• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
What is the project exactly is the point. What are our ambitions under our owners ... they say to be competitive ... is that enough for the set up we have.

I want to see the club push through the ceiling of the current strategy. As a fan of our club how can anyone begrudge me for wanting the best and not just settling to make up the numbers.

We can all agree we / levy has brick the bed since poch no? No direction, no plan at all. Buying players that do not address the key issues in the team or getting personnel that are not up to scratch.

Our transfer policy is brick! We spend, but not very well ...
"We can all agree we / levy has brick the bed since poch no?" No, the only reason anyone would think that the last few season have been bad is because under Levy we've got to the stage that anything less than competing for a trophy is a poor season. Compare that to before he took over. He's identified issues and is putting in place structures to address them (should've been done earlier)

Do you not think that Paratici spent money well while he was here?

"We can all agree we / levy has brick the bed since poch no?" No, the only reason anyone would think that the last few season have been bad is because under Levy we've got to the stage that anything less than competing for a trophy is a poor season. Compare that to before he took over. He's identified issues and is putting in place structures to address them (should've been done earlier)

Do you not think that Paratici spent money well while he was here?

By your point, we should keep levy because we need to remember what he did 20 years ago ... no just no.

And not competing for trophies is good?

Football is a competitive sport, and the end goal is to win. If you are happy with just existing then good for you. If only most of our current crop of players didn't share your attitude we could actually do things.

Paratici brought decent players but the team and squad have massive deficiencies.

By your point, we should keep levy because we need to remember what he did 20 years ago ... no just no.

And not competing for trophies is good?

Football is a competitive sport, and the end goal is to win. If you are happy with just existing then good for you. If only most of our current crop of players didn't share your attitude we could actually do things.

Paratici brought decent players but the team and squad have massive deficiencies.
Who said anything about what he did 20 years ago? Over the course of 20 years he has done what no other club has done, brought us from a mid table team at best to competing at the top of the table. As a result of that progress you are now moaning about a small drop off over 3 years. This included covid when we couldn't get the benefit of the stadium income.

And who said I was happy with just existing? Just because I don't act like a 5 year old shouting "I want, I want" doesn't mean I wouldn't like trophies but unlike a 5 year old I can see the circumstances and understand where we are and how we are progressing.

Who said anything about what he did 20 years ago? Over the course of 20 years he has done what no other club has done, brought us from a mid table team at best to competing at the top of the table. As a result of that progress you are now moaning about a small drop off over 3 years. This included covid when we couldn't get the benefit of the stadium income.

And who said I was happy with just existing? Just because I don't act like a 5 year old shouting "I want, I want" doesn't mean I wouldn't like trophies but unlike a 5 year old I can see the circumstances and understand where we are and how we are progressing.

Talk about balance, so who was shouting or moaning ... do you understand people have opinions without trying to portray others like children. How do you cope in the real world jeez.

The last three years I would say Levys appointments and decisions on the pitch have been below par for a long time. Can you understand that without trying to insinuate some narrative of people acting like children?

Talk about balance, so who was shouting or moaning ... do you understand people have opinions without trying to portray others like children. How do you cope in the real world jeez.

The last three years I would say Levys appointments and decisions on the pitch have been below par for a long time. Can you understand that without trying to insinuate some narrative of people acting like children?
There's plenty shouting and moaning, not seen some protesting? And I cope great in the real world, thanks for asking ;)

I agree that the last 3 appointments have been mistakes, but no club has a 100% record on appointing managers. No matter who you appoint there's a bit of a gamble, unless you get someone like Pep and can give him a few billion.

Seen nothing across these two games from Feyenoord that has impressed me.
They haven't been awful either. I like the fact that they look to attack and don't faff around the back too much. They are good at breaking the press and some nice crisp passing. All this against a team that on paper is much above them. Defensively they can be a bit suspect, though. Add better players, however, and it would be a different story. I've seen enough good things to not change my opinion about Slot.

Required disclaimer: I'd still prefer Gallardo. :)

Lol pecking order what is that... Chelsea turned that around albeit with money thrown, but at the very least you can say they had a plan to win titles and make themselves be the best.

Football is forever flowing there is no set place in any pecking order.
Which was exactly the point I was making. Just because we won a couple of titles back in the 60s doesn't mean diddly squat.

This is why I have been harping about this guy. He's just what we need. And he is someone who wants to be somewhere long term. Here are a couple of excerpts I liked the most:

His man-management skills became the stuff of legend. There were no major scandals or crises within the dressing room during his eight years in charge — a remarkable achievement in itself given the amount of melodrama baked into Argentine football. Training was usually intense and although he never shied away from dropping big-name players, dissent was rare. The sense was of a whole club pulling in the same direction.

“The fundamental thing is understanding people. You have to understand the person in order to get the best out of them as a footballer. I want people to understand me as well. Otherwise, it’s very difficult.” “Understand” is a word he uses a lot. Exactly 50 times during the course of our interview, in fact. Perhaps that inquisitiveness should not come as a surprise: Gallardo, after all, famously befriended a neuroscientist before taking the River job in June 2014 and later added her to his backroom staff. “Football is played on the pitch, but you can’t ignore what a person is feeling,” he says. “That aspect and its applications are what interested me in coaching, beyond the strategies and tactics that are part of the sport. It’s about the human process.”

Gallardo the coach is thrilled whenever a player — young or experienced — asks him why he is running a particular training drill in a certain way. “I love that,” he says. “I love the ‘whys?’ because it shows that individual wants to understand. There’s nothing better for a coach than to be able to have that type of dialogue, that positive commitment to deeper understanding. It also becomes a tremendous tool. “It’s an absolute pleasure for me when that interest is sparked in a player. I don’t have to go searching for it.”

“You have to always insist that the culture is strengthened and nurtured, that it doesn’t collapse,” says Gallardo. “When you accomplish that, as we were able to do, then you can truly say that there was a consolidated project in place. And it wasn’t just me. There was an entire team working together to make it happen. It’s not easy, but you have to try.”

Back