• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Spoke to a colleague of mine in the NL who is feyenoord fan and he said that there's a general acceptance amongst their fan base that he's leaving this summer. He's achieved everything he can there, and time for him to move on. He couldn't speak more highly of him either, both as a manager and a person

With the title there sewn up, I'd like to think that we're trying to seal the deal

Spoke to a colleague of mine in the NL who is feyenoord fan and he said that there's a general acceptance amongst their fan base that he's leaving this summer. He's achieved everything he can there, and time for him to move on. He couldn't speak more highly of him either, both as a manager and a person

With the title there sewn up, I'd like to think that we're trying to seal the deal
But he is a a short fat bald man apparently…

There are a good few comments over the last 10 pages questioning that, if we wanted him then, what has changed since we allegedly spoke Poch at PSG. There are also some comments that some fear we may end up with Potter.

Prior to Conte, people were also wondering if Poch back was too early and a good number (me included) would have gladly had Potter at that point.

So, what's changed? If it isn't going to be Poch, would Potter suddenly be a bad appointment? Is it that folks question that his teams don't score or that he has never been given strikers?

Same with Nagelsmann, allegedly offering him the job twice in the past and now was never in the running. Think that's just spin by the club after getting rejected personally. If he never even made the shortlist you'd have to wonder why not and question the whole process.

Here in the Netherlands in the last few days, there was persistent talk of Slot joining us. At a high-profile punditry programme, they even asked him about Spurs. He said he would not comment on any speculation right now, certainly not on individual clubs being mentioned. But he did everything he could to not say that he was going to stay at Feyenoord. If he wanted to, today would have been the day - in front of 60.000 celebrating fans. But he didn't. I am beginning to think it's not unlikely that he has already spoken to us, and that he won't be able to resist the challenge. Might just be a very good appointment. People here rate him higher than Ten Hag after how he improved Feyenoord in the last two years with next to no funds.
Proper ITK!

Reading the above article, he really does seem an ideal fit for us and checks all the criteria. I actually like how he's not the biggest name out there we could go for which will temper fans expectations (although naturally Spurs fans being Spurs fans expectations will still be pretty high:D). And enjoy how he made the team stronger despite losing a lot of important players, these are all skills ideal for working at Spurs.

I wanted Nagelsman but the more I read on Slot the more I like and winning the league with Feyenord is definitely quite an accomplishment. Would be happy if we got him in....

Not that I know brick ..

I think Slot is a better profile, looking up to us not down, accustomed operating within boundaries and his appointment will undoubtedly get some negative commentary but that may keep expectation in check.

Nagelsmann feels like the more risk, more upside approach, some hints of AVB, would likely be a victim of expectation as well.

If we walk out with Slot I won't feel like it's a complete fudge up (is that a reflection on my concerns?)

Same with Nagelsmann, allegedly offering him the job twice in the past and now was never in the running. Think that's just spin by the club after getting rejected personally. If he never even made the shortlist you'd have to wonder why not and question the whole process.

I think Nagelsmann simply made demands that we can’t meet, especially around investment in the squad and probably moving a good number of this seasons squad on and frankly who can blame him for coming to that assessment of our sorry mob.

We have limited funds available primarily due to historical poor buys like ndombele which we continue to feel the pain on. We also have a number of players in this seasons squad who would not command good fees even if we did sell them.

Then throw in enic’s zero tolerance approach to providing outside funding to support the team and it all points to us needing a miracle man who can work with the current squad with one or two decent additions in the market.

That man would appear to be Slot.

But don’t have high expectations, at best we will be around 6th for the next few years with Kane leaving on a free to one of our rivals in a years time.

Our only hope hinges on the new spending rules curtailing our rivals somewhat from 2025 onwards. Then we might have a chance of creeping back up the league.

And if that doesn’t ultimately lead to us challenging for the title then something will need to change.

I think Nagelsmann simply made demands that we can’t meet, especially around investment in the squad and probably moving a good number of this seasons squad on and frankly who can blame him for coming to that assessment of our sorry mob.

We have limited funds available primarily due to historical poor buys like ndombele which we continue to feel the pain on. We also have a number of players in this seasons squad who would not command good fees even if we did sell them.

Then throw in enic’s zero tolerance approach to providing outside funding to support the team and it all points to us needing a miracle man who can work with the current squad with one or two decent additions in the market.

That man would appear to be Slot.
A miracle man? Any very good manager should, at a minimum, be your definition of a miracle man: be one who gets the most out of a squad. Once he does that then he can start making demands.

We have no idea what Nagelsmann was asking for, but if it was about buying players and moving on players before he even took one training session, then I'm sorry but I would have said "thanks, but no thanks" too.

Come in, show me what you can do with what you have, get the max out of the squad, and then if you still have holes to plug I'll work with you to plug them. Otherwise, you're just another Conte, who can only work with "his signings" and doesn't adapt. That's the last thing we need.

But he is a a short fat bald man apparently…

Is he? I've never seen him, but if he ends up being a Levy Mini-Me that would be pretty amusing, tbh.

Would probably be a car-crash, but an entertaining one - turn down the tall thin bald bloke with a lot of trophies (Ten Hag), for the short fat bald bloke with one. :p

Come in, show me what you can do with what you have, get the max out of the squad, and then if you still have holes to plug I'll work with you to plug them. Otherwise, you're just another Conte, who can only work with "his signings" and doesn't adapt. That's the last thing we need.

I don't know how much more evidence you need that some of these players don't work for *any* manager, mate. Not Poch, not Mourinho, not Nuno, not Mason, not Conte, not Stellini.

No one. No one can turn Eric Dier into a footballer. No one can make Ben Davies anything other than mediocre. No one can give Sanchez a brain or footballing skills. No one can make Lucas not run down blind alleyways. No one can make Sessegnon anything other than a shrinking violet. And so on.

If some bloke came in and proclaimed himself happy to work with our squad as it stands, I would instantly suspect their competence and even their sanity. Demanding major changes is a sign that they have their head screwed on right.

I don't know how much more evidence you need that some of these players don't work for *any* manager, mate. Not Poch, not Mourinho, not Nuno, not Mason, not Conte, not Stellini.

No one. No one can turn Eric Dier into a footballer. No one can make Ben Davies anything other than mediocre. No one can give Sanchez a brain or footballing skills. No one can make Lucas not run down blind alleyways. No one can make Sessegnon anything other than a shrinking violet. And so on.

If some bloke came in and proclaimed himself happy to work with our squad as it stands, I would instantly suspect their competence and even their sanity. Demanding major changes is a sign that they have their head screwed on right.
And what's scarier is that some will be given extensions

Slot to fill ours

Get him in NOW Daniel, start the rebu... haaang on, who's the dof??

Reports suggest that we’re now trying to recruit whoever is at Brentford, having been turned down by a couple of Germans.

Cue Benny Hill theme music…

Not that I know brick ..

I think Slot is a better profile, looking up to us not down, accustomed operating within boundaries and his appointment will undoubtedly get some negative commentary but that may keep expectation in check.

Nagelsmann feels like the more risk, more upside approach, some hints of AVB, would likely be a victim of expectation as well.

If we walk out with Slot I won't feel like it's a complete fudge up (is that a reflection on my concerns?)

I think the concerns with Slot are not his approach, it's just that he's only tested in a really tinkle poor level league, with mostly really abysmal opponents.

He might be a Potter stepping up from Swansea to Brighton, but equally he might be a Nathan Jones going from Luton to Southampton.

Back