• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

I still think the jury is out on Bentaleb. He's still very young, and I don't think he's the finished article yet. Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for the lad and I'm fairly optimistic he'll be a great player for us, but this season will be crucial in his development.

So this new contract is very good news. I was starting to get a bad feeling about that delay, but now that he's signed, I think by this time next year he'll be recognised as one of the best central midfielders in the league.

Bentaleb can go on to be better than say Schneiderlin. At just 20 years old he has considerable talent already. If he can keep improving, particularly adding goals, he will be a player.

“I’m really happy to commit myself to the club until 2020," Bentaleb told the club's website. "It’s a good achievement for me, I’ve been working hard to get a contract like this.

“You can see how much it means to me by signing a five-year deal and how I fight everyday on the pitch.

“I’ve had some ups and downs, but the most important thing is that I’ve learned a lot and I hope I will continue to learn. The club has given me the trust and I have to thank them for that and keep working really hard to achieve things with Tottenham.”

The guy comes across very well in all his interviews. Still see him as captain material in a few years time when he's grown up a bit and perhaps lost a little bit of his fiery tempermant.

tumblr_m50h6nyXgx1qj3ir1.gif

GB does spout some but I think he has a fair point

Don't forget Southampton play a very defensive formation and system where as were more expansive and bentelab has shown plenty of scope and quality

He's shown he can shoot too. Some long range daisy cutters. If he can start firing shots with a touch more precision into the corners of the goal, he could add 5 to 10 goals over a season. Still a lot to come from him tho. He's not there yet. His passing is crisp,but the rest of his game can come on leaps and bounds.

He's shown he can shoot too. Some long range daisy cutters. If he can start firing shots with a touch more precision into the corners of the goal, he could add 5 to 10 goals over a season. Still a lot to come from him tho. He's not there yet. His passing is crisp,but the rest of his game can come on leaps and bounds.

I'd be ecstatic if he hit that many goals as it's not key to his current role but a really nice to have characteristic

fair point.

I actually think the Bentaleb is more captain material, but not by much. Kane is more a lead by example type. Bentaleb is an organiser.

Kane's already worn the armband. I think Bentaleb is at least a year or two away from that honour.

he is good, and glad we have more time to work on/with him.

not sure if poch's system is best for his development though. i enjoy watching him in a more forward position as he does for country.

Always thought his positioning was a bit dodgy, but his passing today... I can't even think of any words to describe how bad he's been. He's playing like it's a showpiece friendly.

Back