• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
you have named 12 players, 5 don't even have a squad number, 1 is out of contract and only 4 really are part of the squad, and Davies/PEH are not a priority to move on. So basically the huge change is moving on Lloris, Dier & Sanchez.

This squad with Bentancur & Royal fit would probably have squeaked a 4th this season.

Get rid of the 3 above, replace with better GK, CBs (x2/x3) and a CM, dump/sell/loan back the ones not in the squad today and get a good manager.

You will still need 2-3 windows but it would be good enough that if you have a similar year to this one where other teams struggle you can take advantage

Nailed it with the injury of two starters, or said lacks depth and composition for places ... I disagree this team with its current defenders would be a struggle

Yes Arsenal were on the upward trajectory. They had played better football than us for most of the season and had gained better results for the majority as well. The only reason we caught them is because they lost 6 games out of the last 12 at the end of last season. They felt the pressure and bottled it. It really wouldn't have taken much for them to finish above us but they couldn't handle the pressure. This season they've stepped up up further and already have more points than they finished with last season.

If you couldn't see they were on an upward trajectory that was your own Spurs tainted bais that doesn't allow you to see Arsenal for what they actually are.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
i was trying to highlight that we were on the upwards curve too at the time
Both clubs league positions improved from previous season and that’s the measure you can use
The post was all about other clubs were on the up but the poster didn’t mention that we were too by the same logicn

Nailed it with the injury of two starters, or said lacks depth and composition for places ... I disagree this team with its current defenders would be a struggle
Every team struggles without their best players
Arsenal have lost the tile because of one injury to their best CB

Agreed, you look at it from a total perspective and GK and CB is priority but a top class CM partner for Bentancur would be my next. I think people hugely under estimate the importance of that role and what a real high quality performer can bring there. Such a critical role

Skipp or Bissouma will be fine in there. They are capably a Wanyama to Bentancur's Dembele.

What we really need though is an Eriksen to complete the trio. A Kudus or Scott. That's where we need to concentrate funds

Yep
Can then play 4-3-3
3-5-2
4-2-3-1
I mean mussing that player…, by choice… was daft of conte

The odd thing about it is that at Inter he had Barella and Eriksen, and at Chelsea he had Hazard. Weird that he didnt insist on some sort of creator

Skipp or Bissouma will be fine in there. They are capably a Wanyama to Bentancur's Dembele.

What we really need though is an Eriksen to complete the trio. A Kudus or Scott. That's where we need to concentrate funds

If we had an Eriksen or Maddison etc. at ACM would you play Son and Kane up top and drop Kulu/Make him the back up ACM?

If we had an Eriksen or Maddison etc. at ACM would you play Son and Kane up top and drop Kulu/Make him the back up ACM?

Yeh would have no issues there, especially as given Kulu and Maddisons knocks record, you would have so many games where only one is available TBH.

I’d play Kulu in that central role
And I think porro and Destiny wide would offer a lot of attacking options
Would mean we would still need three at the back and also another alternative for Kulu for when he is off form or injured
Team would be a 3-5-2 but a much ore attacking and forward thinking one
The midfield would need that number 10 (Kulu) a presser (Bentacur) and a holder (Bissouma) for example, flanked by porro and destiny who are wingers

4-2-3-1. So Kulu becomes Eriksen (narrow right) and the new ACM picks up the Alli position in the centre.

Something like:

--------------------------------GK
-Spence----------Romero-------------CB-----------Udogie
--------------------Bentancur--------Skipp
----Kulu------------------Kudus------------------Son
-------------------------Kane

Something like:

--------------------------------GK
-Spence----------Romero-------------CB-----------Udogie
--------------------Bentancur--------Skipp
----Kulu------------------Kudus------------------Son
-------------------------Kane

Finally that would be a midfield that looks somewhat balanced and capable in all areas.

Obviously won't happen then.

Back