• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
de Zerbi has done a great job, but struggle to see him leaving

With Feyenoord now having the title done and dusted, I'd hope we move for Slot asap if he's our preference

Yep De Zerbi would be amazing but cant see us paying the £13m and doubt he would come.

All we can do is hope Slot is another magician and keep us ticking over until the new spending rules are fully in place in 2 years time.

I can see now there was no point appointing Nagelsmann with our current financial position and enic’s zero tolerance approach to providing outside funding to help the team.

We need someone who will work with what we have plus some limited funds while we continue to pay the price for spending big on mercenaries like ndombele and co.

In about 5 years we might be in a better place and in a fairer league to compete for the title.

I don't think just because Feyenoord can't be caught in the league now that it would speed up any deal/announcement. Might even delay it a bit longer to be honest.
Would be a bit bricky to talk about going to the PL or announcing anything when they still have 2 games to go officially etc. I'd reckon he/they/us would at least wait until things are done and dusted and the open top bus parade is out of the way first.

I don't think just because Feyenoord can't be caught in the league now that it would speed up any deal/announcement. Might even delay it a bit longer to be honest.
Would be a bit bricky to talk about going to the PL or announcing anything when they still have 2 games to go officially etc. I'd reckon he/they/us would at least wait until things are done and dusted and the open top bus parade is out of the way first.

This could be exactly why we haven't heard anything. With the lack of anything concrete I am guessing whoever we have lined up is currently employed and we are just waiting for the end of their League season before an official announcement is made

It would be interesting to compare that success rate with vaguely similar clubs over the same period of time. By vaguely similar, I exclude Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea, but I wouldn't mind including Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and, say, Everon, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester, for instance.

I honestly have no idea what the result would be but I'd be curious to have a look at their success rate over the same period of time.
Here's Everton. Hardly anyone who could be rates as a success. Moyes had them in the top 6 a couple of times I believe, and it's been downhill since.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514_230526_Chrome.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 7
I think that the only thing.that can justify no imminent announcement regarding a mangerial hire will be if the individual the board want is currently employed, i.e. Slot or Gallardo.

I think that the only thing.that can justify no imminent announcement regarding a mangerial hire will be if the individual the board want is currently employed, i.e. Slot or Gallardo.

Gallardo is not employed, I believe. More and more signs it's this Dutch bloke.

Feels like the Paulo Fonseca of 2023, tbh.

Gallardo finished at River Plate in October. He's been on sabbatical since. Did you mean De Zerbi?

Here's Everton. Hardly anyone who could be rates as a success. Moyes had them in the top 6 a couple of times I believe, and it's been downhill since.

Yeah, I gave it a quick look and it looks like getting it right 33% of the time is par for the course, regardless of who you are. I didn't post anything though because it's a fine line between success, meh and failure (or epic failure, in Lumplard's case). Levy's record in that regard doesn't look much worse than anyone else's but it's all a matter of circumstances, opinions and perceptions, of course.

Potter has beaten arsenal at their ground with 2 teams. Would you take him?
It's not the same, this Arsenal team were proper title challengers and had only lost at home, this season, to City before today. They also had the momentum from an unexpected win against the barcodes last week. What Brighton did today was seriously impressive.

Gallardo finished at River Plate in October. He's been on sabbatical since. Did you mean De Zerbi?

I was not aware that he was on sabbatical. There is no chance De Zerbi would leave a well run club like Brighton for the pile of brick that Levy is presiding over.

I was not aware that he was on sabbatical. There is no chance De Zerbi would leave a well run club like Brighton for the pile of brick that Levy is presiding over.

Talks of de zerbi being ok to sell moises and ALex mac.... thats about £200m on top of what they may have budgeted for ...

Talks of de zerbi being ok to sell moises and ALex mac.... thats about £200m on top of what they may have budgeted for ...

Yeah it gave me hope that he may wonder where he can take them losing players like that but you are right he will have a huge budget as a result.

Also as I said before (and was largely dismissed by those who will have no ill spoken of Levy) what Brighton have done with the South American market, targeting and scouting intently young players is both innovative and seriously impressive.

There was a couple more of that ilk showcasing their quality yesterday. I always thought work permit issues was why no club has really consistently taken these players that normally end up leaving South America for the likes of Benfica.

It remains imo a serious black mark against Levy that after 22 years of experience and our zero tolerance approach regarding how we are run, that it is not us ahead of the curve on anything innovative with how we are run behind the scenes.

I’d also like to know what Paratici’s thinking on De Zerbi was (a fellow Italian) when he was dingdonging around pursuing the likes of Fonseca and Gattuso.

Maybe he hadn’t really emerged back then or wasn’t available but again its that kind of innovation and being ahead of the game that I would have expected from him.

Back