• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

So therefore NOT Levy's fault then...if Levy's offer was a problem from the start, he'd not have been given the impression that it was a formality all along and that the final key meeting was just to finalise leaving/signing-on terms...
It would not have got to that point if the offer was deemed a problem from the beginning would it?

players agree contracts with a potential new club way before transfers fees are agreed. Its always gone on. So MS agreed a deal with Spurs, and then it was up to Spurs to come to an agreement with Southampton. It could have been 50/50 in terms of who is to blame. Maybe if Spurs had gone in with a more serious offer at the beginning then the negotiations might have gone on and come to a quicker conclusion. Maybe we were just too slow at the beginning. Southampton were in the wrong to go back on their promise to allow MS to leave.

the deal didnt happen so we just have to move on.

players agree contracts with a potential new club way before transfers fees are agreed. Its always gone on. So MS agreed a deal with Spurs, and then it was up to Spurs to come to an agreement with Southampton. It could have been 50/50 in terms of who is to blame. Maybe if Spurs had gone in with a more serious offer at the beginning then the negotiations might have gone on and come to a quicker conclusion. Maybe we were just too slow at the beginning. Southampton were in the wrong to go back on their promise to allow MS to leave.

the deal didnt happen so we just have to move on.

What's make you say it was like this in this case? I had always read it that we agreed a deal with the CLUB first. What have YOU read that makes it seem the club dealt with Schneiderlin first?

What's make you say it was like this in this case? I had always read it that we agreed a deal with the CLUB first. What have YOU read that makes it seem the club dealt with Schneiderlin first?

i never read that Spurs had agreed a deal with Southampton.

As i said, with the majority of transfers players come to an agreement with their new club before any deal is agreed between the clubs. Its called tapping up ;)

i never read that Spurs had agreed a deal with Southampton.

As i said, with the majority of transfers players come to an agreement with their new club before any deal is agreed between the clubs. Its called tapping up ;)

And what makes YOU think it happened in the Schneiderlin case? Or are YOU making assumptions?

There is a lot of guesswork going on here about what really happened. :rolleyes:

and? is there anything wrong with having a discussion about what might have happened. Of course no-one knows for sure but hey it just passes the time :)

And what makes YOU think it happened in the Schneiderlin case? Or are YOU making assumptions?

of course its an assumption, just like you are making assumptions. Im sure you dont know the full truth just like i dont. Just my opinion

I dont see why Southampton would allow MS to leave for 10 mill when they sold Lovren for 20 mill and Shaw for 32 mill. It makes no sense whatsoever :)

and? is there anything wrong with having a discussion about what might have happened. Of course no-one knows for sure but hey it just passes the time :)

None at all but you know some will blame Levy for the sun not shining ( even during the night). Why encourage them?

of course its an assumption, just like you are making assumptions. Im sure you dont know the full truth just like i dont. Just my opinion

I dont see why Southampton would allow MS to leave for 10 mill when they sold Lovren for 20 mill and Shaw for 32 mill. It makes no sense whatsoever :)

Indeed, it is about opinion.
Your opinion seems that Levy dealt with Schneiderlin's people and whispered sweet nothings to them and said "don't worry, i'll deal with that Kruger lot leave it to me" before then only offering £10M and a bag of crisps.
At least that's unbiased;)

Indeed, it is about opinion.
Your opinion seems that Levy dealt with Schneiderlin's people and whispered sweet nothings to them and said "don't worry, i'll deal with that Kruger lot leave it to me" before then only offering £10M and a bag of crisps.
At least that's unbiased;)

:) yeah thats pretty much how i see it

no, im not blaming Levy as such, i mean he is what he is, he loves to negotiate hard and do a deal and sometimes in works in our favour and sometimes it doesnt.

all i hope is that we have new targets this summer and we manage to quickly secure them. Thats what Poch needs

So therefore NOT Levy's fault then...if Levy's offer was a problem from the start, he'd not have been given the impression that it was a formality all along and that the final key meeting was just to finalise leaving/signing-on terms...
It would not have got to that point if the offer was deemed a problem from the beginning would it?
But every one else involved in the "pillage" of Soton completed their deals so how come Levy was not able to or left it until Soton's board had decided enough is enough? I get the impression he was trying to do a complicated deal that just took too long. If indeed his offer to Soton had been accepted.

None at all but you know some will blame Levy for the sun not shining ( even during the night). Why encourage them?
Not at all I have always defended levy, I'm just confused as to how he didn't complete a deal when Liverpool took 3 players and Arsenal 1. Plus why was he trying to bring in Rodriguez too? Levy is not above criticism he has been a very good chairman but has dropped a gonad* here and there too.

But every one else involved in the "pillage" of Soton completed their deals so how come Levy was not able to or left it until Soton's board had decided enough is enough? I get the impression he was trying to do a complicated deal that just took too long. If indeed his offer to Soton had been accepted.

I think the others were able to throw silly money at those players, and of course when you do that deals tend to be done quick (so they can run away before you realise you've been had; how many of those big money deals look worth the money now, btw?).
What makes you say we were trying to do a complicated deal? Is that just your own impression for past experience and reports of Levy (like IndianSpurs) or do you base this opinion on an article reported at that time?

I think the others were able to throw silly money at those players, and of course when you do that deals tend to be done quick (so they can run away before you realise you've been had; how many of those big money deals look worth the money now, btw?).
What makes you say we were trying to do a complicated deal? Is that just your own impression for past experience and reports of Levy (like IndianSpurs) or do you base this opinion on an article reported at that time?
Well taking 2 players especially one who has a long term injury is always going to be more complicated that just focusing on one.

:) yeah thats pretty much how i see it

no, im not blaming Levy as such, i mean he is what he is, he loves to negotiate hard and do a deal and sometimes in works in our favour and sometimes it doesnt.

all i hope is that we have new targets this summer and we manage to quickly secure them. Thats what Poch needs
We Tried that last season and ended up with Stambouli. If we want to seriously challenge for top 4, if we don't want Poch to end up like our other managers we need to get in at least one world class player in one of our positions of need. That means spending big unfortunately otherwise we will be an also ran.

Well taking 2 players especially one who has a long term injury is always going to be more complicated that just focusing on one.

Oh, so nothing more than that? Sounds like an assumption not even based on reports/an article...a bit harsh to come to such a judgement if that's the case purely based on the fact that "one of the players had a long-term injury"...

We Tried that last season and ended up with Stambouli. If we want to seriously challenge for top 4, if we don't want Poch to end up like our other managers we need to get in at least one world class player in one of our positions of need. That means spending big unfortunately otherwise we will be an also ran.

i dont expect us to spend big and i think Poch knows this.

Oh, so nothing more than that? Sounds like an assumption not even based on reports/an article...a bit harsh to come to such a judgement if that's the case purely based on the fact that "one of the players had a long-term injury"...
I don't understand your point? It is a perfectly fair assumption based on the fact we knew from reports we wanted Rodriguez, he had a long term injury and the other clubs completed their deals. Why is that judgement harsh?

Back