• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I dont agree, Liverpool have had a dip in form and are now regaining their form under a manager that knows how to get it done having won titles.

Manchester United have had their first season under a manager that has won a trophy in his first season and building a very good team there.

Arsenal had young players and invested widely to balance the team to kick on. We have no amazing young hungry players nor the balance in the squad.

If arsenal invest again in the summer they will pretty much be balanced and ready to go again.
We will see
Everyone thinks it easy for these teams
Every season we here they can’t be as bad again
But someone always is
Pool have for or together but their luck is extreme. Two of their 3 results alone have been very lucky.
Klopp has been losing the plot IMO. They also have made it clear they can’t it as they planned and their owners aren’t putting money in anymore.
United have spent a fortune again but now it’s crunch point in the season they are limping. I know the united fans I talk too arent happy with a league cup to show for the last 4 years
They will spend again for sure. They are loaded. But they can also buy players like Antony for £100m…
Arsenal this season have stepped up. We will see what they do next year when in the CL and after having, I expect more injuries
Teams can change really really quickly
Expectation brings pressure
CL stretches teams (3 of the 4 English sides in it have struggled to meet a decent level this season and the World Cup didn’t help, but did help others)
And on the youth front it’s what’s hard to tell. They need an opportunity which we have pretty much blocked at source. Arsenal brought through a few kids and then now have blocked them apart from saka by buying in players. These things have knock ons eventually
They could be anything if they stay fit. I have a feeling the partey things will knock them a bit no matter what happens there

We will see
Everyone thinks it easy for these teams
Every season we here they can’t be as bad again
But someone always is
Pool have for or together but their luck is extreme. Two of their 3 results alone have been very lucky.
Klopp has been losing the plot IMO. They also have made it clear they can’t it as they planned and their owners aren’t putting money in anymore.
United have spent a fortune again but now it’s crunch point in the season they are limping. I know the united fans I talk too arent happy with a league cup to show for the last 4 years
They will spend again for sure. They are loaded. But they can also buy players like Antony for £100m…
Arsenal this season have stepped up. We will see what they do next year when in the CL and after having, I expect more injuries
Teams can change really really quickly
Expectation brings pressure
CL stretches teams (3 of the 4 English sides in it have struggled to meet a decent level this season and the World Cup didn’t help, but did help others)
And on the youth front it’s what’s hard to tell. They need an opportunity which we have pretty much blocked at source. Arsenal brought through a few kids and then now have blocked them apart from saka by buying in players. These things have knock ons eventually
They could be anything if they stay fit. I have a feeling the partey things will knock them a bit no matter what happens there

This, the typical Spurs fans response is everyone will get it right no matter what, and we will fudge it up no matter what.

Some will, some won't ..

This, the typical Spurs fans response is everyone will get it right no matter what, and we will fudge it up no matter what.

Some will, some won't ..
Every set of fans says it about their rivals
We’re brick and they will buy better
It just doesn’t happen like that
But it doesn’t stop the same old cliches coming out

While you guys flagellate each other, I'm just saying those teams mentioned are already streets ahead of us currently and it's going to take more than a transfer window to catch up to then let alone get a manager in to hit the ground running.

Didn't say that they all would get it right, but we would have to have a near perfect transfer window to catch up. Talk about perspective.

While you guys flagellate each other, I'm just saying those teams mentioned are already streets ahead of us currently and it's going to take more than a transfer window to catch up to then let alone get a manager in to hit the ground running.

Didn't say that they all would get it right, but we would have to have a near perfect transfer window to catch up. Talk about perspective.
But they weren’t at the end of last season
That is also perspective

But they weren’t at the end of last season
That is also perspective

Surely you could see the trajectory of the teams ... ours is on a down ward trajectory for some time with proper players without the minerals to suffer and fight.

The other teams were only a window shy of adding to their core of players.

Tell me, its it not true that we need more players transferred in and out than the competition? I'll start GK, CB,CB,CB,LB,CM,AM,ST .... plus deadwood .... its not realistic to have them expectations for one window and not one under Enic. And even if by a miracle we had a massive turn in fortunes then we are looking for the new manager to work with this new band of men to make a functioning team ...

Surely you could see the trajectory of the teams ... ours is on a down ward trajectory for some time with proper players without the minerals to suffer and fight.

The other teams were only a window shy of adding to their core of players.

Tell me, its it not true that we need more players transferred in and out than the competition? I'll start GK, CB,CB,CB,LB,CM,AM,ST .... plus deadwood .... its not realistic to have them expectations for one window and not one under Enic. And even if by a miracle we had a massive turn in fortunes then we are looking for the new manager to work with this new band of men to make a functioning team ...
Sorry but you’re telling me at the end of last season arsenal were on the upwards curve? They were broken.
United who ended 13 points behind us were sure to be much better ….
Things can change so quickly. A manager will be key of course

You're right and we don't have to go over what Poch did for us, everyone here recognises what he did.

But we are at the big boys table, everyone here is ok in making out we are one of the top teams and should be top 4 and at the start of the season posters are always predicting we will win this cup or that cup. But then we dont, there's always all the same old excuses to hide behind. If Poch was such a magician then you would think that with all the semis and finals we got to he would have got us over the line at least once but he didn't. Why? Because it's not easy to win, no matter who you are in this country. Arteta actually did win the FA Cup with a pretty average team, just like Leicester did it and not only the 'freak' league win but recently the FA Cup too, just like Portsmouth and Wigan have done in more recent times than we have.

At the level we are at, or portray we are at winning trophies is what you will and should be judged on - not the who finished highest in comparison to wage expenditure or whatever other favourable stats we can find. We can make out Arsenal 'choking' is some sort of negative, well I look forward to the day when we are ever 9 points ahead of City. City have a far deeper squad, and the fact City have reeled them in was predictable and hardly a stick to beat Arteta with. If that had happened to Poch you can only imagine the defensive posts being written on here - but Poch never had us good enough to be 9 points clear at the top of the league against anyone let alone this City side.

So yes, Arteta has achieved more than Poch did at Spurs and that is no slant on what Poch did for us.....
That’s all fine if the chairman isn’t demanding top 4 above all else as ours was.

Interesting as I’ve watched them and was very impressed. They completely dominate smaller teams and are very effective against teams with much bigger budgets. The football is exciting to watch as well.
It’s because he is a top coach
And he has rebuilt that team since last season (lost a LOT Alf player and goals too)
He also deals with whatever hand he has and adapts. None of this is my way or no way

Sorry but you’re telling me at the end of last season arsenal were on the upwards curve? They were broken.
United who ended 13 points behind us were sure to be much better ….
Things can change so quickly. A manager will be key of course

Yes arsenal were actually, the young players bottled it but they brought a few good players with experience and its paid dividends. If they brought a few more players so they do not have to bring holding on I think we would be very scared of them winning the league.

United brought well and got rid of problems. The manager did well ... our core players our spine is shocking. Apart from kane and son ... the rest are quite average to poor. None of them have turned up and that is damming in itself.

Let's play a game what players on form and ability get into arsenal's current team ...

Yes arsenal were actually, the young players bottled it but they brought a few good players with experience and its paid dividends. If they brought a few more players so they do not have to bring holding on I think we would be very scared of them winning the league.

United brought well and got rid of problems. The manager did well ... our core players our spine is shocking. Apart from kane and son ... the rest are quite average to poor. None of them have turned up and that is damming in itself.

Let's play a game what players on form and ability get into arsenal's current team ...

Why?
It will be different next season
Like it was last season
Nothing stays the same in football
Our new signings may well have a higher ceiling than any of the arsenal players. Hard to tell TBH until they are playing under a coach who can use them

Why?
It will be different next season
Like it was last season
Nothing stays the same in football
Our new signings may well have a higher ceiling than any of the arsenal players. Hard to tell TBH until they are playing under a coach who can use them

Sure, but what about the players already at the club they have not shown a thing to suggest they are going to have any balls to fight for anything

Dunno if utd bought well or the manager has done well. Better than last season but that isn't saying much. We'll finish with more points.

The squad they have they should be better.

Sure, but what about the players already at the club they have not shown a thing to suggest they are going to have any balls to fight for anything
Like you said
Arsenal players bottled it last season
They have bottled it this season
Their fans aren’t asking where are their balls…
But I’d argue we may well have those players here
It’s hard to tell with a coach that spent all the time attempting to teach them to be robots rather than high class footballers

Dunno if utd bought well or the manager has done well. Better than last season but that isn't saying much. We'll finish with more points.

The squad they have they should be better.
They have had two signings make a real impact in Martinez and Casimero
And he is a good manager, no doubt
Good enough to compete with the likes of city…. We will see
United seem to miss than spark still and rashford may not have the form of his life again
If they buy well (history shows they haven’t got great record there recently) they could overtake arsenal but city are way ahead IMO

I think Poch would be the logical choice, and his name will hang over the club until he gets another crack at it.

But I guess we should remember that he was fired after an appalling run of league form.

Maybe Levy just can’t get past that.

Or maybe he wants his next DoF to pick and is sorting that first.

Or maybe it’s already done and someone is seeing the season out elsewhere.
His name will stop hanging over the club the moment another manager gets us a similar run of form as peak Poch years. He wouldn't even have to win anything. Get us 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd (in other words, make us competitive enough to where the league title isn't a pipe dream) and no one will be clamoring for Poch anymore. Win us a title and Poch will be just a nice memory in the vein of Jol and nothing more.

They have had two signings make a real impact in Martinez and Casimero
And he is a good manager, no doubt
Good enough to compete with the likes of city…. We will see
United seem to miss than spark still and rashford may not have the form of his life again
If they buy well (history shows they haven’t got great record there recently) they could overtake arsenal but city are way ahead IMO

Casemiro and martinez are good players, no doubt. But hugely expensive (wages/transfer fees). Anthony...

Good buys debatable. Not saying ours were great.

As for manager? Fair enough, 1 cup, another final. But 5th would be disappointing (although i think they'll get 4th).

His name will stop hanging over the club the moment another manager gets us a similar run of form as peak Poch years. He wouldn't even have to win anything. Get us 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd (in other words, make us competitive enough to where the league title isn't a pipe dream) and no one will be clamoring for Poch anymore. Win us a title and Poch will be just a nice memory in the vein of Jol and nothing more.

If he goes chelsea i doubt it.

Back