• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Went for the killer pass, or held on to the ball too long when looking for it, too often when he should just keep it moving.

Did look like he feels under a burden to show how good he can be, often looking for the Hollyood pass when a safer option was on and came a cropper more often than not. Wasn't the only culprit but probably the most frustrating.

But this so often happens when a player has been out for a while, he needs game time and patience. Not too sure when or even whether he'll get it any time soon.

Last edited:
Could it be the case of over hyping a youngster too soon? i mean, my misses watches Spurs now and again but when i'm out and about and we are on the t.v she will text me to keep me updated and she calls him the "not very good one" and she does not really know a thing about football and i actually rate him but not as much as other do on here.

I can't actually put my finger on exactly what he did wrong. Personally I felt he kept it fairly simple back there and showed much better passing ability than either Dembele or Dier. Yes there were a few bad ones, but we were pushing for a goal and he was trying to make things happen.

The goal we conceded I firmly place at the feet of Wimmer and Rose. Bentaleb was in the position he was meant to be in and the only midfielder we could point the finger at is Son for not keeping goal side of Zaha when he initially got hold of the ball.

I can't actually put my finger on exactly what he did wrong. Personally I felt he kept it fairly simple back there and showed much better passing ability than either Dembele or Dier. Yes there were a few bad ones, but we were pushing for a goal and he was trying to make things happen.

The goal we conceded I firmly place at the feet of Wimmer and Rose. Bentaleb was in the position he was meant to be in and the only midfielder we could point the finger at is Son for not keeping goal side of Zaha when he initially got hold of the ball.
He didn't do a whole lot wrong from what I saw. I few misplaced passes when we were trying to force the issue near the end but mostly he played it safe. It was a solid if unspectacular performance and one that probably would have got less attention if the final result was different (which it could easily have been).
I think he was not trying to do anything too expansive for the most part but it did call for a few risks at the end which didn't really come off. 6/10.

His last 15 mins was poor but that could be said for many of our players. He did ok, as many others have said he needs games.

A tough time for him to come back from a long lay-off, with so much pressure on all the games now. He'll need to get up to speed quickly, we don't have the luxury of giving anybody time at this stage. That goes for Mason too.

More Rose than Wimmer for me. Big fan of Rose but I couldn't understand why he decided to go after Zaha whose run down the middle was already being challenged by Son and covered by Wimmer when Kelly was out wide all on his own in the area Rose should have been covering.

Well taken goal though. Some will say Vorm should have got something on it but it was struck very fiercely from close range and rising just inside his left post. Even though it seemed Vorm had it covered it's very rare you see any keeper stop that kind of shot just inside his near post.

Need to keep playing him until he gets into form IMO. If he's not ready to step up in the league due to injuries we could have real problems on our hands.

I wonder if all the hysteria about Bentaleb and (confusingly) Onomah comes out if we just stick a couple of our many chances away in the first half.

Our approach play was very good for huge parts of the game, and I thought Nabil made some nice incisive forward passes to feet. The chips didn't come off and he had one poor shot, but i thought he had a decent first 75 min, before trailing off b/c he isn't match fit.

I get that people are dissapointed, but it was just one of those days. Hopefully, now we can load up to beat Fiorentina on Thursday.

Townsend was getting chances because he showed the right attitude and was the consummate professional. If the reports about Bentaleb are to be believed, that may be his problem. If he can't deal with the adversity of falling down in the pecking order and is complaining about his contract, then he's going to be a problem that will affect squad harmony and we all know what a stickler Poch is about that.

Pochettino:
"But we keep a very good relationship with Nabil and be sure that, if he works like he works in the last few weeks, he will have the possibility to play. It's always about a football decision, and performance."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eassures-nabil-bentaleb-over-tottenham-future

I wonder if all the hysteria about Bentaleb and (confusingly) Onomah comes out if we just stick a couple of our many chances away in the first half.

Our approach play was very good for huge parts of the game, and I thought Nabil made some nice incisive forward passes to feet. The chips didn't come off and he had one poor shot, but i thought he had a decent first 75 min, before trailing off b/c he isn't match fit.

I get that people are dissapointed, but it was just one of those days. Hopefully, now we can load up to beat Fiorentina on Thursday.

Spot on for me.

People complain about hollywood passes and too many misplaced passes, but whoscored has him at a 88.1% pass completion despite him playing a fairly expansive game looking for the quick forward pass a lot of the time.

Obviously he's going to be short on match fitness as he hasn't been getting much game time. But this was a good game back from him and something to build on.

Could it be the case of over hyping a youngster too soon? i mean, my misses watches Spurs now and again but when i'm out and about and we are on the t.v she will text me to keep me updated and she calls him the "not very good one" and she does not really know a thing about football and i actually rate him but not as much as other do on here.

We do have a habit of doing that over the years.

Back