that very few people went with the intention of being toxic.

You could also turn the final sentence in your first paragraph round the other way round…. Is deciding to play the last 10 games of the season with the organ grinder’s monkey, despite being in 4th place when that decision was made, likely to contribute to a toxic atmosphere. In recent years our chairman has decided to play a Cup final with Ryan Mason as manager and now the last (just over) quarter of the PL season with Stellini in charge. I don’t there is another club in the PL who would have those individuals managing their team.

I was interested to read the write up in the Times at the weekend…. I quote word for word:

Perhaps it was to do Brighton a disservice anyway to consider this an audition at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, given that only one of these teams is the product of a cohesive, forward-thinking and harmonious club and it is not the one without either a managing director of football or a permanent head coach.

We agree on much, including exactly where this club fudged itself in the last 4 years, but in the spirit of discussion/debate, I have to counter a few things (boldface above)...

What did people expect? Conte took everyone by surprise when he took the nuclear exit (I suspect people thought he'd wait until the summer). Mason wasn't in a place to take it on due to newborn impending (since born), so short of sacking all of them, wheeling in a Lampard-esque manager, and gambling on these players being able to process a total turnaround, I am not sure what anyone expected? I'd have loved them to identify Poch, I'd have loved them to have had their brick together re: Paratici, but given where it ended up, I think they made the most sensible decision. This next appt is too important. We as a club and fan base have to choose a path. Do we want to keep chasing pots short-term with big-names who think they're doing us a favor (whilst not supporting them in a way they are accustomed to) or do we commit to a project again in the knowledge that whilst Beyonce fills the gaff 5 times over, income will be just fine, and perhaps we can regroup and rediscover ourselves as Tottenham Hotspur again. My heart hopes we somehow squeeze 4th, my head says that if we get the appts right, perhaps the rebuild without such pressure could be OK.

As for The Times, it's too easy. We all know how well run Brighton are, superbly in fact, and we all know their modern roots owe to Barber as much as anyone. What we should also remember is however much DeZerbi was tinkled off by it, Brighton are Brighton and Tottenham are Tottenham. The expectations and pressure are (quite rightly) far greater here.

I am hoping that the appointment of Munn is a step towards removing the current board from involvement in the football side (all of them not just DL) and will allow the football side a greater buffer and independence from that side of the club...we shall see...

We agree on much, including exactly where this club fudged itself in the last 4 years, but in the spirit of discussion/debate, I have to counter a few things (boldface above)...

What did people expect? Conte took everyone by surprise when he took the nuclear exit (I suspect people thought he'd wait until the summer). Mason wasn't in a place to take it on due to newborn impending (since born), so short of sacking all of them, wheeling in a Lampard-esque manager, and gambling on these players being able to process a total turnaround, I am not sure what anyone expected? I'd have loved them to identify Poch, I'd have loved them to have had their brick together re: Paratici, but given where it ended up, I think they made the most sensible decision. This next appt is too important. We as a club and fan base have to choose a path. Do we want to keep chasing pots short-term with big-names who think they're doing us a favor (whilst not supporting them in a way they are accustomed to) or do we commit to a project again in the knowledge that whilst Beyonce fills the gaff 5 times over, income will be just fine, and perhaps we can regroup and rediscover ourselves as Tottenham Hotspur again. My heart hopes we somehow squeeze 4th, my head says that if we get the appts right, perhaps the rebuild without such pressure could be OK.

As for The Times, it's too easy. We all know how well run Brighton are, superbly in fact, and we all know their modern roots owe to Barber as much as anyone. What we should also remember is however much DeZerbi was tinkled off by it, Brighton are Brighton and Tottenham are Tottenham. The expectations and pressure are (quite rightly) far greater here.

I am hoping that the appointment of Munn is a step towards removing the current board from involvement in the football side (all of them not just DL) and will allow the football side a greater buffer and independence from that side of the club...we shall see...

Didn't realise (till yesterday) that the owner of brighton, was a business partner in a data analytics company, with the owner of brentford.

Unless you accept blood money, and the club has stated that won't happen, there's only a very few companies that fit the profile, and are wealthy enough to such a large sponsor deal. It is not an easy deal to find.
If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.

Ok but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask questions after 4 years of no deal. If you can’t understand that then I can’t help you. Not only does it appear to be unreasonable to ask why it hasn’t happened, the vibe seems to be how dare you even bring it up.

Ok but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask questions after 4 years of no deal. If you can’t understand that then I can’t help you. Not only does it appear to be unreasonable to ask why it hasn’t happened, the vibe seems to be how dare you even bring it up.

It's a strange one. We'd have had offers no doubt. But there would be a reason we didn't accept them. Maybe not enough money. Maybe some other reason? I believe many of the big sponsorship deals in europe are linked to the ownership of the clubs in. Etihad city, jeep juve, alianz byern, leicester king power... might be enic are looking to sell and keeping a blank slate? Or advertising the tottenham hotspur name is worthwhile to them.

Hopefully munn does some press conferences when he comes in and answers these type of questions.

You could see the Conte situation coming since around January. There were a lot of worrying noises coming out of the club and it was clear Conte wasn't here beyond the summer. Given his personality and track record, him combusting like he did was always a big risk. To then replace him with a guy who has hardly any managerial experience, when we were close to the driving seat for CL football, beggars belief.

Similarly, the Jose situation had been clearly brewing for months before the trigger was pulled. To do it the week of a cup final with no real back up plan was reckless. No other club I can think of has ever operated like we do.

Levy's done a lot of good and I'm not anti-ENIC by any means. But there is no excuse for what's gone on with our managers over the last four years.

I think the vibe of the response may have been different had it not been described as perfection and Levy effectively fannying around?

there’s been plenty of discussion over the years and even recently about the whys and where fores of the stadium sponsorship and its all been pretty amicable, interesting and informative.

the vibe of a conversation is generally dictated by the opening post on the subject.

You could see the Conte situation coming since around January. There were a lot of worrying noises coming out of the club and it was clear Conte wasn't here beyond the summer. Given his personality and track record, him combusting like he did was always a big risk. To then replace him with a guy who has hardly any managerial experience, when we were close to the driving seat for CL football, beggars belief.

Similarly, the Jose situation had been clearly brewing for months before the trigger was pulled. To do it the week of a cup final with no real back up plan was reckless. No other club I can think of has ever operated like we do.

Levy's done a lot of good and I'm not anti-ENIC by any means. But there is no excuse for what's gone on with our managers over the last four years.
I didn’t see Conte leaving before the end of the season. He hasn’t done that before afaik. At Chelsea he bitched and moaned almost throughout the whole of his second (and final) season but still waited until the end and won a cup before he was gone. I think mentally he’s lost it this year. Should we have preempted his melt-down? Easy in hindsight.

I didn’t see Conte leaving before the end of the season. He hasn’t done that before afaik. At Chelsea he bitched and moaned almost throughout the whole of his second (and final) season but still waited until the end and won a cup before he was gone. I think mentally he’s lost it this year. Should we have preempted his melt-down? Easy in hindsight.

Chelsea sacked him. He then sued for wrongful dismissal and won.

Seems he came to an agreement with spurs. Hence his backroom staff staying on.

Genuinely not hindsight. Before the Palace game, I was pretty sure he was going to go. Once he had the break for health reasons, the risk increased again. Negligent if they didn't sound alternatives out particularly with so much to play for. Maybe they did and no-one suitable is willing to touch it until the summer.

Genuinely not hindsight. Before the Palace game, I was pretty sure he was going to go. Once he had the break for health reasons, the risk increased again. Negligent if they didn't sound alternatives out particularly with so much to play for. Maybe they did and no-one suitable is willing to touch it until the summer.
Fair enough. I thought he looked like his heart wasn’t in it but he’d see it out until June but even that should’ve set off alarm bells.

Back