• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

His distribution would not be good enough for the Spanish league. Their goal keepers are all excellent on the ball. Hugo is probably the worst I've seen in the Prem or Champ off of back passes and moving balls - puts us under constant pressure when he can't reach the half way line most of the time.

For me he could move to PSG and I think the signing of Vorm was a lot to do with next season. Hope not but he is a class above everyone else here right now.

Can you not see the parallels between what you are saying and what a lot thought before Bale left?

I have no doubt he is a top pro and very dignified, but he will be off if the opportunity arises and we haven't managed to achieve CL....

Exactly. If Lloris is here beyond this season I will be surprised, I'm shocked he's still here now tbh.

How exactly do you know that wasn't the intention?

you're so quick to tell others that they don't know what the DOF is doing and who he's signings were but you pass of your opinion as fact. How do you know what the intentions of the DOF was with the Chadli signing? did he tell you personally that Chadli was not meant to be the replacement?

I'm interested to know the answer too.

His distribution would not be good enough for the Spanish league. Their goal keepers are all excellent on the ball. Hugo is probably the worst I've seen in the Prem or Champ off of back passes and moving balls - puts us under constant pressure when he can't reach the half way line most of the time.

For me he could move to PSG and I think the signing of Vorm was a lot to do with next season. Hope not but he is a class above everyone else here right now.

He's said he won't go back to France until the end of his career.

I can't see him going anywhere other than a big Spanish club.

but you've been crying out for him to play 442 for the last few weeks :rio:

and you done the same with AVB - so now a manager is actually adapting to what's available to him you're complaining about that too? :rolleyes:
So make up your mind - are we pressing in the Poch way or has fires amen his principles to adapt to our shower of ****e?

Btw, yes I want us to play with two strikers at home against the lesser clubs. IMO a lot of our problems stem from a single striker in these games - particularly as we don't have a suitable one for this role.

Make up MY mind? :ross: you're the one who can't decide whether Poch should be getting criticized for changing tactics or whether he should be playing 442...

Have any of our strikers played in a 2 man attack btw? Has our manager ever coached 442? Have any of our players even played it?

Hope you're prepared to give it some patience should he do what you want, id hazard a guess it'd take more than you've given him so far to get it working

Make up MY mind? :ross: you're the one who can't decide whether Poch should be getting criticized for changing tactics or whether he should be playing 442...

Have any of our strikers played in a 2 man attack btw? Has our manager ever coached 442? Have any of our players even played it?

Hope you're prepared to give it some patience should he do what you want, id hazard a guess it'd take more than you've given him so far to get it working

Of course our strikers have played with one supporting striker. Call it what you want, but Ade played with Soldado or VDV in his most successful spell with us, Kane has played with a support striker for England if not for us and scored a hat trick with Ade as little time ago as Thursday . We NEED two out of these three (preferably not Ade ) on the pitch from the start against the lesser sides. So yes I am critical of Poch for his team selection ( especially starting Solado against the league champions away and not persevering with him) and not rewarding Harry with a place after a hat trick) and sticking to his failing system with only one up top on these type of games.

I also do not think we are pressing as a team a la Poch at Soton. We have had a relatively consistent top four all season, yet there is little sign of this happening despite a full pre-season to get this (comparatively) easy tactical lesson ingrained. I I R C, he got his Diton side playing like this virtually straight away without the benefit of a pre-season.

I also think he is playing with a relatively high line in most games. Just think how vulnerable we have been to the ball over the top and how many times Lloris has had to save us in this respect.

Can he get it right? Maybe. It is early days and he should be given more time. The jury is still out for me but a long way to go before I will call for him to be sacked.

I do however want to see progress. More attacking play and an overhaul of the playing staff with players with genuine strength (both mental and physical) hunger and desire to be signed. We lost our only two players with any heart this season (daws and Sandro ) and we are sadly lacking this at the moment.

Poch should be given the time and players to get it right. But real progress in the right direction must be shown on and off the pitch.

so you don't actually want to play 442 you just want Kane to play centrally in the 3 behind the forward?

id be happy to see us play with Kane in that position also :eek:k:

I also think he is playing with a relatively high line in most games. Just think how vulnerable we have been to the ball over the top and how many times Lloris has had to save us in this respect.

I disagree that we are playing a high line. I even think that our lack of a coherant pressing strategy may stem from the fact that we're NOT playing a high line. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's equaliser at the weekend wasn't the result of high line but the result of comically poor concentration from our defence (specifically our right back). I don't think that Lloris has had to save us any more than the keepers of most other teams do for them. It certainly hasn't looked to me like it did under AVB where we had gaping holes behind us for the opposition to exploit.

I actually think our problems this season have largely come about by teams finding pockets of space in front of our back 4 (either due to poor positioning/lack of mobility from Capoue, or perhaps by the opposition easily outnumbering Capoue in this area of the pitch) or by teams doubling up on and exposing our fullbacks due to the fact that Lamela isn't the best defensively and Chadli doesn't bother defending at all.

The worrying thing for me is that many of our problems so far this season seem to be tactical as opposed to being due to us having an inferior quality of player compared to the opposition.

Me too. So to accomodate do you drop Chadli or Eriksen?

i don't know, it's a bit of a pickle tbh Lamela should be included also i guess - but ultimately Kanes form has him banging on the door and asides from Chadli's good start this season none of the 3 are exactly doing so well they cannot be dropped.

you'd include Kane in the team to bring you goals and depending on who starts in the CF position you set the 'wide' players of the 3 around that, i guess? Adebayor tends to drop off out wide under Pocchetino so you'd want Chadli in there to chip in with the goals and movein to the vacant space up front - you'd play Soldado in the hope he'd find some scoring form so Chadli could be expendable in this instance.

-----Adebayor
Chadli Kane Lamela

-------Soldado
Eriksen Kane Lamela

possibly?

i do think we have quite a varied attacking set of players, hopefully we can find the right combination

Maybe it's a bit unnecessary to throw more negativity in to the equation at this point but I am just wondering exactly what Poch is trying to and how he means to go about it.

It looks very much similar to AVB's turgid attacking play and weak defense, mainly because it's pretty much the same players in the same system. Makes me laugh when I hear about our attacking pressing Poch style of play, what ****ing team does not "press" the ball and also attempt to attack. It's called getting the ball and scoring goals and that to me is a pretty basic concept that every team attempts to do.

^ i think some get swayed by what they read tbh - i don't think we're clicking yet but the way we play seems far more purposeful than it ever did under AVB. people see words like pressing and high line and then when we get off to a poor start and with few goals scored then the same old negatives from that time are trotted out (despite the fact we aren't even really playing a high line or a pressing game)

Suggestioned starting XI time, whoop! whoop!

___________Lloris__________
Walker_Kaboul_Vertonghen_Rose
_____Mason______Bentaleb____
Lamela________________Eriksen
_________Kane______________
_____________Soldado________

My sugested starting XI for league games:

------------------lloris
naughton---kaboul---vert----rose
chadli------dembele---mason---eriksen
--------------------kane
--------------------adebayor

^ i think some get swayed by what they read tbh - i don't think we're clicking yet but the way we play seems far more purposeful than it ever did under AVB. people see words like pressing and high line and then when we get off to a poor start and with few goals scored then the same old negatives from that time are trotted out (despite the fact we aren't even really playing a high line or a pressing game)

My opinion hasn't been from what I've read but more just a hollow feeling whilst watching us play this season

I wouldn't say we play a high line like we did under AVB but our defense still gets cut through time and time again. The game against the Cypriots was a good example of that, time and time again they got through and we were quite fortunate to have only conceded one (although it was a humorous one...)

There we go! What do you mean we aren't even playing a pressing game? Of course we are, it's called trying to get the ball back. Unless we were waiting to regain possession by manner of a kick off or a goal kick there definitely has to be an element of pressing involved and we;ve won the ball in good positions and benefited from it ie the Arsenal goal but it's funny when it's spoken of like a brand new concept.

I wish I was as positive as you to have seen purposeful play but that just isn't my viewpoint of it, Bale was purposeful because he'd get the ball and do something with it.

I haven't been critical of the manager on here just until now but it's got to be said about how poor it's been, in no way am I saying Poch out or anything, I'm just concerned. In no way can I look at Pochettino's CV and be overwhelmed but there must be a reason we hired him and hopefully he'll be a massive success but I still see the complete lack of balls, concentration and attacking potency that we've seen for a while...

Back