• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
We'll never know definitely but there are some rumours/speculation which appear to have too much substance or come from multiple sources which are closer to a club/manager/player etc

The Nagelsmann on this week is another. I struggle to believe that he hasnt turned us down and then Spurs are leaking stories to try to save face

But does it work to save face? I mean is it worse to be turning down a manager of that magnitude or be turned down? I would say it shows more incompetence turning him down or not being interested, so not sure the whole PR spin stuff works here.

But does it work to save face? I mean is it worse to be turning down a manager of that magnitude or be turned down? I would say it shows more incompetence turning him down or not being interested, so not sure the whole PR spin stuff works here.

Who knows. Its next order magnitude questions. Saving grace is that we can rule him out and move on

Same approach? Spending the 4th most in the league?
We'll be back fighting for top 4 in a year or two and anyone that thinks differently is an absolute mug :p
None of us know what's going to happen, things change quickly in football. The perfect example of that is the team we played today. When Emery came in they were 17th and on the same points as Southampton, look at them now...

Competing for 4th? Yipeee!

Interesting comment from Mason below. Tells you that the club is a mess internally

Can you reassure the fans there is a plan over the new manager as it feels like the last time you were in this situation that there isn't one?

Obviously we’ve had a disappointing season in terms of where we are in the table but also many other things. There probably hasn’t been that consistency, that alignment, that togetherness throughout the whole cub. That’s probably the most important thing going forward that we're going to change. I'm absolutely confident that will change. Football can change very quickly. When you've got people here that care about the club and want to make it better I believe that will happen.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...s-results/every-word-ryan-mason-said-26909441

Who knows. Its next order magnitude questions. Saving grace is that we can rule him out and move on

Of course but in the reality of a manager search and us being Tottenham Hotspur we will be turned down by multiple managers and probably turn a fair few down. The hows and whys probably concern me less than just getting the right manager in.

Personally I don't know where we are in the search, let alone who the next manager is and I certainly have no idea therefore how they will perform. Plenty of time to lose my head when it happens to be worried about if something in the press came from Vasilis Von Cullen

Interesting comment from Mason below. Tells you that the club is a mess internally

Can you reassure the fans there is a plan over the new manager as it feels like the last time you were in this situation that there isn't one?

Obviously we’ve had a disappointing season in terms of where we are in the table but also many other things. There probably hasn’t been that consistency, that alignment, that togetherness throughout the whole cub. That’s probably the most important thing going forward that we're going to change. I'm absolutely confident that will change. Football can change very quickly. When you've got people here that care about the club and want to make it better I believe that will happen.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...s-results/every-word-ryan-mason-said-26909441

Pretty much what I said on the DL thread, better to have a joined up approach than appoint a manager outside a structure just to appease the impatient

Pretty much what I said on the DL thread, better to have a joined up approach than appoint a manager outside a structure just to appease the impatient

The impatience? Been quite long since the club seemed organised and pulling in the right direction ... sort of

Of course but in the reality of a manager search and us being Tottenham Hotspur we will be turned down by multiple managers and probably turn a fair few down. The hows and whys probably concern me less than just getting the right manager in.

Personally I don't know where we are in the search, let alone who the next manager is and I certainly have no idea therefore how they will perform. Plenty of time to lose my head when it happens to be worried about if something in the press came from Vasilis Von Cullen
Can I ask and I'm not trying to be facetious but did you have the same attitude throughout the summer we appointed Nuno?

If not, why not?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Can I ask and I'm not trying to be facetious but did you have the same attitude throughout the summer we appointed Nuno?

If not, why not?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I did by the end but the time scales are not the same as now. But that time I was frustrated and not exactly enthralled it was Nuno, although that was not Nunos fault.

The difference now though for me is timescales and needs to be joined up thinking, therefore I would much prefer to see this structure in place where we have Munn and the DOF having the ultimately inufluence over the appointment than Levy making a choice for someone who isn't even at the club yet.

If we are going to change the structure, better to commit to it fully and logically IMO

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

If Munn choses the DoF, who choses the manager, then given Munn doesnt arrive til 1st July we might not have a manager for next season and GHod help our transfer window!!
The fact that Levy and he are clearly travelling Europe together suggests that the wheels are in motion though. Unless it was a romantic continental break

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Last Word on Spurs podcast saying our shortlist ( in no particular order) is:

Anorim
Alonso
Slot
Enrique

Enrique would need a complete rebuilt to play his type of football. Not sure about Xabi Alonso - very early in his career (first year of top flight football).

If its those 4, I'd go for Slot

So do we Boo Poch from now on?

No there is only one person responsible for poch not being here. I'm OK with it depending on who we get as the alternative .. but it's got to be right otherwise its another gonad dropped

Back