• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

Will this lad be a first teamer next season do you think?

Many hope so. It's in his favour that we've got Europa League for the potential opportunity here or there. I think it was discussed that we'll want him to stick around to start the path to bring considered home grown or whatever it's called.

I'm not sure I see him being a fully fledged 1st team player, but getting exposure to first team training / the match day experience should only do him well.

This idea that Werner has only signed a loan being with a mind to a succession plan for Moore seems a little bit much as even if we only keep Timo for the season, that area of the squad will look different after three transfer windows. No point hyping him up or writing him off, we'll see how Ange plays it and Moore has the pre season to make an impression.

That said, the kid needs to get off his arse and make an impact given what Yamal is doing, time is running out, I've been telling my nephew the same thing as he's approaching the same age and is nowhere near the English national team, the lazy prick.

Many hope so. It's in his favour that we've got Europa League for the potential opportunity here or there. I think it was discussed that we'll want him to stick around to start the path to bring considered home grown or whatever it's called.

I'm not sure I see him being a fully fledged 1st team player, but getting exposure to first team training / the match day experience should only do him well.

This idea that Werner has only signed a loan being with a mind to a succession plan for Moore seems a little bit much as even if we only keep Timo for the season, that area of the squad will look different after three transfer windows. No point hyping him up or writing him off, we'll see how Ange plays it and Moore has the pre season to make an impression.

That said, the kid needs to get off his arse and make an impact given what Yamal is doing, time is running out, I've been telling my nephew the same thing as he's approaching the same age and is nowhere near the English national team, the lazy prick.
It’s all about the attitude with the yoof of today
Want it all on a plate
No effort
Whereas in Spain… they know what their doing
I mean Yamal started out in Kajagoogoo before playing football

He has been scoring goals for fun as a centre forward, I am intrigued, why are you interested if he can play wide?
Centre forward? He runs at the defence with the ball from what I have seen?

Also referred to as a left winger on transfermarkt/wiki. So where do those calling him to play for first team see him playing as it seems pretty obvious to me he is a winger as he’ll last about two games running centrally like that.

Last edited:
Centre forward? He runs at the defence with the ball from what I have seen?

Also referred to as a left winger on transfermarkt/wiki. So where do those calling him to play for first team see him playing as it seems pretty obvious to me he is a winger as he’ll last about two games running centrally like that.

Seems he can play any of the 3 positions behind the striker from what i’ve seen. In the euros he swapped from left to right wing in at least one game.

Thought he has a great 45mins vs Hearts.

Played down the right, but comfortable with both feet.
Always looking to create space, either by running past the full back, or checking back and dropping off them.

Some great weighted balls down the line to Spence. Made him work for a couple, but played into space for him.

Hearts made fewer subs than us by HT but got completely rocked that second half. I missed the first half of the match so I can't compare the two halves (aside from the scoreline which might not tell us too much) but we looked very dominant. I think we always have trouble when it comes to passing in the opposition penalty box: we don't seem to know whether to lay it off to the edge of the box, try a square ball into the middle of the box and hope someone can connect/OG, or go the aerial route and cross it. Seems like we were doing a bit better in this regard but again, scoreline doesn't really tell us as much as we might want it to.

Hearts made fewer subs than us by HT but got completely rocked that second half. I missed the first half of the match so I can't compare the two halves (aside from the scoreline which might not tell us too much) but we looked very dominant. I think we always have trouble when it comes to passing in the opposition penalty box: we don't seem to know whether to lay it off to the edge of the box, try a square ball into the middle of the box and hope someone can connect/OG, or go the aerial route and cross it. Seems like we were doing a bit better in this regard but again, scoreline doesn't really tell us as much as we might want it to.

1-0 in first half, we made a mistake at beginning of 2nd half to make it 1-1, but basically 2nd half was 4-1 scoreline with them having way less of a sniff, despite leaving on first half team longer and they actually brought on a couple of senior players in first subs.

The issue/opportunity with our system is tempo, when we play fast, press high it naturally puts the opposition in more of a sit deep/survival mode (and yes, sometimes them just sitting for the counter), but it allows us much more players in/around the opposition box. Werner, Spence, Lankshear/Veliz/Scarlett, Moore, Philips, Devine all ended up in/wide of the box, lots of overloads.

Said it before, I think the similarity to Ange with Poch is the model may be better suited for younger players (have the legs and easier to mold)

Re Moore, his goal showed great close control, got a good touch and is willing to go for it ..

I think we looked better when Lankshear was on as he was in the box as an option to pass to.

He also gave more space for Bergvall, Devine and Moore to move into.

The issue/opportunity with our system is tempo, when we play fast, press high it naturally puts the opposition in more of a sit deep/survival mode.
Yes, some of our players like Hojbjerg, Royal, Phillips have a default setting of "lay it off square or backwards, just lay it off and get rid of the problem" whereas most of our youngsters have a default setting of "what can I do with this, how can I hurt them, who can I connect with and burst forwards".
It makes such a huge difference in terms of keeping the oppo under pressure versus releasing all the pressure.

Yes, some of our players like Hojbjerg, Royal, Phillips have a default setting of "lay it off square or backwards, just lay it off and get rid of the problem" whereas most of our youngsters have a default setting of "what can I do with this, how can I hurt them, who can I connect with and burst forwards".
It makes such a huge difference in terms of keeping the oppo under pressure versus releasing all the pressure.
Right, even just seeking the "free man" instead of passing the ball to some other player who is also being marked. Some players are playing chess (planning out not just the next pass, but the next series of passes) and others are playing checkers (as you said, hot potato).

Was listening to danny murphy a while back. He reckons that some players play simple passes. Not just to keep the ball but to keep their pass completion numbers up. So they look good in data.

It wasn't him speculating. Players had told him.

Right, even just seeking the "free man" instead of passing the ball to some other player who is also being marked. Some players are playing chess (planning out not just the next pass, but the next series of passes) and others are playing checkers (as you said, hot potato).
I think it the very elite who think a couple of moves ahead
It’s why they rarely move but make time
Messi is a classic of that
So is Modric

Back