• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

I don't think that either Son or Chadli are adequate Centre forwards and therefore I think we have to class them alongside the likes of Lamela, Alli and Eriksen.

Fair enough and if that is the case I can definitely see a few out goings, if Poch decides to bring in another.

I don't want to get involved in any conversation on a personal level so I'll just say that I don't see him offering any more than the aforementioned.

Bentaleb is now around the same age as Mason was when he went on loan to Swindon after a failed loan spell in France...

For me hardly the time to give up on a player who has shown ability and application.

Well apart from Onomah ( who I have not seen enough off) and Lamela ( who I did forget :eek:) I do not class the others as M/F players, others may do you?

If you count 5 midfielders Son and Chadli play the majority of their games in one of those 5 midfield spots.

Id be surprised if he played tonight, Dembele is a guaranteed starter and suspect he will play in the dier role and Mason will be further forward.
It would be more interesting to see if he plays against Villa and we both rest Dier for a few weeks and keep his yellows at 9 for Utd and Liverpool

Id be surprised if he played tonight, Dembele is a guaranteed starter and suspect he will play in the dier role and Mason will be further forward.
It would be more interesting to see if he plays against Villa and we both rest Dier for a few weeks and keep his yellows at 9 for Utd and Liverpool

He sadly should/could have gone for the next two with another yellow. That might not have been a bad thing as it would have zeroed his yellow?

How is NB now behind Carroll in games like tonight. We were obviously going to be on the back foot and NB has plenty of international experience and can graft. I'm sorry but if Carroll is a better player then I haven't seen it. Carroll isn't even tidy, constantly pops it off to the opposition.

How is NB now behind Carroll in games like tonight. We were obviously going to be on the back foot and NB has plenty of international experience and can graft. I'm sorry but if Carroll is a better player then I haven't seen it. Carroll isn't even tidy, constantly pops it off to the opposition.

Carroll>Bentaleb

My dog>Bentaleb

There's no need to post the same thing in multiple threads @Benny_Lad

i wanted to see him on the pitch today if only to confirm my views on him against top opposition.(wou'dn't think it would have changed the result anyway).

I think he's been told he's out the door this coming transfer window. Despite the lapses that a lot of people are talking about, he had the makings of a top player and nearly all of us were asking at the end of last season who was going to be partnering him in the future.

I don't believe that he has fallen below Mason and Carroll purely on a skill basis, and I think his behaviour last summer and since has seen him burn his bridges. On the plus side, he will fetch a decent amount of money (no reason to not look for £15 million) because of his age and relative experience.

Well, if Bentaleb really is out the door this summer, this illustrates the dangers of giving youngsters who have that "winning mentality/attitude" too much too soon -perhaps he also thought he was a future captain and was destined for Madrid....

erm i think its a bit pointless rationalizing bentaleb's value by comparing him to carroll. both IMO are not good enough for us if we are going to try to push for the title again next season.

erm i think its a bit pointless rationalizing bentaleb's value by comparing him to carroll. both IMO are not good enough for us if we are going to try to push for the title again next season.

Bentaleb is plenty good enough for a 4th choice CM. He's got all the ability in the world.

Carroll is a try-hard, but lacks the physicality and aggression for the league/system. Bentaleb has the tools to be one of the best in Europe, but he needs to let himself be coached and have his edges knocked off.

Just like Davies, Trippier, Walker, Vertonghen, Dier, Lamela, Chadli, Alli, Kane etc then?

Bentaleb is plenty good enough for a 4th choice CM. He's got all the ability in the world.

Carroll is a try-hard, but lacks the physicality and aggression for the league/system. Bentaleb has the tools to be one of the best in Europe, but he needs to let himself be coached and have his edges knocked off.

Hope you're right. Getting kind of worrying that Bentaleb remains this far down the pecking order this long after his injury. Hope he bounces back in style...

I can see why Poch didn't want to play Bentaleb. Carroll has his limitations, but he doesn't give the ball away in dangerous areas like Bentaleb still does.

My thoughts as well as I do like Carroll and the way he plays, As for Bentaleb ( and Mason as well) the hype that surrounded both these last season was way over the top. I would not be surprised ( if Poch decides we need another M/F player in the summer) to see at least one of those moved on.

Back