• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
She is Club Secretary isn't she. So that's like the difference between CEO and Company Secretary - i.e. hers is much more focused on legal and governance issues - complying with FA and FIFA policies and guidance, that kind of thing
From @AdamB post just thinking how they divvy up the admin :)...but you're right given the clubs description. Interesting to know if she has ever utilised the bulk of her educational cv ever.?

Rebecca Caplehorn graduated from Loughborough University with a Joint Honours Degree in Physical Education, Sport Science and Mathematics. She subsequently qualified as a Chartered Accountant via the NHS Graduate Management Scheme and has worked in senior finance roles within both tennis and football. Rebecca joined the Club in March 2015, after spending over five years at Queens Park Rangers FC. Rebecca will lead, drive and embed football governance processes, contractual matters and best practice across the Club

You'd have to think we have closed in on one that would be aware of the likely candidates for manager already. I'm sure we will find out soon enough. I'd wager we have a DOF soon enough
It's is somewhat a chicken and egg situation.

That said we should embrace it, see it as an opportunity to restart with everyone on the same page, hopefully with fresh ideas and impetus.

For all we know, Paratici, although good on (incoming) transfers might not have the skillset of a more rounded DofF. (Plus he'd lost his little black book:))

I think Slot fits what we are looking for. A coach that can adapt, improve and make use of the players he has and are given to him. JN and Poch wanted more influence upstream. We want a coach that earns his money at the coal face. With the intention to look for a similar profile coach if the current one doesn't work out. Smoother transitions.

Aside from the positive news that Slot could be high on the list, there’s a couple of interesting bits in there:

Mauricio Pochettino, who is set to be appointed by Chelsea, has not been seriously pursued for a return. While the possibility did come close in 2021, and both parties like the idea of the Argentine coming back, it was mutually felt it is better to look forward.

And

Spurs are meanwile closer to a new director of football, having narrowed their pursuit to three main candidates. They are Roma's Tiago Pinto, Tim Steidten, recently of Bayer Leverkusen and one other as yet unknown figure who is said to be best considered.

The second part contradicted by this article https://theathletic.com/4527400/2023/05/18/tottenham-director-of-football/

Last edited:
Interestingly JN manager has come out and mentioned why he turned down Chelsea. I expect him to mention us in coming days if the same is to be said about us or if it was just Spin from the club....

Talks to the players in a calm, even fashion, yet still gets some raucous cheers in the end. I like it. Will be interesting to see how his style will translate to our dressing room. Maybe that's what our players need, rather Conte-style gonading. Couple that with exciting training sessions and trying to play attacking football, and it just may be the recipe we've been looking for.

Sho you need to shteal the ball from the opponent and shtart shprinting to get in a hhhood attacking pozhishion. :p

Got lots of ajax ultras as mates, won't find a better bunch of people, to the point they promised me a merry knees up with VdV ... this summer perhaps

Talks to the players in a calm, even fashion, yet still gets some raucous cheers in the end. I like it. Will be interesting to see how his style will translate to our dressing room. Maybe that's what our players need, rather Conte-style gonad*ing. Couple that with exciting training sessions and trying to play attacking football, and it just may be the recipe we've been looking for.

That we don't even care
As restless as we are
We feel the pull

Back