• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Am i the only one laughing at the comparison of Bentaleb and Pogba/de Bruyne?
Hes not directly comparing them, hes comparing the situation.

Pogba wasn't released because they didn't think he was talented enough, was because of his wage demands.

This would be a similar situation, and Id be very disappointed if he does go. Hes still so young, id ultimately support whatever Poch decides but with Bentalebs talent I would have thought Poch could mould him the way he wants him to perform....

Pogba wasn't released because they didn't think he was talented enough, was because of his wage demands.

This would be a similar situation, and Id be very excited if he does go. Hes still so young, id ultimately support whatever Poch decides but with Bentalebs talent I would have thought Poch could mould him the way he wants him to perform....

Bentaleb was given a new contract that he willingly signed.

De Bruyne didnt have any disuptes with Chelsea, other than the fact that they didnt play him, he went to Germany and improved as a player.

Bentaleb is a good functional midfielder i have largely been impressed with him, but i dont see an inner De Bruyne.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 12m12 minutes ago
Mauricio on adorably cute photos of animals: "@tom_carroll92 cut his Achilles. We hope it’s only 7-10 days & he'll be available again."

So with Carroll out perfect opportunity for some Bentaleb in the squad.

Was just going to post that as well. I think we'll see at least one of Dier and Dembele on Sunday, possibly both. It should be an opportunity for Bentaleb - wonder whether Winks will get the nod instead

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 12m12 minutes ago
Mauricio on adorably cute photos of animals: "@tom_carroll92 cut his Achilles. We hope it’s only 7-10 days & he'll be available again."

So with Carroll out perfect opportunity for some Bentaleb in the squad.

That is a shame, when he went off last night we lost the control we had in M/F. As for this ITK about Bentaleb we shall see, this will not go down well but I have never seen why he got so much hype last season and if he will not conform to what Pooch wants then I will not shed any tears if he leaves.

Somebody reading a couple of previous press reports, noticing that he wasn't included last night and putting 2+2 together and making 5?

Hasn't this "ITK" already shown that they are anything but over the course of the last couple of transfer windows?

Bentaleb was given a new contract that he willingly signed.

De Bruyne didnt have any disuptes with Chelsea, other than the fact that they didnt play him, he went to Germany and improved as a player.

Bentaleb is a good functional midfielder i have largely been impressed with him, but i dont see an inner De Bruyne.
Yes I don't see the parallels with De Bruyne, but I do with Pogba

This would be a similar situation, and Id be very excited if he does go. Hes still so young, id ultimately support whatever Poch decides but with Bentalebs talent I would have thought Poch could mould him the way he wants him to perform....
Out of curiosity why does it say 'excited' where I said disappointed?!

Yes I don't see the parallels with De Bruyne, but I do with Pogba

As much as I like Nabil, I cannot imagine him growing into the dynamism of Pogba. If there's any parallel situation, it could be Matic, but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves. He is on a long-term contract and coming off a long-term injury. It's quite clear that Poch wanted four CMs between the XI and the bench, and he remains behind Carroll, Dembele, Mason, and Dier. Plenty of players in our current squad have gone through periods where they were frustrated because of playing time, but once the chance opens back up, I'm sure Bentaleb will step back in.

As much as I like Nabil, I cannot imagine him growing into the dynamism of Pogba. If there's any parallel situation, it could be Matic, but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves. He is on a long-term contract and coming off a long-term injury. It's quite clear that Poch wanted four CMs between the XI and the bench, and he remains behind Carroll, Dembele, Mason, and Dier. Plenty of players in our current squad have gone through periods where they were frustrated because of playing time, but once the chance opens back up, I'm sure Bentaleb will step back in.

You're making the mistake of viewing this from our reality.

....having said that, if Tielemans were to be brought into the squad in the summer, would he bring some/most of the qualities that a fit and firing Bentaleb would?
:oops::eek:

If we sell Bentaleb in the summer, and only him of the midfielders, then I don't think we'd look for someone like Tielemans to replace him.
Bentaleb would then represent the defensive midfield cover in our midfield, and we'd be more likely to go for Tielemans team mate at Anderlecht - Leander Dendoncker.
That would bring a far better balance to our midfield options. Tielemans for me is someone we could look at if we sell Carroll and perhaps Mason.

We fans though, shouldn't take note of gossip and off pitch behaviour from Bentaleb. Let Pochettino decide on that matter, he'll get rid if it's gone to far.
As long as Bentaleb is a Spur player we should support him and hope he come back to his best. Don't hold ITK against him.

And one of the things that Poch looks at is how they deal with this frustration. As good a player as Bentaleb may be (and I still don't get the hype about him), if he doesn't put his head down and apply himself to prove he deserves a spot, he's outta here would be my guess.

If we sell Bentaleb in the summer, and only him of the midfielders, then I don't think we'd look for someone like Tielemans to replace him.
Bentaleb would then represent the defensive midfield cover in our midfield, and we'd be more likely to go for Tielemans team mate at Anderlecht - Leander Dendoncker.
That would bring a far better balance to our midfield options. Tielemans for me is someone we could look at if we sell Carroll and perhaps Mason.
Now that's a proper DM name: Dendoncker. Donck the brick out of the opposition.

Again,not talking about comparing them as players.....

Pochettino praised Bentaleb's work rate not that long ago...

Pochettino had other options available last season and trusted Bentaleb massively. Bentaleb also started this season before his injury problems.

If there are off the pitch problems I imagine Pochettino will find a way to sort it out with a player that has been praised several times for his work rate and has obvious talent. He's still very young, even younger than Dier and quite a bit younger than Mason, Carroll etc. His consistency last season was very impressive and a set back was only to be expected sooner or later.

I doubt he will be anywhere near the league first team, may get a run out instead of Carrol.
He is now way down the midfield Pecking order.
I think he could be off this summer. I would not pick unless I had no alternative.

Last edited:
I doubt he will be anywhere near the league first team, may get a run out instead of Carrol.
He is now way down the midfield Pecking order.
I think he could be off this summer. I would not pick unless I had no alternative.

Where in the central midfield pecking order did Dier and Dembele look at this point last season? Where in the pecking order did Carroll look when he was returning from Swansea and then returning from injury?

People were writing off Ben Davies at this point last season.

Bentaleb is still younger than Matic was when he was sold from Chelsea to Portugal. He's also younger than Carrick was when we signed him from the Championship. And he's about 3 years younger than Andros Townsend who was still getting chances under Pochettino this time last season before being given up on.

Back