• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mikey Moore

Diagree on this one.

Let's see what other businesses we do then consider what that means.

Assuming Son stays to primarily be a left winger we have Son and Werner. Let's see what happens with Solomon. If he stays too or we sign another left winger probably there won't be much room for Moore. Which would be fine, he's 16, not been out on loan yet.

For me Werner gives us short term options/solutions, but he's also a player we can easily get rid off if Moore steps up in the next year or looks likely to do so a year from now. Gives us a lot if flexibility.

But, depends on what other businesses we do. If we now go ahead and also buy another starting quality left winger or a very talented younger left winger that's ahead of Moore I would start agreeing with you.

To me, so far, this smells of actually trying to keep a path open for Moore.

Agreed - in a years time a decision can be made on whether a then 17 year old Mickey Moore is ready to play a significant squad role for us (no new signing required unless Son really drops off ) or whether he needs a year or two on loan (or doesn't develop as hoped) in the latter scenario we then have had a year to evaluate Werner and can choose whether to sign him on or go in to the market for a new signing.

Agreed - in a years time a decision can be made on whether a then 17 year old Mickey Moore is ready to play a significant squad role for us (no new signing required unless Son really drops off ) or whether he needs a year or two on loan (or doesn't develop as hoped) in the latter scenario we then have had a year to evaluate Werner and can choose whether to sign him on or go in to the market for a new signing.
Exactly. And if during this season Moore stays here and does well enough at youth levels, training and potential minutes on the pitch to warrant more playing time that's great. It's not like Werner is some very expensive signing we're then tinkling off by dropping him for the 17 year old.

If you're Mikey Moore looking at the Spurs first team. A soon to be 32 year old Son who will be dropping off in quality sooner or later and a 28 year old Werner on a season long loan ahead of you in the pecking order. Would you really feel your medium term path into the first team is being blocked by this? If so he rates himself way lower than most of our fans. If he's a confident level headed young man I think he would feel that the place is there to be grabbed over the coming years.

I know I'm ignoring Gil, Solomon, arguably Johnson too (though I think his future is more on the right in this system). Even if one wanted to include them in this conversation I think the point still stands just as solidly. If that blocks Moore's path we have a different problem.

I'd be happy to keep him here. Play u21s get minutes in the cups and hopefully some in the prem. Ease him in.

Lankshear etc... need loans. They've shown what they can do in the u21s. Time to step up to mens football fully. He's big and strong enough that i can see him get plenty of game time on loan.

I'd be happy to keep him here. Play u21s get minutes in the cups and hopefully some in the prem. Ease him in.

Lankshear etc... need loans. They've shown what they can do in the u21s. Time to step up to mens football fully. He's big and strong enough that i can see him get plenty of game time on loan.
Impossible to know what Ange actually thinks, but can be a bit of fun to speculate...

I think Moore got involved a bit towards the end of the season being in the squad and getting minutes because he's in Ange's thinking for next season.

I actually think several decisions had next season partly in mind. The City line up, Kulusevski up front against Sheffield. Sticking with Son on the left where before he's played as a striker. And also giving Moore some minutes. Several of the U21 players that could have gotten minutes and deserved them.

Things can change in preseason. Could be that Ange just wanted to be the one who gave Moore his debut (I really doubt it). Could have been to keep him happy (I doubt it). But I think Ange involved him because he thinks he'll be involved more next season. Wanted to get the debut experience and nerves out of the way.

I agree a lot of the others will be more in need of loan deals.

Looked good enough to have some sub appearances for the first team. Don't want to start him in many first team games yet. He's still growing and developing.

Back