• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
You are talking like Levy hasn’t been under pressure by the fans to sack every manager that has been sacked. Again Levy is being blamed for doing exactly what the fans wanted, same with recruitment other than Nuno.

You are talking like Levy hasn’t been under pressure by the fans to sack every manager that has been sacked. Again Levy is being blamed for doing exactly what the fans wanted, same with recruitment other than Nuno.
I think Levy feels the pressure from the fans much more than we think he does. Not only in the sackings, but also in the appointments. His Jose and Conte appointments being just that: getting in managers that win trophies to deliver a trophy to the fans. Even though what we needed was a manager more in the mould of Poch to continue the work that he had started (or not sacking Poch to begin with, but that's another story).

- Our fans have become insufferably entitled

no one is going to be happy with anything but final success and even then the bar will be raised.

I don’t agree.

Undoubtedly there are fans who will not be satisfied with anything but us being owned by owners who will pour money in and guarantee trophies, but I don’t think that applies to the vast majority of Spurs supporters. Indeed, despite a clear lack of progress on the field over the past 5 years the stadium continues to be full every match day, even in the midst of a cost of living crisis - so fans continue to show their support despite any silverware, and despite some truly turgid football over the past five years. Not much sign of entitlement there.

What is breeding real dissatisfaction at present is a sense of there not being a long term footballing plan; or clear and competent leadership on the footballing side.

Despite Daniel Levy’s statement about understanding the cub’s DNA, and his promise to appoint managers who will sympathise with it, we’ve had Mourinho, followed by Nuno, followed by Conte. We’ve had the sacking of a proven winner days before a cup final; a farcical search for his successor which ended in panic, days before a new season; the running down of Conte’s contract, ending in a way foreseen by everyone bar, it would appear, the club’s board; and a series of PR disasters, the latest being Paratici’s hostage video.

The majority of people are tinkled off not by a lack of trophies (although winning the odd one would be nice!) but by the same mistakes being repeated at board level; and by the sense that we do not have a unifying figure anywhere within the club who understands the fans, or the club’s footballing history.

Rather than ‘entitled’ fans, I think we actually have some of the most patient (or, if you perhaps wanted to be less kind, passive) in the country.

There have been small signs in the past week that the board are beginning to react to the growing dissatisfaction; for example, the season ticket freeze and the appointment of Scott Munn.

It seems to be that Levy’s next managerial appointment is always described as being crucial - but it really does feel like this next one is. Having been at the game on Saturday, it felt like the board were a Harry Kane goal and some questionable VAR decisions away from a very toxic atmosphere. It was certainly simmering for most of the second half.

He’s paid millions of pounds every year to make difficult decisions.

Are we sure mourinho and conte were appointed to get us over the line and win trophies?

If that was the case levy wouldn’t have sacked mourinho a few days before a cup final.

I think they were appointed purely because levy felt they could improve us but trophies couldn’t have been a central reason behind bringing them in otherwise the timing of that sacking makes zero sense.

Watched the first half of Feyenoord against Waalwijk yesterday. Talk about attacking football. Once the ball went past the halfway line it never went back. No faffing about and exchanging 55 passes between the CBs before attempting to make an attacking move. Once Feyenoord got the ball there was only one direction it ever moved: forward. Granted it was Waalwijk, but when we play lower table opposition we still pass it around the back a million times.

I'm not sure how that would translate in the PL, but it would definitely make for exciting football. I have always been a proponent of quickly attacking as soon as we win the ball back, because it doesn't give the opposition a chance to get fully getting organized and, if we lose the ball, at lease we're losing it deep in the opposition's area. I supposed It would probably also mean we will need some fairly quick CBs and CMs, because it will open us up to counters. But would love to see this style of football at Spurs.
Did you watch them v Ajax in the week?

I want Poch or Slot, and think I'll be a little bit disappointed if its not one of them. But I'll support whoever it is, and regardless of who it will be, he will need a bit of luck to get going. A few losses in a row at the beginning of the season, could ruin something that eventually would be great.

I don’t agree.

Undoubtedly there are fans who will not be satisfied with anything but us being owned by owners who will pour money in and guarantee trophies, but I don’t think that applies to the vast majority of Spurs supporters. Indeed, despite a clear lack of progress on the field over the past 5 years the stadium continues to be full every match day, even in the midst of a cost of living crisis - so fans continue to show their support despite any silverware, and despite some truly turgid football over the past five years. Not much sign of entitlement there.

What is breeding real dissatisfaction at present is a sense of there not being a long term footballing plan; or clear and competent leadership on the footballing side.

Despite Daniel Levy’s statement about understanding the cub’s DNA, and his promise to appoint managers who will sympathise with it, we’ve had Mourinho, followed by Nuno, followed by Conte. We’ve had the sacking of a proven winner days before a cup final; a farcical search for his successor which ended in panic, days before a new season; the running down of Conte’s contract, ending in a way foreseen by everyone bar, it would appear, the club’s board; and a series of PR disasters, the latest being Paratici’s hostage video.

The majority of people are tinkled off not by a lack of trophies (although winning the odd one would be nice!) but by the same mistakes being repeated at board level; and by the sense that we do not have a unifying figure anywhere within the club who understands the fans, or the club’s footballing history.

Rather than ‘entitled’ fans, I think we actually have some of the most patient (or, if you perhaps wanted to be less kind, passive) in the country.

There have been small signs in the past week that the board are beginning to react to the growing dissatisfaction; for example, the season ticket freeze and the appointment of Scott Munn.

It seems to be that Levy’s next managerial appointment is always described as being crucial - but it really does feel like this next one is. Having been at the game on Saturday, it felt like the board were a Harry Kane goal and some questionable VAR decisions away from a very toxic atmosphere. It was certainly simmering for most of the second half.

Exactly this. Entitlement? Are you kidding me! I think we’ve been one of the most patient fan bases in the league given the shambles we’ve had to put up with in terms of footballing decisions the last 5 years. The point was made before if Levy had appointed someone to make those calls and they got them all so spectacularly wrong, that person would no longer be in the job. He’s answerable to the board but he makes them lots of money which is all that matters. If anything it’s Levy who is the impatient one, sacking managers at the first sign of trouble, can you imagine him giving a manager the amount of time Klopp and Arteta were afforded given their poor league finishes in their first seasons? People act like ENIC have only been in charge for a couple of years, they’ve had more than 20 years which is a quarter of most people’s lives (if you’re lucky) but we’re just expected to put up with them indefinitely no matter how many bad calls they make on the football side of things.

No one has even brought up the farce with the naming rights for the stadium. Once again, we’re just expected to wait indefinitely until Levy finds the perfect deal. If it’s not a great deal you can bet people will point to the economy/cost of living crisis as a reason why it’s underwhelming. It will get spun no matter what the figure is. Why not just name it after a former player or club legend like Nicholson if there’s no sign of any deal in the foreseeable future? The Bill Nicholson stadium has a better ring to it than the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

I don’t agree.

But you see you highlighted exactly the point. I completely agree, I was there Saturday and a lot of people turned up with the intention of being toxic, 10 games left in a season with a caretaker manager but we think being toxic in stadium is going to help?

As I said, we will see, the corner of supporting the team has come and gone, people have agendas, be it being entertained, be it they want Levy out, whatever, I don't see the days of WHL returning and that is more than just a commentary on this season or board decisions.

But you see you highlighted exactly the point. I completely agree, I was there Saturday and a lot of people turned up with the intention of being toxic, 10 games left in a season with a caretaker manager but we think being toxic in stadium is going to help?

As I said, we will see, the corner of supporting the team has come and gone, people have agendas, be it being entertained, be it they want Levy out, whatever, I don't see the days of WHL returning and that is more than just a commentary on this season or board decisions.

It’s taken quite a long time for it to become near toxic. I can think of plenty of other clubs where it’s happened sooner.

A lot of supporters are fed up - increasingly, I think the majority are, given the last five years. They are well within their rights to let that be known imo. Although I didn’t join in I could understand their views.

There club was on the up with the new stadium and pochettino ... the last season at the lane was just something I've never seen at spurs before.

Levy ripped that away as he always had a hard on for Mourinho. I don't get this belief that Levy is bullet proof. He's had some shockers and is not this lovely chap that some make him to be of this devil either.

He just doesn't understand football as much as he understands economics... however not many chairmen hand this balance.

With levy it's almost like going on a date and promising the girl a steak and a bottle of wine but then turning up at hers with 50 cheeseburgers and a 2ltr bottle of Fanta.... same spend but not on what's wanted.

What I don't understand is how Levy doesn't see it himself, how limited his knowledge of football is. Sure, he hired Paratici, which in theory was a good call, but when you then hire Conte who wants very specific players, and we end up not using lots of the players we've signed because Conte doesn't fancy them - then what's the bloody point? At the very least, someone or a group of people within the club should have some knowledge of football that would hopefully align with the club philosophy of playing attacking football, and hire managers and sign players based on that. That's it. Levy has been at the helm for 22 years, and he still doesn't understand this, it seems. One of our most "underwhelming" manager appointments of the past 20 years turned out to be one of our best - so why not do the background work and get a suitable manager in who plays the way supporters expect Spurs to play? It's hit or miss anyway, but at least get someone in who will excite fans, that we know are looking to play positive football.

I've said it many times on here, and I'll say it again: winning a trophy would be awesome, but it's still just one night of celebrating it - I'd much rather have a team that excited me every week, than hire the next Mourinho-type manager to try to defend ourselves to some title. fudge the titles. I just want to not fall asleep while watching us play. Let's get an exciting team going, then see where it takes us, instead of blindly looking for shortcuts on how to win trophies.

Exactly this. Entitlement? Are you kidding me! I think we’ve been one of the most patient fan bases in the league given the shambles we’ve had to put up with in terms of footballing decisions the last 5 years. The point was made before if Levy had appointed someone to make those calls and they got them all so spectacularly wrong, that person would no longer be in the job. He’s answerable to the board but he makes them lots of money which is all that matters. If anything it’s Levy who is the impatient one, sacking managers at the first sign of trouble, can you imagine him giving a manager the amount of time Klopp and Arteta were afforded given their poor league finishes in their first seasons? People act like ENIC have only been in charge for a couple of years, they’ve had more than 20 years which is a quarter of most people’s lives (if you’re lucky) but we’re just expected to put up with them indefinitely no matter how many bad calls they make on the football side of things.

No one has even brought up the farce with the naming rights for the stadium. Once again, we’re just expected to wait indefinitely until Levy finds the perfect deal. If it’s not a great deal you can bet people will point to the economy/cost of living crisis as a reason why it’s underwhelming. It will get spun no matter what the figure is. Why not just name it after a former player or club legend like Nicholson if there’s no sign of any deal in the foreseeable future? The Bill Nicholson stadium has a better ring to it than the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.
Oh, so now you're also upset that we still don't have a naming deal in place. Geez... :rolleyes:

Honestly he had done a remarkable job getting us where we are with the stadium, training ground, and making ground on other teams ... but he constantly constantly fails to see the wood from the trees, he just doesn't change his approach in aligning managers and getting in players.

I get that our budget had increased and we have spent lots of money, but it's usually a case of getting in cheaper options vs what the manager wants. Before you start Harry pochettino, Mourinho, conte have all alluded to this.

We need quality not quantity.

There's a lot of value in the place being named after the club. Maybe not as much as the cash value of the naming rights, hard to tell without a lot more data.

But every time someone watches an event at our stadium, the club name is very prominent. That increased global awareness of the club is bringing value somewhere. Certainly a lot more than making some fans go misty eyed by naming it after someone.

Last edited:
There's a lot of value in the place being named after the club. Maybe not as much as the cash value of the naming rights, hard to tell without a lot more data.

But every time someone watches an event at our stadium, the club name is very prominent. That increased global awareness of the club is bringing value somewhere. Certainly a lot more than making some fans go misty eyed by naming after someone.
If it doesn't translate to the pitch who cares.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Watched the first half of Feyenoord against Waalwijk yesterday. Talk about attacking football. Once the ball went past the halfway line it never went back. No faffing about and exchanging 55 passes between the CBs before attempting to make an attacking move. Once Feyenoord got the ball there was only one direction it ever moved: forward. Granted it was Waalwijk, but when we play lower table opposition we still pass it around the back a million times.

I'm not sure how that would translate in the PL, but it would definitely make for exciting football. I have always been a proponent of quickly attacking as soon as we win the ball back, because it doesn't give the opposition a chance to get fully getting organized and, if we lose the ball, at lease we're losing it deep in the opposition's area. I supposed It would probably also mean we will need some fairly quick CBs and CMs, because it will open us up to counters. But would love to see this style of football at Spurs.
Slots class
Did a great job at Az too before COVID cost them
He just adapts to the players he has and finds a way to use them, rather than have a system….
That’s real coaching

Back