• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
True
But blew 4th despite which favourites
Same as this season
We technically were too then

A little perspective, they cleared most of their deadwood leaving young good hungry players that have bright into the system and have looked good this season I hate to say. They peppered the team with experienced winners, and are a few players short of being a very very good team. They are a few years ahead of us let's make no mistake about it.

We have got to clear

Lloris
Dier
Davies
Reguilon
Rodon
NDombele
Winks
Moura
Sanchez
Sessegnon
GLC

With PEH under scrutiny.
The only players I personally think can do a job is Romero, skipp, kulu, bentancur, kane, son, Richy

A little perspective, they cleared most of their deadwood leaving young good hungry players that have bright into the system and have looked good this season I hate to say. They peppered the team with experienced winners, and are a few players short of being a very very good team. They are a few years ahead of us let's make no mistake about it.

We have got to clear

Lloris
Dier
Davies
Reguilon
Rodon
NDombele
Winks
Moura
Sanchez
Sessegnon
GLC

With PEH under scrutiny.
The only players I personally think can do a job is Romero, skipp, kulu, bentancur, kane, son, Richy

That’s all opinions
The new manager may or may not agree
Conte stated many times he was happy with his lot and we know he says what he thinks
I do agree with your list although I think sessegnon should be given more time (I know plenty will disagree)
They are ahead today. I haven’t said they aren’t. Their manager has been there 4 years and they have tried to exit him at lest once but didn’t get anyone in so kept him
Next year is the test for them. Back in the big league with expectation and potentially more injuries stretching them due to the higher volume of higher calibre games
I look at arsenal the same as I look at pochs team … they are very similar. I look at it and I can’t see clearly where they need to buy players now. That’s good for today but it does mean what do they do next is key. Viera was a big money buy as an example for them and so far he has been a flop. He may well come good of course
From their recent experienced signings you have zicehnko who is actually a good all rounder but does cause them problems when attacked at left back. They are also selling Tierney so they will, I assume buy a left back
Jesus joined and has really helped them but his gaol return is still poor. They could buy a goal scorer but that may well change the dynamic of the team. They do have a great young striker on loan in France who may not want to come back. They still have the £75 man Pepe too

for us a blind man can see what we need the main which makes it easier. Getting them in of course is the challenge
And I don’t envy anyone trying to shift the dead wood from us

I wouldn’t buy Reggie for example as he has been broken this season
Lo Celso will attract a decent fee imo and we will get back a decent chunk of the money we paid for him
Some of the lesser ones will go for fees
Tanguy is a worry. No one will want him with his wages I’m sure
Moura is leaving on a free by the way
I think we will end up keeping the first three in your list for varying reasons too, but I don’t expect them to be starters under a new guy

We have got to clear

Lloris
Dier
Davies
Reguilon
Rodon
NDombele
Winks
Moura
Sanchez
Sessegnon
GLC

With PEH under scrutiny.
I don’t think Davies or Sessegnon need to go. PEH certainly doesn’t

I don’t think Davies or Sessegnon need to go. PEH certainly doesn’t

I definitely agree about Davies. Of our 6 FBs I would keep Royal and Spence for the right, Davies and Udogie for the left (sell Sess and Regulion; assume Porro is a RWF)

With PEH, if funds are tight I'd probably cash in on his to fund an ACM. He's oldest and has the lowest ceiling of our 5 current CMs. It's not that there's much wrong with him, it's just we are imbalanced, with not enough ballplayers.

Last edited:
I definitely agree about Davies. Of our 6 FBs I would keep Royal and Spence for the right, Davies and Udogie for the left (sell Sess and Regulion; assume Porro is a RWF)

With PEH, if funds a tight I'd probably cash in on his to fund an ACM. He's oldest and has the lowest ceiling of our 5 current CMs. It's not that there's much wrong with him, it's just we are imbalanced, with not enough ballplayers.
He’s been the best/second best of our midfield players this year. Skipp and (especially) Sarr and Bissouma have a long way to go to get up,to,his level.

He’s been the best/second best of our midfield players this year. Skipp and (especially) Sarr and Bissouma have a long way to go to get up,to,his level.

I think, like some of his predecessors, if he's performing well, then it means we're struggling as a team. I.e. if your clobbering, undisciplined CM is standing out in the team, then it means you haven't got possession or a decent shape.

Like we moved on from say Sean Davis/Michael Brown to Carrick, or Palacios to Modric, I think moving on from Hojbjerg will just be a sign that we've progressed as a team. I.e. its tactical, not specifically about his contribution.

I think, like some of his predecessors, if he's performing well, then it means we're struggling as a team. I.e. if your clobbering, undisciplined CM is standing out in the team, then it means you haven't got possession or a decent shape.

Like we moved on from say Sean Davis/Michael Brown to Carrick, or Palacios to Modric, I think moving on from Hojbjerg will just be a sign that we've progressed as a team. I.e. its tactical, not specifically about his contribution.
Sorry but I think that’s a load of gonads.

Some of the CM shake out might depend on the formation the new manager intends to play. Whether that's regularly with two or three?. So we'd be ok with 4 if a two and perhaps swap out one of our CM for an ACM if we play with 3.

I think the most value (£'s) would come from selling PEH and would probably gain the most interest from buying clubs. I'd sell if the offer was right.

Tbf to @Gutter Boy ...I understand what he's implying and wouldn't dismiss it as gonads. Not saying I agree

Sorry but you’re telling me at the end of last season arsenal were on the upwards curve? They were broken.
United who ended 13 points behind us were sure to be much better ….
Things can change so quickly. A manager will be key of course
Yes Arsenal were on the upward trajectory. They had played better football than us for most of the season and had gained better results for the majority as well. The only reason we caught them is because they lost 6 games out of the last 12 at the end of last season. They felt the pressure and bottled it. It really wouldn't have taken much for them to finish above us but they couldn't handle the pressure. This season they've stepped up up further and already have more points than they finished with last season.

If you couldn't see they were on an upward trajectory that was your own Spurs tainted bais that doesn't allow you to see Arsenal for what they actually are.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We have got to clear

Lloris, Dier, Davies, Reguilon, Rodon, NDombele, Winks, Moura, Sanchez, Sessegnon, GLC, With PEH under scrutiny.

you have named 12 players, 5 don't even have a squad number, 1 is out of contract and only 4 really are part of the squad, and Davies/PEH are not a priority to move on. So basically the huge change is moving on Lloris, Dier & Sanchez.

This squad with Bentancur & Royal fit would probably have squeaked a 4th this season.

Get rid of the 3 above, replace with better GK, CBs (x2/x3) and a CM, dump/sell/loan back the ones not in the squad today and get a good manager.

You will still need 2-3 windows but it would be good enough that if you have a similar year to this one where other teams struggle you can take advantage

Bentancur is easily our best midfielder, second best is debatable, I'd have Skipp ahead of PEH.
Bissouma has been poor for us but he was comfortably better than PEH while with Brighton. Lets see if he returns to that level next season.
Sarr is young with loads of potential, he will improve.

Bentancur is easily our best midfielder, second best is debatable, I'd have Skipp ahead of PEH.
Bissouma has been poor for us but he was comfortably better than PEH while with Brighton. Lets see if he returns to that level next season.
Sarr is young with loads of potential, he will improve.

Agreed, you look at it from a total perspective and GK and CB is priority but a top class CM partner for Bentancur would be my next. I think people hugely under estimate the importance of that role and what a real high quality performer can bring there. Such a critical role

Back