• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Yeah, but this happened a month ago when a flurry of bets all came in for MS to Spurs. I still reckon he will end up at Arsenal, just saying that the betting maket isn't the best indicator.

I agree. I have said all along that I think he will end up at the scum. I therefore never got excited personally.

If a CL club is genuinely in for him, then it is unlikely he will play for us. But you just don't know how much truth there is in these various stories. You see paper talk like the Dembele to Chel$ea piece and you can't help think: did Spurs leak that to push up his price? Same with MS, are the goon stories a way to play us off? How would you know for sure if you were in Baldini's position?

I don't know what our back up options are. But we need a relatively experienced midfielder who fits Poch's way of playing. This guy fits the brief.

Song would fit the bill. PL experienced, well schooled at Scum academy, sound DM with good passing ( his link up with RVP was exceptional) and we can surely out bid wet spam for him. Sounds ideal to me.

Song would fit the bill. PL experienced, well schooled at Scum academy, sound DM with good passing ( his link up with RVP was exceptional) and we can surely out bid wet spam for him. Sounds ideal to me.

Said it another thread and I'm sure we had a similar conversation earlier this season. Song is a good creative player but IMO not good enough defensively. He isn't a ball winner, more a deep lying play maker

He also struggled massively in the second half of the season which is a worry

Looks like we are going to lose this guy to Man Utd which will really tinkle me off. It's not often I criticise Levy, but I think he and his transfer committee have dropped a gonad* here. We should have got him in early last season, while Liverpool were wrapping up their players, not leave it late then try to complicate the deal by bringing in Rodriguez too. Should have made him target number 1 forget Davies and Vorm and we wouldn't have needed stambouli. By the time Soton said they were not selling him we had lost our opportunity. I agree with Veron in his thread why do we feel we have have to spend money on bringing in three mediocre players and miss out on the top quality player that may have been gettable and who would have improved us immensely.

Looks like we are going to lose this guy to Man Utd which will really tinkle me off. It's not often I criticise Levy, but I think he and his transfer committee have dropped a cobbler here. We should have got him in early last season, while Liverpool were wrapping up their players, not leave it late then try to complicate the deal by bringing in Rodriguez too. Should have made him target number 1 forget Davies and Vorm and we wouldn't have needed stambouli. By the time Soton said they were not selling him we had lost our opportunity. I agree with Veron in his thread why do we feel we have have to spend money on bringing in three mediocre players and miss out on the top quality player that may have been gettable and who would have improved us immensely.

It's never easy though is it unless you literally throw money around

You also have to remember that Southampton now have a superiority complex and me see us as competition so would t necessarily want to sell to so but last season Liverpool were gonna win the league... And we're there fore not in southampstons league

It's the same with West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine...

It's never easy though is it unless you literally throw money around

You also have to remember that Southampton now have a superiority complex and me see us as competition so would t necessarily want to sell to so but last season Liverpool were gonna win the league... And we're there fore not in southampstons league

It's the same with West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine...
But going by the reports an agreement was in place with schneiderlin, but the club decided to complicate it by trying for both schneiderlin and Rodriguez. Can't even understand the hurry with Rodriguez because he was injured. While trying to finalise the deal as I understand it, Southampton's board pulled the plug. Why did we not just put all our eggs in the schneiderlin basket? Was it my Mr Levy was trying to take advantage of Southampton? Is that why Chelsea won't deal with us now despite dealing with both Arsenal and Liverpool?

Last edited:
But going by the reports an agreement was in place with schneiderlin, but the club decided to complicate it by trying for both schneiderlin and Rodriguez. Can't even understand the hurry with Rodriguez because he was injured. While trying to finalise the deal as I understand it, Southampton's board pulled the plug. Why did we not just put all our eggs in the schneiderlin basket? Was it my Mr Levy was trying to take advantage of Southampton? Is that why Chelsea won't deal with us now despite dealing with both Arsenal and Liverpool?

I think there were several reports that a deal was in place with both the club and Schneiderlin's camp. It was fan reaction to the sale of Chambers to Arsenal (i.e. they looked at the board as classic asset-strippers when selling one of 'their own' as well) and then when Schneiderlin went to meet them with his reps which was meant to be a formality to sign with us and dot the is and cross the ts with regard to final leaving bonus, sign-ons etc they (Soton) did a last-minute about turn and said "no, you're staying."
This randon last-minute change of position was why he then went on a twitter strop at that time. He had also apparently sold his house as well.
I'm not sure Levy could really be blamed last year tbh as a deal and fee had been agreed and it was only THEIR board that changed THEIR minds last minute...

I think there were several reports that a deal was in place with both the club and Schneiderlin's camp. It was fan reaction to the sale of Chambers to Arsenal (i.e. they looked at the board as classic asset-strippers when selling one of 'their own' as well) and then when Schneiderlin went to meet them with his reps which was meant to be a formality to sign with us and dot the is and cross the ts with regard to final leaving bonus, sign-ons etc they (Soton) did a last-minute about turn and said "no, you're staying."
This randon last-minute change of position was why he then went on a twitter strop at that time. He had also apparently sold his house as well.
I'm not sure Levy could really be blamed last year tbh as a deal and fee had been agreed and it was only THEIR board that changed THEIR minds last minute...

i really doubt there was any agreement between Tottenham and Southampton. The offer from Spurs being reported at the time was around 10 mill. Why would Southampton agree to sell their best player for 10 mill when they were at the same time getting 32 for Shaw, 20 for Lovren, 24 for Lalllana etc It is more likely that Spurs had come to an agreement with Schneiderlins people but then refused to go anywhere near what the saints wanted as a transfer fee. At that point as you say Southampton decided to stop any more sales and told MS to stay put

i really doubt there was any agreement between Tottenham and Southampton. The offer from Spurs being reported at the time was around 10 mill. Why would Southampton agree to sell their best player for 10 mill when they were at the same time getting 32 for Shaw, 20 for Lovren, 24 for Lalllana etc It is more likely that Spurs had come to an agreement with Schneiderlins people but then refused to go anywhere near what the saints wanted as a transfer fee. At that point as you say Southampton decided to stop any more sales and told MS to stay put

If that was true, how do you explain the Schneiderlin 'strop' which at its heart was based on a feeling of being told one thing and at the last minute another? It's one thing to not get a move you want, quite another to feel it was all a formality until the very last minute

If that was true, how do you explain the Schneiderlin 'strop' which at its heart was based on a feeling of being told one thing and at the last minute another? It's one thing to not get a move you want, quite another to feel it was all a formality until the very last minute

of course he is going to strop. He thought he was being allowed to leave like the others but he was the only one prevented from doing so.:) Bit unfair isnt it.

of course he is going to strop. He thought he was being allowed to leave like the others but he was the only one prevented from doing so.:) Bit unfair isnt it.

So therefore NOT Levy's fault then...if Levy's offer was a problem from the start, he'd not have been given the impression that it was a formality all along and that the final key meeting was just to finalise leaving/signing-on terms...
It would not have got to that point if the offer was deemed a problem from the beginning would it?

Back