• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Same as Townsend right? I sincerely hope this really isn't the case

The situations appear to be quite different and Bentaleb has been in the first team squad and in the team in the last month. I think that it is positive that he is asking to play and hopefully it shows that he is prepared to fight for his place.

The situations appear to be quite different and Bentaleb has been in the first team squad and in the team in the last month. I think that it is positive that he is asking to play and hopefully it shows that he is prepared to fight for his place.

You're probably right and just about match fitness. I saw that he came off after an hour tonight perhaps in order that he's not knackered if needed to bench warm on Sat.

Missed him against West Ham. Or rather, missed an in form Bentaleb...

He gets quite a lot of criticism for losing the ball or making mistakes on the ball. But he's one of those willing to play with a risk and try to create space for himself and others by moving the ball around quickly. We weren't able to do that against West Ham, for several reasons.

Many reasons but mainly because a midfield of Dier, Mason, Dembele, Alli and Eriksen means he shouldn't get close. Add Carroll to the mix it's clear he is down Pochs pecking order thankfully.

Ok, but why are you 'thankful' that he's currently moving down the pecking order? I seem to dislike the player himself...

Ok, but why are you 'thankful' that he's currently moving down the pecking order? I seem to dislike the player himself...

I don't want to get involved in any conversation on a personal level so I'll just say that I don't see him offering any more than the aforementioned.

Haha very good. I'll say it again I don't think Mason makes it if all players are fully fit.
Glad you took that in good spirit, it's the way it was meant.
There's none of our squad I would like to move on yet. There's still time for them all to mature into top class players.

Many reasons but mainly because a midfield of Dier, Mason, Dembele, Alli and Eriksen means he shouldn't get close. Add Carroll to the mix it's clear he is down Pochs pecking order thankfully.

Two of those first 5 we don't use in CM regularly

With Dier (possibly) tiring, this is exactly when Bentaleb could really play a part. I like Carroll, have said so consistently but Bentaleb is stronger and surely more up for a battle. Poch seems not to consider him at the moment, to an outsider it seems very strange.

I'm hoping this brainfart will be sold in the summer.
I think it would be a huge shame if he was sold in the Summer. He clearly has lots of talent and potentially a very high ceiling. He hasn't had a particularly good season, but that is not uncommon for young players.

On Saturday after going 2-1 up and with Arsenal throwing caution t the wind, I thought that we lacked a strong central midfield presence on our bench, somebody who could come on primarily to help Dier defensively. Bentaleb could've been that option for us.

It all depends on what Pooch decides to do this summer, if he goes into the market for another M/F player then we could see one or two leave.

Of those who I consider to be among those who play the five positions Dier, Dembele, Carrol, Ali, Mason, Bentaleb, Ericksen, Pritchard I can see if we bring another in they will probably be exits for one or two.

It all depends on what Pooch decides to do this summer, if he goes into the market for another M/F player then we could see one or two leave.

Of those who I consider to be among those who play the five positions Dier, Dembele, Carrol, Ali, Mason, Bentaleb, Ericksen, Pritchard I can see if we bring another in they will probably be exits for one or two.
What about Son, Chadli, Lamela and Onomah?

Well apart from Onomah ( who I have not seen enough off) and Lamela ( who I did forget :eek:) I do not class the others as M/F players, others may do you?
I don't think that either Son or Chadli are adequate Centre forwards and therefore I think we have to class them alongside the likes of Lamela, Alli and Eriksen.

Back